[SHIP] Firefly & Reaver Firefly /w custom art (AE) UPDATED

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: [SHIP] Firefly & Reaver Firefly /w custom art (AE) UPDAT

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:08 pm

The Type B "Reaverized" Serenity looks very nice. Exactly like I would have thought. I can't wait to see the Firefly 1 as the Type C! :)

"I'm a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar." :cry:
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:The Type B "Reaverized" Serenity looks very nice. Exactly like I would have thought. I can't wait to see the Firefly 1 as the Type C! :)

Thank you very much, I was actually very self-conscious about the way I had made the "Reaverization", as I kinda wanted it to resemble the pirate ships more, but that just made it look extensively painted compared to the original.

I think I will take some time before I make the Type C, as it requires more art changes and I'm working on two mods which were mainly for myself, but I'm now considering releasing.

I was and am working on a Space Invader ship, and a Playable version of the boss Rebel Flagship, whereof I don't know if the latter has already been made, but I suspect it.

I just thought it would be fun to have two Flagships battle each other.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 am

MaeniAck wrote:I was and am working on a Space Invader ship, and a Playable version of the boss Rebel Flagship, whereof I don't know if the latter has already been made, but I suspect it.

I just thought it would be fun to have two Flagships battle each other.

There are quite a few Rebel Flagship's out there, but I'm not sure if any of them still work with AE. I'm looking forward to what you release in the future. :)

I think making the reaverized flagship more like the vanilla pirate ships would have made it fell less like Firefly somehow.

BTW, I recently released my own UI and graphic overhaul mod which I named "Shiny!" ;) It has nothing to do with Firefly though. :roll:
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:There are quite a few Rebel Flagship's out there, but I'm not sure if any of them still work with AE. I'm looking forward to what you release in the future. :)

I think making the reaverized flagship more like the vanilla pirate ships would have made it fell less like Firefly somehow.

BTW, I recently released my own UI and graphic overhaul mod which I named "Shiny!" ;) It has nothing to do with Firefly though. :roll:

That's what I thought :D, but as I didn't find one to try I just made it myself, as it's fairly quick when all the files for it are there.

That was exactly the thing that happened when I first tried to make a pirate Firefly, it just seemed out of place.

I've seen your mod, and it's very nice work, I do not play with it myself as I like to keep everything as traditional as possible. Though I know people have improved ship art, and GUI and so on, I just like the original style.
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 am

After some search for the Firefly series 2 ship, I finally found it, along with a bunch of other ships. This is a fantastic Image of the ships in the Firefly universe explained through "Atlas of the 'Verse: Volume 1", though my plans are still to do the Firefly-class series 1.

Also this youtube link made me realise how close I got to the paintjob on a new firefly class ship:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqfcIdbFavs#t=72
Though now I'm considering adding the last red painted areas, which I probably wont, as it's that would move a bit away from what we see in the show.
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:22 am

Everyday life has started again, but I did have the time recently to get the sprite art done for the third type of the Firefly.

Suggestions to what you would wanna see on this vessel is welcomed.
I myself is thinking about trying to do something with Ion boarding drones.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:07 am

I love your work on Type B, and Type C looks awesome!
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 am

Just gave Type A a spin, and it's glorious. Your really managed to craft a unique experience here!

Oh yeah, guess who died first? Wash T.T
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 pm

CoryStarkiller wrote:I love your work on Type B, and Type C looks awesome!

Dirka wrote:Just gave Type A a spin, and it's glorious. Your really managed to craft a unique experience here!

Thanks guys!

Dirka wrote:Oh yeah, guess who died first? Wash T.T

It can't keep happening!
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:25 pm

... and again.

On a different note: I'm still on the Serenity and bought first MC and then Hack. The scrap went away, the system vanished from the shop, but it never showed on my ship. Do you have any idea whether this could have been caused by the mod or a general bug?

I have the sneaking suspicion it's caused by Mal's curse, i.e. things don't go smooth. :lol:

Edit: There's definitely something iffy going on, I went back to the store, bought a clone bay - same deal.