[SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
olteonz

This ship is OP

Postby olteonz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 pm

It looks great, has cool looking weapons, but its op as hell. i want to ask you some things.
1.could you remove cloaking at start?
2.could you remove the crystal vengence?
3.could you make the pierceing laser need more time to charge? its like straight upragde to burst mk 2
4.and finaly, could you nerf the black hole weapon a bit in creating hull breaches or system damage or reduce hull damage to 0? i know its like a black hole, but its op as hell.
OVERALL - please nerf this ship, i want to play it but i feel like i am cheating when playing with this ship D:
op- overpowered, in case someone didnt know
Kenshkrix

Re: This ship is OP

Postby Kenshkrix » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 pm

olteonz wrote:It looks great, has cool looking weapons, but its op as hell. i want to ask you some things.
1.could you remove cloaking at start?
2.could you remove the crystal vengence?
3.could you make the pierceing laser need more time to charge? its like straight upragde to burst mk 2
4.and finaly, could you nerf the black hole weapon a bit in creating hull breaches or system damage or reduce hull damage to 0? i know its like a black hole, but its op as hell.
OVERALL - please nerf this ship, i want to play it but i feel like i am cheating when playing with this ship D:
op- overpowered, in case someone didnt know

For massively OP try using S Projector and Glaive Beam with an antiship drone, and 2 beam drones Plus weapon pre-igniter. You can crush every single enemy in the entire game (including rebel flagship) in less than 30 seconds (Unless your first bomb misses).
olteonz

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.2

Postby olteonz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 am

i have tried and tested some stuff, thats what i have done -

<blueprintList name="OBSIDIAN_WEAPONS">
<name>KRS_GRAVBOMB</name>
</blueprintList>

<!-- Singularity Projector -->
<!-- "Black Hole Gun" -->
<weaponBlueprint name="KRS_GRAVBOMB">
<type>BOMB</type>
<title>Singularity Projector</title>
<short>S.Proj</short>
<locked>1</locked>
<desc>A weapon of advanced design. Creates a miniature black-hole within its target.</desc>
<tooltip>Creates a black hole at the target point. Causes massive damage to systems and personnel. High chance of hull breach.</tooltip>
<damage>1</damage>
<sysDamage>3</sysDamage>
<persDamage>3</persDamage>
<missiles>0</missiles>
<shots>1</shots>
<sp>0</sp>
<fireChance>0</fireChance>
<breachChance>10</breachChance>
<cooldown>20</cooldown>
<power>4</power>
<cost>120</cost>
<bp>4</bp>
<rarity>0</rarity>
<image>krs_gravbombPTL</image>
<explosion>krs_gravbombFX</explosion>
<launchSounds>
<sound>krs_gravfire</sound>
</launchSounds>
<hitShipSounds>
<sound>krs_gravboom</sound>
</hitShipSounds>
<weaponArt>krs_gravwep</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="KRS_DISRUPTOR_1">
<type>LASER</type>
<title>Pulse Disruptor I</title>
<short>P.Disrupt I</short>
<desc>A heavy energy weapon that fires multiple shots. Minimal shield-piercing ability</desc>
<tooltip>Pierces 1 shield; Fires 3 lasers, 1 damage each. </tooltip>
<damage>1</damage>
<shots>2</shots>
<sp>1</sp>
<fireChance>0</fireChance>
<breachChance>1</breachChance>
<cooldown>17</cooldown>
<power>3</power>
<cost>120</cost>
<bp>7</bp>
<rarity>0</rarity>
<image>laser_light2</image>
<launchSounds>
<sound>lightLaser1</sound>
<sound>lightLaser2</sound>
<sound>lightLaser3</sound>
</launchSounds>
<hitShipSounds>
<sound>hitHull2</sound>
<sound>hitHull3</sound>
</hitShipSounds>
<hitShieldSounds>
<sound>hitShield1</sound>
<sound>hitShield2</sound>
<sound>hitShield3</sound>
</hitShieldSounds>
<missSounds>
<sound>miss</sound>
</missSounds>
<weaponArt>krs_disruptor_1</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<!-- ENGI SHIP -->
<!-- LAYOUT = ALT -->
<!-- SHIP ID = ???? -->
<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE_2" layout="circle_cruiser_2" img="circle_cruiser_2">
<class>Obsidian Cruiser</class>
<name>Retribution</name>
<unlock>To unlock this Engi ship you'll need to get to the 5th sector.</unlock>
<desc>No one knows who created this intimidating vessel, but it's bound to make the Rebels think twice about taking you on!</desc>
<systemList>
<pilot power="1" room="9" start="true" img="room_pilot_KRS"/>
<doors power="1" room="2" start="true" img="room_doors_6"/>
<sensors power="1" room="5" start="true" img="room_sensors_3"/>
<oxygen power="1" room="0" start="true" img="room_oxygen_5"/>
<engines power="1" room="1" start="true" img="room_engines_2"/>
<shields power="2" room="8" start="true" img="room_shields_7">
<slot>
<direction>up</direction>
<number>1</number>
</slot>
</shields>
<weapons power="3" room="15" start="true" img="room_weapons_5">
<slot>
<direction>right</direction>
<number>1</number>
</slot>
</weapons>
<drones power="2" room="10" start="false" img="room_drones_3"/>
<medbay power="1" room="11" start="true"/>
<teleporter power="1" room="13" start="false"/>
<cloaking power="1" room="3" start="true" img="room_cloaking"/>
</systemList>
<weaponSlots>4</weaponSlots>
<droneSlots>3</droneSlots>
<weaponList count="2" missiles="0">
<weapon name="KRS_GRAVBOMB"/>
<weapon name="KRS_DISRUPTOR_1"/>
</weaponList>
<aug name="CRYSTAL_SHARDS"/>
<health amount="30"/>
<maxPower amount ="9"/>
<crewCount amount = "1" class="crystal"/>
<crewCount amount = "1" class="engi"/>
<crewCount amount = "1" class="rock"/>
<shieldImage>circle_cruiser_2</shieldImage>
<cloakImage>circle_cruiser_2</cloakImage>
</shipBlueprint>
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:39 am

