Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v0.991

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:29 pm

KoolTheKid wrote:This mod doesn't work with the newest version of Ship Greeble Graphics mod
I installed the patch that's supposed to fix it, but it does not work at all with the newest version 0.94, which was released a couple of hours ago.

If there is a new version for the Ship Greebles mod it will take me some time to update this mod for that. Especially if it was released a couple of hours ago...

From the OP: :roll:
(These greebles are all brand new so some tweaking may occur to their alignment and images themselves for both vanilla and CE. Keep an eye on the change log.)

The Shiny! Ship Greebles "patch" should be loaded in place of the Ship Greebles .ftl file downloaded from Lord Trilobite. It changes the alignment on several of the greebles and makes them line up better with the outer hull of the ships and other greebles of the same type.

IN THE MEANTIME Could you PLEASE edit your above post so it is not quoting the entire OP, maybe edit it to include only a small section, or take it out completely. I know you are replying to me since this is my thread. It is generally bad manner to quote the entire OP or a really long post, because if everyone did that the page would be unreasonably long. ;)
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Sorry about that. edited.

I am using Slipstream, mod load order is as follows:

Shiny! Ship Greebles for Vanilla v2.0
Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics 1.1
Extra Names Mod 1.1
Highres Shields Classic V1.0
better_asteroids
corpses v2.1 CE
Better Planets and Backgrounds1.0
Detailed Ship Greebles Graphics 0.94
Shiny! UI Overhaul v0.991 Vanilla
Shiny! Detailed Crew Portraits for Vanilla

I disabled ship greeble graphics, and used your patch but it's the same problem. :(
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 pm

KoolTheKid wrote:Sorry about that. edited.

I am using Slipstream, mod load order is as follows:

Shiny! Ship Greebles for Vanilla v2.0
Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics 1.1
Extra Names Mod 1.1
Highres Shields Classic V1.0
better_asteroids
corpses v2.1 CE
Better Planets and Backgrounds1.0
Detailed Ship Greebles Graphics 0.94
Shiny! UI Overhaul v0.991 Vanilla
Shiny! Detailed Crew Portraits for Vanilla

I disabled ship greeble graphics, and used your patch but it's the same problem. :(

Ah, there is your problem. You should have Shiny! Ship Greebles for Vanilla v2.0 at the end with the Detailed Crew Portraits.

It may take me some time to update the patch for the new changes to the Engi and Zoltan ships though, sorry about that. In the meantime, if you really want to use those greebles you can still use the regular Detailed Ship Greebles Graphics and load it after the Shiny! stuff. It just wont have the alignment changes and stuff from Shiny! but you probably wouldn''t even notice. ;)

Also, if you are using Shiny! you don't need "Highres Shields Classic V1.0" or "better_asteroids" since I've already integrated them directly into Shiny! ;) and I recommend you upgrade BPAB to version 1.3.1, which adds a whole bunch of new backgrounds. Or 1.2.1, which I use, it adds new backgrounds but doesn't have any of the hubble images 1.3.1 has so they look more artsy.

Thanks for trying the mod! :mrgreen:
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Accidental Post
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Hello Everyone! Happy New Year! :)

I had some free time over the holidays to finish up this much needed update for you. It will fix some of the compatibility issues with the newest version of CE and implement some changes I have been meaning to implement for a long time. I have now implemented mostly everything I can think of so finally I can call this version 1.0!

This update mostly focuses on weapon graphics and animations for both Vanilla and CE. I have fixed some inconsistencies with a few weapons by changing weapon animation sheets and weapon mount points.

Here are just a few examples of things that were changed:
-A few weapons introduced in AE, such as Flak weapons, would not glow green when they were fully charged, unlike all other weapons, but now they do
-A few weapons would also glow green while they will still charging, but now they will only glow red
-A few laser weapons would not have any recoil when firing, unlike all other laser weapons, but now they do
-All missile launchers now also have a slight recoil when firing
-And a bunch of other stuff...

In addition the Vanilla version of Shiny! now also includes weapon graphics from liakad's diversityMod, which look much better in my opinion and ensure no two weapons share the same image.

Thanks again to slowriderxcorps for his work on weapon alignments and graphics.
And thanks to Sleeper Service for providing me with the hazard warning template used for Captain's Edition.

Shiny! Update 1.0
-Lowered the glow on Lanius Player Ships
-Changes to the mount alignment on a few weapons
-Fixed some inconsistencies on a few weapon charging animations
-New firing animations added for a few weapons

Vanilla changes
-Replaced some vanilla weapon graphics with ones from liakad's diversityMod

CE changes
-Updated some CE "Hazard Warning" images to match the AE style
-Updated for compatibility with crew customization changes made in CE v1.265

Shiny! Detailed Crew Portraits Patch
-Updated for compatibility with crew customization changes made in CE v1.265
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:42 pm

I had one thought about detailed crew portraits and didn't know where to post it. So I noticed that some of the races have diffrent appearance like in the picture below:

http://zapodaj.net/b557ca8b60473.png.html

So my thought is: why not modify also the detailed crew portaraits in shop and ship developement screen to look also a bit differently?

And second thing i thiink it is connected with greebles mod which looks awesome btw. I had it only once while using cloaking device in Mantis B ship and what it is:

http://zapodaj.net/9911014f0b689.png.html

Do you have any idea what did cause that?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:52 pm

ahmedoo wrote:I had one thought about detailed crew portraits and didn't know where to post it. So I noticed that some of the races have diffrent appearance like in the picture below:

Hi ahmeedoo, thanks for trying out the mod. It always makes me happy to see people using what I've thrown together here. :D

Anyway, I've integrated a lot of assets from other people into this mod. One being the Detailed Crew Portraits mod by Lord Trilobite, which you can find here: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24541.
If you have any suggestions about the crew portraits, that would be the place to post them.

However, if what you are suggesting is that the crew portraits shown in the ship customization screen also should be shown in the crew list and in shops, I am afraid that isn't possible. It is just hardcoded into the game. :( Strangely though, the crew portraits do show up in the cloning system list...

Also, as far as that glitch with the Mantis B, I've never seen anything like that before. Basically your floor just disappeared. :? So sorry, but I don't know what might have caused that.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:29 am

ahmedoo wrote:And second thing i thiink it is connected with greebles mod which looks awesome btw. I had it only once while using cloaking device in Mantis B ship and what it is:

http://zapodaj.net/9911014f0b689.png.html

Do you have any idea what did cause that?

You have no crew on your ship, so cloaking caused the rooms to vanish, but the floor image (greebles) doesn't vanish. This can commonly be seen on the Crystal B ship, since you're likely to send all three of your Crystals over at the start of the run and you start with the cloak.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 pm

You seem to be linking to my old development thread for the Greebles mod. Instead of the newer finished mod thread since I moved it there after I released it.

Here's the link for the new thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26931

Cool UI mod btw.
Image - Image
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 am

LordTrilobite wrote:You seem to be linking to my old development thread for the Greebles mod. Instead of the newer finished mod thread since I moved it there after I released it.

Here's the link for the new thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26931

Cool UI mod btw.

Sorry Trilobite, haven't updated this thread in a while. I have fixed the link. Thanks for all your work on graphics mods also! I'd never be able to do the original work you've done.