Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.98

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Qwad35 wrote:Nice. But honestly, why can't you make it so that there is this as a standalone UI mod and that portraits are seperate. Why do you force us to patch in the new portraits and then unpatch them?

This mod changes the alignment of some of the crew to make them line up better with consoles, doors, and other elements of the ship.

Therefore there are some glitches that may happen if you use Better Crew Portraits by Lord Trilobite with this mod, which also modifies crew. So I included a patch that either lets you:
A) Use Trilobite's portraits with vanilla -OR-
B) Use the vanilla portraits with CE

CE already comes included with Trilobite's portraits so I made a mod that removes the portraits from CE if you want.

Soooo... I'm not "forcing" you to do anything. Rather, I am trying to give everyone the option to use either the vanilla portraits or the also popular Crew Portraits by Trilobite with any version of this mod or other mods. The default is no portraits for vanilla or alternate portraits for CE, so you only need to use the patch if you want it the other way around. :roll:

It shouldn't be too difficult to click one extra box.
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi.

Could you please clarify which parts of the following mods you have integrated in yours?
I have also directly integrated...
Parts of slowriderxcorp's sM Polish Kit
Scooterbaga's "Replacers"

The reason I am asiking is that I thought Scooterbaga's mod to be fully integrated and was surprised when I didn't find the titular Techmoon fix.

Also, can Sleeper Service's Extended Pursuit Indicator for 25 jumps be made compatible with Shiny! as well?

Thanks.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:31 am

Nevill wrote:Hi.

Could you please clarify which parts of the following mods you have integrated in yours?
I have also directly integrated...
Parts of slowriderxcorp's sM Polish Kit
Scooterbaga's "Replacers"

The reason I am asiking is that I thought Scooterbaga's mod to be fully integrated and was surprised when I didn't find the titular Techmoon fix.

Also, can Sleeper Service's Extended Pursuit Indicator for 25 jumps be made compatible with Shiny! as well?

Thanks.

I have incorporated most of the sM Polish Kit's graphical changes, I will eventually the weapon graphics changes.

I have integrated Scooterbaga's replacers for everything but the stars and planets. So that is why the Techmoon wasn't included. Funnily enough though, I just noticed myself today that the Techmoon was left out while playing Captain's Edition so I will be including, for reals, ALL of Scooterbaga's replacers in the next version of the mod for both CE and vanilla. ;) Hopefully I will get that up sometime in the next few days. (Stay tuned, there will hopefully be several changes and additions.)

And for Sleeper Service's 25 jump Pursuit Indicator, if you download it from him, it will work, I only slightly adjusted it to match the Shiny! style, but it's really not a big deal. When I originally uploaded that he had not made the versions beyond 3 jumps yet. So I may eventually add the other extended pursuit versions, but I'm thinking it might be better if people just downloaded it just from Sleeper's page.

Thank you for trying out the mod. :D It makes me happy!
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:40 am

Excellent.
And for Sleeper Service's 25 jump Pursuit Indicator, if you download it from him, it will work, I only slightly adjusted it to match the Shiny! style, but it's really not a big deal.

Well, as with everything, can you put up some sceenshots for comparison, to let people see what exactly have changed?

May I also suggest that you put up a 'definitive' mod version in a single mod file (much like Scooterbaga did) and kept separate components for people who prefer modular installs? It isn't hard to combine them yourself, but I think people who try the mod are more often than not interested in trying out all of its content, and it is easier to manage a single mod file than 3+ of them. I suppose the number might grow as the mod develops further.

Unless you yourself prefer playing without fleet shields and/or pursuit indicator.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:30 am

Nevill wrote:Excellent.
And for Sleeper Service's 25 jump Pursuit Indicator, if you download it from him, it will work, I only slightly adjusted it to match the Shiny! style, but it's really not a big deal.

Well, as with everything, can you put up some sceenshots for comparison, to let people see what exactly have changed?

May I also suggest that you put up a 'definitive' mod version in a single mod file (much like Scooterbaga did) and kept separate components for people who prefer modular installs? It isn't hard to combine them yourself, but I think people who try the mod are more often than not interested in trying out all of its content, and it is easier to manage a single mod file than 3+ of them. I suppose the number might grow as the mod develops further.

Unless you yourself prefer playing without fleet shields and/or pursuit indicator.

Yeah, I put up screenshots for everything else (and those still need to be updated actually :roll:), but I didn't for that yet because it is such a simple small addition, but I guess I should update some screenshots for that too. Sorry, I'm always super busy... :?