You're welcome to tweak the ship for your own personal use, but I will not support "re-release" aftermarket mod tweaks to my own work. The only thing I plan on changing is swapping Crystal Vengeance for a different augment (I did some digging around and found one more suited to the ship's profile). I've considered dropping the starting energy back down to 8 (currently at 9, most ships only have 8 and some have less), but otherwise everything is as I intend it to stay.

And since I haven't posted here in a while... no, I haven't forgotten about the interior sprites, I just suck at them so it takes forever to get something I like. Cloaking room is mostly done.
mattimao

Postby mattimao » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Hey Kieve!
Glad to see you are still working on this. Truth be told I think other than the Crystal V. augment, the ship is great.
Keep the power as it is. The ship is a little overpowered, but... that is good! FTL can be a brutal game and every little bit helps. ;)
Speaking of overpowered, my suggestion for an augment... Weapon Pre-Igniter! :D :lol:

On a side note,
You should make a stealth Obsidian fighter. That would be so cool!
Marioking9

Postby Marioking9 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 am

Anyone complaining about it being OP: Its a mod, don't download it, or edit the XML files yourself to change it a bit.

Anyway, this mod is absolutely freaking amazing.
VoidInsanity

Postby VoidInsanity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:58 am

Since this ship is meant to be more offensive, a simple change would be making it proc on attacks and not on being attacked. Example, every time you destroy a system fire the "lockdowm" weapon at the room (same as the crystal guys passive" but make the crystals the same colour as the ship.

Also the black hole gun is OP as hell. Atm it costs no ammo, bypasses shields, causes a breach, instantly destroys systems and nearly kills crew. Personally if it going to be that strong you should have it like the federation artillery beam, a very long cooldown weapon of mass destruction that can be upgraded. Starting with it at that power level is too much, nothing can beat you.
gamagamer64

Postby gamagamer64 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:40 pm

for some reson the dowload isnt working for me could you posibly make another download?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:56 am

VoidInsanity wrote:Since this ship is meant to be more offensive, a simple change would be making it proc on attacks and not on being attacked. Example, every time you destroy a system fire the "lockdowm" weapon at the room (same as the crystal guys passive" but make the crystals the same colour as the ship.

If I understand what you're suggesting (making crystal vengeance trigger whenever the ship fires a weapon) that would be ridiculously overpowered and also impossible to implement right now. There is likewise no way for me to trigger Lockdown on a hit unless using (and probably modifying) the original Lockdown Bomb weapon, something that would also push this ship into "Completely Overpowered" territory - as it stands, the Projector may be a heavy hitter but the long charge time balances it out pretty well, IMO. I'll look into it further, since I'm not totally tone-deaf to complaints of OP'ness, but I have found in my own games (Normal, for those wondering) that depending on the SP to open / win a fight is dicey at best, and suicide at worst.

Also, Crystal Vengeance is irrelevant since I've already replaced it for v1.3 (whenever I get around to finishing it).

@gamagamer64: Try this for now
https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJa ... R1B2WnRVag
Packed in .RAR form, unzip the .FTL file to your mods folder and it should all work fine.
VoidInsanity

Postby VoidInsanity » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Kieve wrote:I'll look into it further, since I'm not totally tone-deaf to complaints of OP'ness, but I have found in my own games (Normal, for those wondering) that depending on the SP to open / win a fight is dicey at best, and suicide at worst.

Its overpowered because you simply time the cloak to dodge the first volley of shots while the weapon is charging then target their weapons with it. After that they are sitting ducks since they have to fix the breach and the weapons to even attack you back. Rinse and repeat until they die, slowly but surely with no missile or drone cost. You will not take any damage at all ever unless the first attack misses, and even then you can still upgrade shields first since you do not need to save for new weapons to keep up with other ships. This weapon scales too well because it bypasses everything and instantly destroys it, not even the artillery beam is this strong.