[Ship][AE][CE ready] The Anomaly (AI-cruiser) V4

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [Ship][AE][CE] The Anomaly (AI-cruiser)

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:That would require changing every single piracy choice in the mod. Which are quite a few events strewen over different files. Well, the events for the different sectors are store in /data/events_*faction_name*.xml.append. Augment blueprints are stored in data/blueprints.xml.append.

So the blue options given are because of checks of the event itself? Not because it's written in the augment to give a blue option in a certain event?
Hmm... I'll have a look into the whole thing but if it seems to much work, I might give the CE version a repair bomb that only heals system damage to start of with. Or leave it as is and it's up to the player to decide on how to handle things. Getting drone control to 4 should protect it against a 1 hit knock-out I believe.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:55 am

I'd help you with the Slug Gel thing, but I've been quite busy lately. Sorry. It's actually not a very difficult thing to change the events, IF you already know what you're doing. But it may be too much work for you to bother with. It would involve use of the special Slipstream mod commands and stuff which it seems like only a few people actually know how to use.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:33 am

Russian Rockman wrote:I'd help you with the Slug Gel thing, but I've been quite busy lately. Sorry. It's actually not a very difficult thing to change the events, IF you already know what you're doing. But it may be too much work for you to bother with. It would involve use of the special Slipstream mod commands and stuff which it seems like only a few people actually know how to use.

I appreciate the offer, but don't worry about it. ;)
And yeah, that's a big "if". This is my first mod I made, so yeah, I got no clue.
I'll have a look into those .XML files though, try some stuff, hopefully not break the whole thing.
You'll never learn if you don't try.

EDIT : Alright so I got the file open.
Found :
<augBlueprint name="SLUG_GEL">
<title>Slug Repair Gel</title>
<desc>Slug ships excrete a thick gel that automatically repairs any hull breaches.</desc>
<cost>60</cost>
<bp>12</bp>
<rarity>0</rarity>
<stackable>false</stackable>
<value>0.25</value>
I assume this is where I get to change the name of the augment to something else. But that's not going to be enough right? So now I have to go look in the events and look for everything that says slug repair gel and then? Just delete it? Don't want to get the other benefits from it so...
And how do I incorporate everything again? Just repack it? But won't it loose the effect on the next CE update?
Would be so much easier if simply renaming it would make everything better (and worthwhile)... :(
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Very nice ship Biohazard063. Well done!

Regarding your SLUG_GEL issue :
Not a big expert of the SMM modding tags, but you can look at the short guide found in SMM's readme_modders.txt file.
You will probably want to add an events.xml.append file with an SMM special tag which finds all event choices with a SLUG_GEL attribute and removes them.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:43 am

rannl wrote:Very nice ship Biohazard063. Well done!

Regarding your SLUG_GEL issue :
Not a big expert of the SMM modding tags, but you can look at the short guide found in SMM's readme_modders.txt file.
You will probably want to add an events.xml.append file with an SMM special tag which finds all event choices with a SLUG_GEL attribute and removes them.

Hey thanks !
And this would mean I wouldn't have to go look for the events in CE myself and also make sure that it would still work as intended with future updates as well?
To me it sound like something that (if done correctly) removes blue options by words it contains, and seeing that ships are loaded in last it should work then.
But won't it mess with enemy ships that come equipped with it?
It sounds at least a lot less work then what I had to do before. And maybe even a permanent solution.
Channel link
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 am

Biohazard063 wrote:Hey thanks !
And this would mean I wouldn't have to go look for the events in CE myself and also make sure that it would still work as intended with future updates as well?
To me it sound like something that (if done correctly) removes blue options by words it contains, and seeing that ships are loaded in last it should work then.
But won't it mess with enemy ships that come equipped with it?
It sounds at least a lot less work then what I had to do before. And maybe even a permanent solution.

You can specify the exact tag types which should be removed by using the name of the removed tags.
In your case, you'll want to removed all tags named choice which have an attribute which equals SLUG_GEL.
Removing those tags will not effect the enemy blueprints since they do not contain choice tags.

