[AE&CE MOD] Improved Crystal Sounds 1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Noobjuice

[AE&CE MOD] Improved Crystal Sounds 1.0

Postby Noobjuice » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:41 am

Lets face it, using the default laser sounds for the crystal weapons in FTL is pretty lame. There are plenty of mods out there that change the weapon sounds to the crystal lockdown sound. That's an improvement, but it gets kinda repetitive having the same sound for all the crystal weapons, bombs and the crystal lockdown.

This mod aims to fix that, by adding a new variety of sounds for all the crystal weapons in advanced edn and Captains edn, mainly through splicing together and tweaking FTLs existing and unused sound files.

All in all there are 8 new sounds for Advanced Edn, and 9 additional sounds for Captains Edn. This includes improved launch and impact sounds for all the crystal weapons, and new explosion sounds for the crystal bombs. There’s also a smaller explosion animation for the light crystal weapons in CE.

I tried my best to minimize this mod's compatibility issues, so it should work alongside other mods without any problems. Just remember to install this mod after any mods that change the crystal weapon sounds (like Captain's edn and the sM Pollish Kit).

Feedback is always welcome, so if you have any bugs or suggestions, please let me know.

You can view a quick demonstration video here.

Download: Improved Crystal sounds 1.0
Last edited by Noobjuice on Mon May 18, 2015 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
NarnKar

Re: [AE&CE MOD] Improved Crystal Sounds 1.0

Postby NarnKar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:42 am

Super fancy. Instant download from me.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:54 am

I think this shouldn't be optional for Captain's Edition, it should be in Captain's Edition! :lol:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:19 pm

stylesrj wrote:I think this shouldn't be optional for Captain's Edition, it should be in Captain's Edition! :lol:

Hey Noobjuice, if you agree with this I would very much like to integrate you mod into CE. It's definitely an excellent sound pack that fits the game perfectly. In any case, keep up the great work! :)
Noobjuice

Postby Noobjuice » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Hey guys, wow thanks for all the positive feedback! :D
Sure thing Sleeper, you can include this in Captain's Edn. I’m thinking about adding some more sounds in the future (the heavy lockdown could use its own sound), but that won’t be until after I finish this other mod I'm working on.