Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
randoomdude

Re: Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Postby randoomdude » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:22 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:CRITICAL WARNING

The Shiny! UI mod will NOT work in the latest versions of FTL, v1.6.x and onwards, due to a drastic alteration in the game's graphics and the way it puts names on various in-game things. While I've attempted to refit the Remastered style into the new files, it's not only far from polished, but it's not going to be the same at all. Especially as a couple of new font files are responsible for putting names on various tabs and such, and there is currently no working way to edit these fonts so they match the Remastered style.

Hi i'm just coming in after a couple years off and been wanting to spice things up with mods, I really liked what this mod did in giving the title card a really sleek look, if no one is able to restore the UI of this mod I think it would be nice to at least get a mod that's just the simplified title art, dunno if Slowriderxcorps or anyone else is still active but would really appreciate getting this work again.
dot

Postby dot » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:18 am

randoomdude wrote:Hi i'm just coming in after a couple years off and been wanting to spice things up with mods, I really liked what this mod did in giving the title card a really sleek look, if no one is able to restore the UI of this mod I think it would be nice to at least get a mod that's just the simplified title art, dunno if Slowriderxcorps or anyone else is still active but would really appreciate getting this work again.

Download this instead: https://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=17187

And use the GFX module from it, it works just fine and looks almost exactly the same as this.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:31 am

To more properly elaborate on that: if you're playing on the latest version of the game, use that link. However if you're running FTL Hyperspace, use this link instead.
Ouaz

Postby Ouaz » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:44 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:CRITICAL WARNING

The Shiny! UI mod will NOT work in the latest versions of FTL, v1.6.x and onwards, due to a drastic alteration in the game's graphics and the way it puts names on various in-game things. While I've attempted to refit the Remastered style into the new files, it's not only far from polished, but it's not going to be the same at all. Especially as a couple of new font files are responsible for putting names on various tabs and such, and there is currently no working way to edit these fonts so they match the Remastered style.

I really liked how Russian Rockman redesigned the combat box (semi-transparent, with a less pronounced hex grid). Years ago, I just took the combat box from his mod, to make a standalone mod.
Given how the UI translation is handled in 1.6.x, the mod is not compatible anymore.

So, I tweaked it for compatibility with all languages (GFX module combat box suggested above, is only compatible with English language).
The combat box edge colors has to be simpler (because of the font displayed on it -Target, Hull, and Shields-), but the viewport is the same (bigger than the vanilla combat box), as the transparency and the hex grid (Rebel Flagship combat box included).

If someone is interested: Shiny Combat UI 2.0

See you!