Well the "definitive" version of the mod is just the CE and Vanilla main files. The only thing that isn't included is, like you pointed out, the fleet shields and the pursuit indicator. Personally, I prefer to play without the pursuit indicator because I like to guess whether I'll have enough jumps or not :twisted: and that's not even something I are, it's Skeeper's, so that's more like a compatibility patch. Just like the Crew Portraits patches. And I like the idea of the Fleet Shields, but it's kind of an "experiment" right now. I didn't want to include it without first getting some more feedback from people saying they like it, but you seem to like it so that's good. :)

I've been doing my best to keep this as modular as possible and I try to keep the download links to a minimum, but as I noticed more and more issues and more and more compatibility problems I ended up having to taint the page with all those messy links... Luckily CE and other mods haven't made any big changes in a while, since I haven't had time to update this lately. Anyway, I haven't even been confident enough to call this 1.0 yet if you noticed :lol:, I still have stuff I want to add. When I release 1.0 I will be %100 satisfied with it enough to call it complete, and hopefully then it will not need to be updated until maybe Captains Edition or another mod does something to break it. When I finally release 1.0 I'll definitely clean up the OP and make it all professional like. :geek:
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v0.99

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:01 am

Hey Everyone!!! Time for a really big update including some changes I have been wanting to make for a while.

Apart from the smaller fixes here and there, I have incorporated all of scooterbaga's replacers now (including the BPAB ones which will take effect if you load this mod after BPAB), sanmonku's suns from BPAB, and the Background Fleet Shields add-on. (I finally got the transparency right so that the shields were visible, but not distracting).

By far the change I am most happy about though is the realignment of ALL the terminals on every ship to line up with crew. In vanilla some terminals were not placed correctly, so crew ended up pushing invisible buttons in the air. In addition, some crew like Rockmen were just covering the terminal completely. I believe now all of those issues have been fixed. All of the races have also had their yellow outline given a slight transparency, it will still be clearly visible, but not as bright and distracting as in vanilla, so your crew will stand out more.

However, these changes do mean you will have to re-download the Detailed Crew Portraits patches if you were using those previously.

Anyway, I hope you like the new update. As always please post if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism, or if you notice any problems. Thanks!

v0.99
-Changes to several of the ship's room images and layouts; moved consoles and objects out of doors, etc.
-Realligned ALL consoles to correctly line up with crew
-Crew color (the yellow outline) given slight transparency
-ALL of scooterbaga's replacers now included
-Suns from BPAB now included, also fixed a small issue with the animation of suns from BPAB
-Integrated Background Fleet Shields add-on
-Support for the new CE Hangar Screen
-Small changes to the Fed Artillery animations
-Several other small fixes

(Patch) Shiny! Ship Greebles for Vanilla and CE added
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Alright! I've got some time to look at the changes and, with hopeful permission, integrate the realignments into the 'kit. I'm seriously impressed with the work, man. However, when I put in the room realignments, I noticed that the glows on all the Piloting rooms were all completely misaligned. I've managed to punch that back into order on my side, just letting you know that it might be affecting the source mod as well.

And now, I try to see if I can do anything to fix this misaligned greebles thing.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Alright! I've got some time to look at the changes and, with hopeful permission, integrate the realignments into the 'kit. I'm seriously impressed with the work, man. However, when I put in the room realignments, I noticed that the glows on all the Piloting rooms were all completely misaligned. I've managed to punch that back into order on my side, just letting you know that it might be affecting the source mod as well.

And now, I try to see if I can do anything to fix this misaligned greebles thing.

You can of course implement the changes into the kit! The piloting room glow error is probably due to the fact that the piloting glows look really weird on my computer for some reason. :? It only shows the top half of the glows, and only for the piloting rooms, I'll look at what you've done and fix that ASAP. Thanks.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:23 am

Another minor update featuring some "polish" from slowy's sM "polish" kit. The piloting room terminal glows have been fixed and all of the new greebles have been realigned for both CE and vanilla.
Thanks again slowy for taking the time to fix these things. ;)

v0.991
-Fixed the alignment of glows on piloting room terminals

(Patch) Shiny! Ship Greebles for Vanilla and CE v2.0
-Realignment of all ship greebles to better match each other and the ships' hull images
KoolTheKid

Re: Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v0.991

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:19 pm

This mod doesn't work with the newest version of Ship Greeble Graphics mod
I installed the patch that's supposed to fix it, but it does not work at all with the newest version 0.94, which was released a couple of hours ago.
Last edited by KoolTheKid on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.