[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: The Rand-[trel/orus/asio/wark/a Monster/prey] v0.10.1

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Seems like the mod might be running issues with it's compatibility with the latest version of CE...
Could be solely CE's fault as well not really sure there, but I haven't seen the issue come up there yet so.
Can't test it out by running CE without this because I'm mid run and don't know if it would mess up the run. Probably would.

Anyway, loving the mod so far. Keep up the good work.
I'll ask the same question on the CE forum incase it's something entirely different.

This is indeed a compatibility issue : the random ship .ftl currently does not have it's own floor layout, so it uses the layout found in vanilla or layouts which come from other mods.
Sleepy recently added the greeble floor layouts, which I think are not aligned the same way as the original layouts.

This issue will be fixed in the next release of the randtrel - I'm adding floor layouts generated using KartoFlane's latest Superluminal release. Unfortunately, this means no greebles :(
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Hey, how I open the mod on a mac? The farthest I could get to was unzipping the files, have you made the mod compatible with macs yet? :cry:
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:33 pm

sign1000 wrote:Hey, how I open the mod on a mac? The farthest I could get to was unzipping the files, have you made the mod compatible with macs yet? :cry:

Mac support is somewhat limited. If you can't run the RandtrelGenerator.sh executable, the following solution will work (confirmed by Mac user) :

Open you Mac command line terminal.
Change diectory to the folder which contains the tool's unzipped files (RandtrelSource folder, assetList.xml, RandtrelGenerator.jar)

Then execute the following command (Assuming you have java 1.6 and above installed) :
java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml

You can create a batch file which will perform those actions. For starters, make sure you can run the tool using the Mac terminal, and if you have any problems, feel free to PM me.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:55 pm

I just wanted to point out that apparently that .sh file contains your entire compiled .jar, unless something went horribly wrong with my download :P
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 pm

kartoFlane wrote:I just wanted to point out that apparently that .sh file contains your entire compiled .jar, unless something went horribly wrong with my download :P

It does. A quick and dirty solution for creating a .sh executable which runs a simple java -jar command with some added main arguments, wrapped together with the actual tool. Legacy of a plan to have 2 seperate releases for win/unix OSs, with executables wrapping the jar.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Well, you could always reuse the launcher code from SMM's modman-cli.sh; I just tried it on my Mac VM, and it launched the app correctly (though it still crashed, cause that VM only has Java6), and as far as I can tell it supports passing of args from the script over to the jar, though I'm not sure.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Umm... I can't PM you, (Apparently my account is still too new :P) so I will just reply here; my problem is that when I type in the command and press enter, it says:
Unable to access jarfile RandtrelGenerator.jar
here is the code I used:

Code: Select all

Last login: Mon Oct 13 14:53:28 on ttys006
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$ /Users/LukeAustins/Desktop/Randtrel_0.10.1 java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml
-bash: /Users/LukeAustins/Desktop/Randtrel_0.10.1: is a directory
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$ java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$

Can you tell me what I did wrong? :roll:
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm

sign1000 wrote:Umm... I can't PM you, (Apparently my account is still too new :P) so I will just reply here; my problem is that when I type in the command and press enter, it says:
here is the code I used:

Last login: Mon Oct 13 14:53:28 on ttys006
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$ /Users/LukeAustins/Desktop/Randtrel_0.10.1 java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml
-bash: /Users/LukeAustins/Desktop/Randtrel_0.10.1: is a directory
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$ java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$

Can you tell me what I did wrong? :roll:

It looks like you did not change directory to the folder containing the unzipped tool.
Try :
cd /Users/LukeAustins/Desktop/Randtrel_0.10.1/

and then :
java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Well, you could always reuse the launcher code from SMM's modman-cli.sh; I just tried it on my Mac VM, and it launched the app correctly (though it still crashed, cause that VM only has Java6), and as far as I can tell it supports passing of args from the script over to the jar, though I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go on my linux station at work. At home I've got a windows laptop, and no real reason to install a Mac VM other then making sure I've got a working Mac OS build solution for this tool... which seems a little over the top currently.
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Ok thanks!! Here is what I have:

Last login: Mon Oct 13 16:41:39 on ttys000
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:~ LukeAustins$ cd /Users/LukeAustins/Desktop/Randtrel_0.10.1/
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:Randtrel_0.10.1 LukeAustins$ java -jar RandtrelGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: flagshipgenerator/FlagshipGenerator : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Prestons-MacBook-Pro:Randtrel_0.10.1 LukeAustins$

What do I do next?