[Ship][AE] Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.6.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [Ship][AE] Star Wars B-Wing Starships

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:15 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:I've changed the b-wing's augs to ones that make more sense

I've also changed the defense drone MK I to a MK III
the MK III has a much faster cooldown and has the same capabilities as the MK II

Does the drone need to be changed so that the ship is more balanced? I feel like I might've over done it a little bit, what with the fast cooldown and the augs

Damn beams....

That's where play testing comes in to play.
If the MK III is capable of fully intercepting a burst MKII or something, then it's probably OP.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
mr_easy_money

Re: [Ship][AE] Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.5

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:40 am

After a long hiatus, Star Wars B-Wing Starships has been updated to version 1.5!

there is now clonebay capability for type B and C, not sure why that was missing... :oops:

the type B has been changed with regards to drones and augs:
Rock Plating has been removed and now the drones look better

the type C has been given different weapons, see below, and also the engines level was boosted up from 2 to 3.
EDIT: I might change this, feels a little OP to start. make comparison with stealth B

there are now mostly proper cloak images, not the matrix bs. there is still matrix bs for shields, which I have yet to change.

see the changelog for full details.

I still need to make a proper shield image, it's too bad UltraMantis's video was auto-removed by Twitch :(

Biohazard063 wrote:What you could do is maybe go for 2 charge lasers (the ones with a max of 2 shots). Still a 4 shot barrage, but a longer cooldown. And once shields are down, you can switch to a faster 2 shot barrage by only charging one shot on each.
Again, these are only idea, so the choice lies with you. You could always try your hand on custom weaponry.

I can't believe I missed this, so I took this advice and now the burst laser mark I's are now charge lasers, recolored, but something is a bit different...

maybe later on I will change this to custom weaponry and also
mr_easy_money wrote:
Biohazard063 wrote:I can't see any weapon mounts...
This is on purpose. ...
I felt that the weapons should fire out from those (and they do) instead of mounting them to see them where they don't belong.

I'm thinking of changing this actually, since not seeing the new weapon fire doesn't sit right with me. also if I don't change this I still need to change the 3rd and 4th weapon mounts because they are popping out and it looks terrible.

Biohazard063 wrote:That's where play testing comes in to play.
If the MK III is capable of fully intercepting a burst MKII or something, then it's probably OP.

it can't fully intercept a burst MKII, but it is reliably better than the Defense II
mr_easy_money

Re: [Ship][AE] Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.5.3

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:28 am

Released Star Wars B-Wing Starships V1.5.3
I realized the filenames of each ship didn't really say anything about each ship so I renamed each of them to their theme. vanilla doesn't do this, but I just felt that b-wing1 and b-wing2 felt superficial. maybe I will change this again, who knows?

more importantly, I added a Slipstream description, which says something about each ship and its theme. :mrgreen:
mr_easy_money

Re: [Ship][AE] Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.6

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:26 am

Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.6

finally, I've added actual shield images to this beloved mod of mine. I also made the weapon mounts visible so you can see your weapons. I kept putting this off until later but never got around to it until someone said I should, so I figured it was time.

I also gave all three of them better interior room images, so they don't look weird anymore with stuff in front of doors and the like.

There are some other miscellaneous changes and fixes which you can find in the changelog

I've added the blurbs I had in the Slipstream description of the mod to the main post, so you get some sort of idea what the design/playstyle is. it's not much of a backstory, but I think the little descriptions I added in the custom stuff sort of hint at that.

as always, feedback is appreciated and I hope I didn't screw anything up! :mrgreen:
mr_easy_money

Re: [Ship][AE] Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.6.1

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:38 am

Star Wars B-Wing Starships v1.6.1

fixed hacking not being available on the type A, sorry about that :roll:

props to BrenTenkage for pointing this out. not sure why I never realized this, probably something to do with the fact that there wasn't a room left for it (so I had to make the right airlock into a bigger room)
PrivateHazzard

Postby PrivateHazzard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:22 pm

they're cool, but I don't like the way they look...
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 am

PrivateHazzard wrote:they're cool, but I don't like the way they look...

then how are they cool? :P