[Ship] Gurlick's Ship Challenge Pack

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gurlick

[Ship] Gurlick's Ship Challenge Pack

Postby Gurlick » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:38 am

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pa1qwqapabpgiy6/Gurlick's_Ship_Challenge_Pack.ftl

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager. For AE.

Change log:
v1.1
- Spelling Corrections
- red dragon drone bugfix
- Primordial now has 1 fewer slug crewmembers
v1.0
- Initial Release

Introducing Gurlick's Ship Challenge Pack:

Features:
-14 new ships
- 7 designs with type A and B
- 2 new Artillery Weapons
- 2 Ghost ships (one design)
- Increased/decreased drone/weapon limit for specific ships
- Racial hybrid ships
- 1 custom weapon not available in stores

Notes:
- Gibs not available for most ships
- The Great Red Dragon may cause a crash if you try to autofire a weapon from above slot above 4; also the drone system does not work for this ship, so don't buy it.

Engi Scavenger A: The Mobius
This Engi ship was built to be self sustaining over long durations with minimal crew. It has been adapted for military purposes.

Engi Scavenger B: The Asymptote
This industrial mining rig has been retrofitted for combat in light of the war. The shield system is incomplete, but it packs a powerful punch.

Crystal Interceptor A: Hematite
A hybrid ship of Lanius and Crystal technologies. Features no shield, but uses hacking to disable weapons long enough to strike.

Crystal Interceptor B: Alkali
While Lacking in any real firepower, this ship is designed to kill enemy crew through oxygen depravation and confusion.

Stellar Cruiser A: The Burnell
A collaborative effort, built by Engi and Zoltan scientists. Makes use of high powered ion artillery to disable ships.

Stellar Cruiser B: The Mira
This ship features a flame based artillery and a teleporter, making it more physically imposing than the original design.

War Hunter A: Primordial
Some races prefer the old ways. This Slug and Mantis hybrid ship is built for slaughter.

War Hunter B: Prostrate
This ship makes use exclusivly of beam weapons and a hacking system to flay enemy ships.

Ghost Ship A: The Flying Dutchman
How can this be? Perhaps some sort of hologram malfunction?

Ghost Ship B: The Octavius
This ship was recorded as missing years ago. What could have happened to it?

Heavy Transport A: The Scrap Hulk
An old model of freighter, with plenty of space for drones.

Heavy Transport B: The Bastille
This ship for transporting criminals comes equipped with stun weapons and high security.

Legendary Cruiser A: The Great Red Dragon
Legends tell of a fearsome ship that has crossed the galaxy and plundered treasures from every corner.

Legendary Cruiser B: The Deep Sea Terror
This enigmatic cruiser is the sister ship to the Great Red Dragon. Over time it has all but been forgotten.

Hi everyone,

I'm not a regular forum user, but I made this, so I though I might as well upload it. I've playtested each ship to make sure it's possible to win with it and that it doesn't crash. I'll be around for a while to fix any bugs that may exist with this, provided there is demand for it. Feel free to point out any problems, and I'll get back to you.

Gurlick
Last edited by Gurlick on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mangiferus Flux

Re: [Ship] Gurlick's Ship Challenge Pack

Postby Mangiferus Flux » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:21 am

I really thought that the Prostrate said The Prostate. Good mod though, tried it and honestly like the Mobius.
~Mangiferus Flux~
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58 am

Oooh, that's some really nice custom hull art!
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Dude... welcome to the FTL forum! I hope you're going to stick around, because these ships look amazingly well done!!! I can't wait to try them all! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:28 pm

I think you spelled the name for the Engi Scavenger B incorrectly
Right now it reads << The Asymtote >>

I think what you want it to be spelled like is
<< The Asymptote >>

It seems you've used math terms for the engi, so you probably want it to read asymptote

On a different note, wow I can't wait to try these ships!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 pm

The Great Red Dragon description says "...crossed the galaxy and plunered treasures..." , when it should be plundered rather than plunered

While playing with this ship, the game crashed when I received a boarding drone from a ship. I think this is due to the fact that the ship has 7 weapon slots and somehow messed up with getting something in its cargo hold? I'm not really sure why, but the game crashed after receiving that boarding drone, so...

Is the fact that the ships don't align with the vanilla ships ( e.g. engi scavenger lines up with the kestrel ) done on purpose?

Also, when you switch in between the A and B versions of the engi scavenger and some other ships, they're not aligned in the same spot.
Gurlick

Postby Gurlick » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:24 am

NarnKar wrote:Oooh, that's some really nice custom hull art!

Thanks. I'm not really an artist, but I'll take the complement.

TaxiService wrote:Dude... welcome to the FTL forum! I hope you're going to stick around, because these ships look amazingly well done!!! I can't wait to try them all! :D

Good to hear. I might do more ships at some point, but I did this to take a break from another project, which I have to get back to, so probably not for a while.

mr_easy_money wrote:I think you spelled the name for the Engi Scavenger B incorrectly
Right now it reads << The Asymtote >>

I think what you want it to be spelled like is
<< The Asymptote >>

It seems you've used math terms for the engi, so you probably want it to read asymptote

On a different note, wow I can't wait to try these ships!

mr_easy_money wrote:The Great Red Dragon description says "...crossed the galaxy and plunered treasures..." , when it should be plundered rather than plunered

While playing with this ship, the game crashed when I received a boarding drone from a ship. I think this is due to the fact that the ship has 7 weapon slots and somehow messed up with getting something in its cargo hold? I'm not really sure why, but the game crashed after receiving that boarding drone, so...

Is the fact that the ships don't align with the vanilla ships ( e.g. engi scavenger lines up with the kestrel ) done on purpose?

Also, when you switch in between the A and B versions of the engi scavenger and some other ships, they're not aligned in the same spot.

You are correct. Looks like I never learned how to spell that word. Thanks for telling me; I'll fix it soon. I'm just waiting to see if people find more problems first.

I don't think the boarding drone caused the crash you experienced. I've beaten the final boss with this ship, and that always has a boarding drone, so it must have been fine when I tried it. It could have been something else that caused it. There's not much I can do about that ship anyway without radically redesigning it, which I don't plan on doing.

About the ordering, there's not supposed to be any link between these ships and the originals, even though some of them are clearly inspired by certain ships. I just added them in the order they were designed.

The mismatch in position of A and B layouts happens for several ships. I made them equal in superluminal, but they still seem to be off, so I may have to edit the base files to fix it.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 am

Gurlick wrote:I've beaten the final boss with this ship, and that always has a boarding drone, so it must have been fine when I tried it. It could have been something else that caused it.

What I meant was that I just defeated some ship, and I got the boarding drone as a reward along with low scrap rewards and then the game crashed. It may be possible to use a boarding drone when you have drone control and/or you buy it from a store, but maybe getting it from a ship messes with it. I dunno...
Gurlick

Postby Gurlick » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:11 am

mr_easy_money wrote:What I meant was that I just defeated some ship, and I got the boarding drone as a reward along with low scrap rewards and then the game crashed. It may be possible to use a boarding drone when you have drone control and/or you buy it from a store, but maybe getting it from a ship messes with it. I dunno...

Oh, that makes more sense. I think I've figured out what happened. I set the drone slot limit to 0, which appears to be the problem. I'll just increase it. Come to think of it, I should probably put this information in the main post. The drone system doesn't work on this ship. There's no gui space for it anyway.
Gurlick

Postby Gurlick » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:37 am

I've just released version 1.1

Not many changes, just a few bug fixes and one little nerf.