Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.97

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:09 am

FortunaDraken wrote:Huh. So I tested things out to see if this was compatible with sMPK, which it definitely seems to be! Everything worked just fine except for the sound. Quiet as a mouse. I could understand that with the weapons firing, but even the background music and ordinary "you've just hovered over something that has a tool-tip" noises were gone o: Does this mod edit any of those? I think it must be another thing my laptop hates (worked out the graphical glitches go away if I delete all crew images from the mod for...some reason)...le sigh.

This mod does not touch any sound files and I'm still not sure what was wrong with the crew images. I think your computer might be possessed. :twisted: Sorry!
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 am

I think it's definitely possessed when it came to the crew images XD I think it was trying to pull things from multiple places, so they were all ending up overlayed and odd. Thankfully once I thought about deleting that, everything has worked so far! XD
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I don't know why but I have strange feeling while looking at the evade percentage bar when it's red or violet (hacking drone - violet is worse but I don't have screen). Isn't it moved to the left upper corner?

http://zapodaj.net/e58f3116f8315.bmp.html

Morover, could you change the font on smaller in shops and weapon UI beacuse not everything is clear when there is a lot of info especially when I use EL Addon.

And by the way, do you consider modifying a little layouts of player's ships to look better? Or maybe you could talk with Phlake to merge both mods? What's is your opinion on that? Now I'm using Better colours mod but his work is amazing.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 pm

ahmedoo wrote:I don't know why but I have strange feeling while looking at the evade percentage bar when it's red or violet (hacking drone - violet is worse but I don't have screen). Isn't it moved to the left upper corner?

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean? I haven't heard anything from others about the red/violet evade bar. What would you like to change about it?

ahmedoo wrote:Morover, could you change the font on smaller in shops and weapon UI beacuse not everything is clear when there is a lot of info especially when I use EL Addon.

The CE version of this mod already uses a smaller font than vanilla. I think that making it any smaller would be impossible to read. I tried increasing the size of the text window, but that didn't work. Sorry.

ahmedoo wrote:And by the way, do you consider modifying a little layouts of player's ships to look better? Or maybe you could talk with Phlake to merge both mods? What's is your opinion on that? Now I'm using Better colours mod but his work is amazing.

I haven't been contacted by Phlakes in a while and he is busy now making his own game, you can find a link to it on the Remastered thread now. I might consider making a patch for the Remastered drones and weapons and ships that works with this, but I don't want to "steal" any of Phlakes' stuff so I won't do that unless I get permission.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:20 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
ahmedoo wrote:I don't know why but I have strange feeling while looking at the evade percentage bar when it's red or violet (hacking drone - violet is worse but I don't have screen). Isn't it moved to the left upper corner?

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean? I haven't heard anything from others about the red/violet evade bar. What would you like to change about it?

Sorry for my language. I run with a better explanation. What I mean was this:

http://zapodaj.net/f3f76b91bb50a.bmp.html

When a hacking drone attack the piloting section it becomes violet and it is moved from the white-steel basic background with a text. I don't know if there's an effect when the drone hacks into oxygen. I will try to grab a screen soon.

EDIT:

That's exactly what I meant:

http://zapodaj.net/1d8bc9504ba57.bmp.html

Russian Rockman wrote:I haven't been contacted by Phlakes in a while and he is busy now making his own game, you can find a link to it on the Remastered thread now. I might consider making a patch for the Remastered drones and weapons and ships that works with this, but I don't want to "steal" any of Phlakes' stuff so I won't do that unless I get permission.

OK, I'm fine with this. Just wanted to ask ;) .
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:58 pm

ahmedoo wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:

Sorry for my language. I run with a better explanation. What I mean was this:

When a hacking drone attack the piloting section it becomes violet and it is moved from the white-steel basic background with a text. I don't know if there's an effect when the drone hacks into oxygen. I will try to grab a screen soon.

Ahh, the placement of that warning appears to be off by a few pixels. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will fix that in the next version. :roll:
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.98

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:04 am

Hello everybody, here's a new version for you. I've updated the CE version to be compatible with the latest update and fixed a couple more issues based on your bug reports. Thank you for reporting those.

v0.98
-Fixed alignment of Oxygen & Evade warnings
-Gibs on Stealth Cruiser's fixed
-Added sMPK's re-allignment of consoles

CE version changes
-Support for new Kestrel A & C layout
-Added Lord Trilobite's portraits back in, finally

Added link to CE Vanilla Portraits Patch, in case you do prefer those still. You can download this patch from here or the CE thread, it's the same.

Also, I could still use some feedback on the Background Fleet Shields Add-on... ;)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:56 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I could still use some feedback on the Background Fleet Shields Add-on... ;)

I like the look and that it is coherent with how shields seem to generally work, but I also feel like it is clutters the backgrounds a little (was tempted to do this for CE a while ago). Now I just started to wonder if less obvious shields (25% opacity?) might actually look better and less distracting.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I could still use some feedback on the Background Fleet Shields Add-on... ;)

I like the look and that it is coherent with how shields seem to generally work, but I also feel like it is clutters the backgrounds a little (was tempted to do this for CE a while ago). Now I just started to wonder if less obvious shields (25% opacity?) might actually look better and less distracting.

That is what I thought too, my main problem was how the shields overlap because of the randomization of the fleet placement. And that is why I did not just put this directly in to Shiny! I will try some lower opacity shields though, maybe 50% and see how that looks, thanks for that suggestion! :)
Qwad35

Postby Qwad35 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Nice. But honestly, why can't you make it so that there is this as a standalone UI mod and that portraits are seperate. Why do you force us to patch in the new portraits and then unpatch them?