Master Mod List

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Whale Cancer

Re: Master Mod List

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 am

WolfyB wrote:Can someone tell me where the data.dat and resource.dat files are backed up? I looked in the resources folder and saw there was folders labeled data.dat and resource.dat "unpacked" but I don't know what those are. Then, in addition to the regular resource and data.dat there are resource and data.dat.bak. Thanks in advance.

*.baks are the backup files. You should be asking this question in the Grognak's Mod Manager thread, as this question directly relates to it.

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2464
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
InnocentSam

Postby InnocentSam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Here's a little guide for the "Guides" list.

http://xenolith.ws/post/38/so-you-want-to-mod-ftl-eh
John Luke Pack Hard

Postby John Luke Pack Hard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 am

Hey, I tried using GMM. Every time I "patch" the game, the loading graphic is replaced by a white box, followed by an error message "FTL has stopped working".

Any indication as to what may be causing the problem?
THEBANDIT240

Postby THEBANDIT240 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Are you waiting until the cmd promt auto closes then launch ftl?
I love FTL
Try out this awesome mod Infinte Space! -
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=23012#p23012
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I posted my Starcraft mod a couple of weeks ago, and way back in October Tuesday said he'd abandoned his version and I said I'd be taking it over.

So if the Master Mod List is still being maintained, could you get the Starcraft v0.5: 18 New Ships mod added to the list?
(And if it's not being maintained, could it be unstickied so the out-of-date information isn't misleadingly at the top of this forum?)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 pm

The last time marksteele visited the forum was two weeks ago. It's too early to tell, but if he does not come back, there are two possibilities:

- Another user can volunteer to maintain a new thread (starting with a copy of this one); forum mods can then unsticky this thread, and sticky the new one.

- Mods can edit this thread, effectively becoming the maintainers of this thread.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
marksteele

Postby marksteele » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 am

heh sorry about that, life caught up with me for a time..now what would be super useful is if someone were to link me any of the newly added mods (pref in the format of the original post). Would be a huge help in getting this back up to snuff.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Needs update/reorganization. And somebody throw Incursion on there! I'm ravenous for news of kieve's little skunkworks project.

EDIT: Just read the above. If we need to start a new thread I have no problem picking that up.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Just bug a moderator to edit the first post and include or edit the list. We'd be happy to do it. Also, what Incursion? It's not in the working mods forum. :|
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 am

UltraMantis wrote:Just bug a moderator to edit the first post and include or edit the list. We'd be happy to do it. Also, what Incursion? It's not in the working mods forum. :|

It's a WIP. Simple project that snowballed into a fullblown TC/expansion thingy. I tried to tell you on IRC a while back but you ignored my link :(