[SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.7]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FederationScumX1999

Re: [SHIP][AE] Deimos

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 am

Alright, new version is finished. Check the first post for details!
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.1]

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:07 am

sadly some systems are impossible to block from the player- they will be by forced on the first- and every store you come along until you buy it.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:29 am

I think that only applies to Shields and Oxygen. Although has anyone tried starting without Piloting and Engines :lol:
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:32 am

stylesrj wrote:I think that only applies to Shields and Oxygen. Although has anyone tried starting without Piloting and Engines :lol:

They would call it the Hitchhiker - drifting through space using a distress beacon to latch onto passing ships or use up the fuel of non-destroyed enemy vessels for transport. Would be pretty neat actually. 8-)
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:35 am

stylesrj wrote:I think that only applies to Shields and Oxygen. Although has anyone tried starting without Piloting and Engines :lol:

I have... it was painful... and boring
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:42 am

If you don't have Piloting or Engines, I don't think you can even access the jump menu and call for help.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:45 am

stylesrj wrote:If you don't have Piloting or Engines, I don't think you can even access the jump menu and call for help.

Oh bugger. Would've been amusing if a drifter with no dodge capability defeated the head of the Rebel Fleet. But that's only a dream... :cry:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 am

FederationScumX1999 wrote:
stylesrj wrote:If you don't have Piloting or Engines, I don't think you can even access the jump menu and call for help.

Oh bugger. Would've been amusing if a drifter with no dodge capability defeated the head of the Rebel Fleet. But that's only a dream... :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24424

Welcome to FTL: Stations Job.

A mod based on FTL: Captains edition stations- this mod places you in the seat of one of those stations and your job is to stay in a federation sector and trade goods with people passing buy- upgrade yourself and defend yourself from the rebels, automated ships, mantis and pirates and the giant alien spider attacks. then the rebel fleet rolls in and you are forced to fight it till the very end... or you come across the damaged remains of the Rebel flagship and destroy it for once and for all.

You still have a helm and engines system but your engine power is capped at 1 and you can't get fuel virtually ever.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:56 am

R4V3-0N wrote:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24424

Welcome to FTL: Stations Job.

A mod based on FTL: Captains edition stations- this mod places you in the seat of one of those stations and your job is to stay in a federation sector and trade goods with people passing buy- upgrade yourself and defend yourself from the rebels, automated ships, mantis and pirates and the giant alien spider attacks. then the rebel fleet rolls in and you are forced to fight it till the very end... or you come across the damaged remains of the Rebel flagship and destroy it for once and for all.

You still have a helm and engines system but your engine power is capped at 1 and you can't get fuel virtually ever.

I was thinking more along the lines of a hobo taking on what experienced military minds couldn't, but pretty close anyhow. -w-
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:04 am

Updated the download link with a few modifications which mainly focused on making the Lanius Taser more bearable to fly. Initially, it was just way too easy to shut down without shields; one hit anywhere, especially on piloting or engines, and it was over.

While the challenge of timing your execution of system and crew actions is still the main point of its early run, the other challenge has shifted from obtaining shields to upgrading your pitiful reactor. Floor was also changed to a pure white-silver color to blend more naturally into the ship's hull and cloak. Med bay has been fixed to allow two people inside it. Cloaking has been downgraded to level 1 to compensate for you now having shields. Everything else has been left intact.

Also, I finally animated gibs for each ship and, with some help from Biohazard, changed as many system appearances (or costs, in the case of oxygen and doors) as possible and gave the Taser Bomb one sole event for it to shine in.