[WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.1

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 am

Hello people. Sorry for the delay, technical issues, internet issues, mod related issues and tinkering, and my pet birds death have kind of pushed this further and further away from the original goal for the release date.

In GO BALLISTIC! patch 1.1 "GAUSS WHAT!" [a patch!] we will release a new weapon into this mod update as well as tinker with the currently existing weapons.
These weapons specificly of what I speak off is powered by coils of electromagnets and have a whole lot of range and moxy. I present to you, the Coil gun and the Gauss rifles!

The Coil gun has sets of coils wraped around the barrel, exposed to the cold enviroment and thus the weapon cools off faster thus allowing it to fire more often then it's brother the Gauss rifle. However due to lack of protection and a more primitive barrel it has worse short range accuracy and worse peformance in areas with derbry and such, like astroid fields*.
The Gauss Rifle however has an improved barrel and casing around the coils, thus giving this more sleak weapon better accuracy over the Coil Gun in the short range combat. As well as a higher velocity.

Both weapons have high velocity and can cause breaches quite easily as well as pierce 1 shield.

* in a future update to this mod. There will be blue options for these two weapons themed on the range. They will be able to shoot at an enemy ship before engagement. Which can lead to hindering and damaging the enemy ships systems (the enemy ship will be weaker rather by lower system level, lower crew count, etc),or cause the enemy ship to flee as they are out ranged in this fight. Another possible event is that a premature death to the enemy ship if you get a lucky hit.
This blue events will add a different flavour to the game and will cause interesting encounters and ways to play the game hopefully. In a similar manor as some CE modules. There will be more ranged weapons from me in the future but first I need to learn how to code events and I decided this is an easier way to start then making complete events off by scratch for my overhaul mod in the works; FTL:EB.

Also I know both weapons are the same but with different names but in this instance I chosen different names based on visual appearance.

Weapons planned for 1.2 (the patch after 1.1) are...
Hyper-Assault Gauss rifles (HAG), which is like the Gauss equivalent of the LB-X Autocannon. (Yes, the 'shot gun' ).
Rail gun (longer reload, higher velocity, possibly more damage, but using the charge mechanic of FTL to improve it's damage [working on more ideas then simple 'damage' with this one. Wondering if the charge mechanic can possibly increase velocity]
Anti Personal Gauss Rifle (AP Gauss), smaller Gauss rifle weapons used to hurt people and systems then the ships hull.

Gauss Rifle Defense drones, high velocity mid-long reload defense drones
HAG Offensive drones.

Weapons planned for patches beyond 1.2...
Machine guns
Machine gun arrays
Light and Heavy Machine guns
Anti Ship and Anti Ship Battery variants of the HAG, Gauss, Coil, and Rail guns.

NOTE:
I am looking for beta testers to test the new weapons before release for final balancing judgements and such.
All beta testers will be named in the credits of this mod and in the final FTL:EB credits as well as [possibly] receiving extra content from this mod that could be possibly released in the future as well as cut content.
The Beta version of this mod will have slightly decreased rarity for all weapons in the mod.

I have to give a reminder that due to my internet problems currently the test build for this mod will not be delivered until later this week or sometime next week.
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
That_Fr1dge

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.0

Postby That_Fr1dge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 pm

R4V3-0N

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.2 "GAUSS WHAT?!" [UPDATE!]

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 am

Gauss what? an update! [badum tish...]

Code: Select all

GO BALLISTIC! 1.2 "GAUSS WHAT?!"
 -added new weapon type; the Gauss rifle [coil gun].
     -Gauss rifle mk I, II, and III
     -Coil Gun mk I, II, and III
   [note: will have blue events for sniper-warfare in FTL someday in the future]

-added new weapon type; the Machineguns.
     -Machine gun mk I and II [MG I] [MG II]
     -Heavy Machine gun mk I and II [HMG I] [HMG II]
     [note: will have blue events for giant green alien spider massacre- I mean to events that involve anti-bio weapons]

-fixed problem with defence drone base image bugs with the gun and base
  -added Light Autocannon mk I as novelty weapon.

Added machine guns as well as heavy versions and also a light autocannon mk I and fixed some issues with the defence drones earlier as well as added a new high tech weapon type: the Gauss rifles, also known as the coil gun.
Hope you guys enjoy this update!

the release of the machine guns came earlier then expected. Next update will have Hyper-assault gauss rifles (LB-X mix gauss) and Rail guns as well as some new drones. However that will be on hold as a new weapon pack "Rave on!" which is centred on energy weapons like beams and lasers will start being coded now.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 am

Question: What kind of weapon would you like to see in FTL: Faster then Light?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:59 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Question: What kind of weapon would you like to see in FTL: Faster then Light?

The obvious thing to add next would be railguns. Maybe you could make some sort of long ranged mass driver which supposedly would pull asteroids from the nearest belt and hurl them at the enemy ship (you could set the fire point far off screen so it doesn't look like the asteroid is coming from the driver). What about some kind of "Rod form God" weapon? You could say that it has some sort of artificial gravity generator since you wouldn't actually be firing the projectile at a planet from orbit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:35 am

Sorry to double post, but do you care if I grab one of the projectile animations to use for this?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:45 am

Haahaha...

Is that a P-82 Twin Mustang? (or popularised in the new naming scheme during korean war; the "F-82") Well sure, you can use the sound for this mod. You could also use the machine gun asset if it is to your liking.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:02 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Is that a P-82 Twin Mustang?

You bet'cha. I'll be making a 50 Cal animation for it myself, I just wanted your projectile animation because it's pretty much exactly what I would have tried to make. Thanks.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:00 am

no worries, you got the sound sorted as well?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 am

Yep, once again the source of my sound effect is a heavily outdated (by today's standards) game. Turns out Battlefield 1942 has all the WWII sounds you could ever want. Believe it or not Battlefield was actually a pretty good game before EA came and ruined it like they did with C&C.
Last edited by Chrono Vortex on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.