You might also need to add some extra .append files, for each sector type, since they might have specific quests which have blue choices for the SLUG_GEL augment.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:And how do I incorporate everything again? Just repack it? But won't it loose the effect on the next CE update?
Would be so much easier if simply renaming it would make everything better (and worthwhile)... :(

The generall idea here would be to just modify the events in CE that hace SLUG_GEL related choices. First open all of CEs event files and use the seach function to find all event swhere SLUG_GEL playes a role. Now create empty events_x.xml.appends for all CE event files that include SLUG_GEL related choices. Add copies of these events to your new event files and remove or modifies the augment choices. Save these new appends and add them to your mod. This way the mod will only modify the events that actually have something to do with the gel augment. It's unlikely that CE will make changes to those, and that way the mod will be compatible with any future CE versions.

You would proceed the same way if you want to change the augment related texts. So with the same procedure it would also be possible to change all the augments choices to something like
(Auto Cruiser) You are a merciless AI machine programmed for war. Ethical considerations and rules of engagements are irrelevant for you.

or whatever you like. This would make at last those choices more coherent. But the overall AI player-ship dilemma remains: A lot more would have to be changed so that the game actually treats your ship as what it is.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Alright, I can work with this I think. Thanks !
So something along these lines then? If I want to give it the same rewards that slug gel gets...

Code: Select all

<event name="TRADER_CIV">
   <text load="TRADER_CIV" />
   <ship load="CIVILIAN_SHIP" hostile="false" />
   <choice>
      <text>Trade.</text>
      <event load="TRADER_LIST" />
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Ignore.</text>
      <event />
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Attack!</text>
      <event>
         <text>You are about to commit an act of piracy. This might disturb your crew.</text>
         <choice hidden="true">
            <text>Go through with this and see how the crew reacts.</text>
            <event load="C_PIRACY_RESULTS" />
         </choice>
         <choice hidden="true">
            <text>Change your mind and leave the civilians alone.</text>
            <event />
         </choice>
         <choice req="AE_REQUISITION" hidden="true">
            <text>(Requisition License) This operation is legal. We are doing this for the good of the mission and the entire Federation.</text>
            <event load="CE_REQUISITION_CIVILIAN" />
         </choice>
         <choice req="ROCK_ARMOR" hidden="true">
            <text>(Rock Ship) You command a vessel of the brutal Rock people. Your crew knew that they were not signing on for a moral joyride here.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_ROCK" />
         </choice>
         <choice req="CREW_STIMS" hidden="true">
            <text>(Mantis Ship) You command a vessel of the most vicious creatures in the galaxy. Your crew should expect things like this.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_MANTIS" />
         </choice>
         <choice req="BREACH_SEALANT" hidden="true">
            <text>(Auto Cruiser) You are a merciless AI machine programmed for war. Ethical considerations and rules of engagements are irrelevant for you..</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_SLUG" />
         </choice>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>
<event load="CE_PRE_FIGHT_BIOWEAPON_RESULT" />
               </choice>
            </event>
         </choice>
         <choice req="ROCK_ARMOR" hidden="true">
            <text>(Rock Ship) You command a vessel of the brutal Rock people. Your crew knew that they were not signing on for a moral joyride here.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_ROCK" />
         </choice>
         <choice req="CREW_STIMS" hidden="true">
            <text>(Mantis Ship) You command a vessel of the most vicious creatures in the galaxy. Your crew should expect things like this.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_MANTIS" />
         </choice>
         <choice req="BREACH_SEALANT" hidden="true">
            <text>(Auto Cruiser) You are a merciless AI machine programmed for war. Ethical considerations and rules of engagements are irrelevant for you...</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_SLUG" />
         </choice>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>

Name and text will probably get changed, serves just as an example.
Looked at a piece of code called :
<mod:removeTag />
I'm assuming I could just use this to remove everything related to slug gel in the events list?
How would that look like then? As in the code line itself, naming the .XML file (same as the one above I assume) and actually getting it in the mod.
Sorry for all the questions btw... Feel free to tell me to shut it.
Channel link
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:32 pm

I guess that could be use to remove the choice, but I have close to zero experience with those advanced tags. The example you posted would work as you intended though, just make sure that it is placed in the same event_x.xml.append as the original event. Otherwise the game will have two events with the same ID in different files, and that will confuse it a lot (causing crashes on game load I think.)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26426

Here's a post I wrote to try and explain those special mod tags to someone else a while ago. I hope it helps. ;)