[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job (Download available!)

Postby stargateprovider » Mon May 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Buying powerupgrade from a sludge ship doesnt work.

There might be a really small chance that it won't work, but I have checked several times and so far it has worked every time.

RAD-82 wrote:
NarnKar wrote:Since this mod is functional now, should this thread be moved to Working Mods?

Only if stargateprovider asks for it to be moved. Just because something is functional or available for download doesn't mean it has to be in Working Mods.

Who should I ask when I want to move the thread?
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm

stargateprovider wrote:Who should I ask when I want to move the thread?

A moderator, like Kieve or Sleeper Service, since they are usually around here.

I feel like I haven't seen UltraMantis for some time.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed May 20, 2015 3:49 am

Done. It's rare that you'll need to PM me - I usually just skim "unread posts," since it's more reliable than the mod control panel.
I SEE EVERYTHING :shock:

And yeah, Mantis has been conspicuously absent these days. :? I hope those slave-trading psychic pseudopods didn't get him.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Wed May 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks.
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu May 21, 2015 11:03 am

Soooooo... how's the progress on this mod doing? I still see it being a WIP but it's in the working mods section now :)

I've been on and off lately.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am

Nice mod!
But I think the end game is a little bit lackluster. After 45 jumps the Rebels just come and murder you. Granted you can battle flagship, but it doesnt win you the game. Maybe it should just pop a "you win" screen and then blow your ship up.

You maybe could use the secret sector to simulate the "Beat flagship" phase, where you get another 45 jumps until the rebels come again.

When I thought about a mod as this I figured that maybe you need a "lvl-Augment" so to speak. Something that determents how good your enemies will be. Could also be done by shield/weapon level.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 12:01 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Nice mod!
But I think the end game is a little bit lackluster. After 45 jumps the Rebels just come and murder you. Granted you can battle flagship, but it doesnt win you the game. Maybe it should just pop a "you win" screen and then blow your ship up.

I thought it already did. Or was that the pre-release version? Why was that removed?

You maybe could use the secret sector to simulate the "Beat flagship" phase, where you get another 45 jumps until the rebels come again.

And then it can be used again! Holy crap! Instead of facing the Flagship at the end, you face a "Boss" upon defeating allows the station to move. Thus creating:

Stations Job Endless! Do it! Do it! Do it!

When I thought about a mod as this I figured that maybe you need a "lvl-Augment" so to speak. Something that determents how good your enemies will be. Could also be done by shield/weapon level.

I think the enemies got tougher over time regardless. Or at least that's what I thought kept happening as I'd get some systems built in to face 1-layer shield ships only to face 2 layers... so I prepare some more and 3-layer ships appear...
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu May 21, 2015 12:16 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:Nice mod!

I thought it already did. Or was that the pre-release version? Why was that removed?

And then it can be used again! Holy crap! Instead of facing the Flagship at the end, you face a "Boss" upon defeating allows the station to move. Thus creating:

Stations Job Endless! Do it! Do it! Do it!

The "boss" would always be the Rebel Flagship. It can't be changed, because when the fleet arrives, it always triggers the Rebel and Flagship events.
How about a special choice for the end? It means you'll get to continue in freeplay mode after beating the Flagship if You want to.
Image Image
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 7:19 pm

stargateprovider wrote:
The "boss" would always be the Rebel Flagship. It can't be changed, because when the fleet arrives, it always triggers the Rebel and Flagship events.
How about a special choice for the end? It means you'll get to continue in freeplay mode after beating the Flagship if You want to.

Exactly. And then you're warped to a Crystal Sector (labelled as another Federation sector) to continue the game.

But why make it "You've defeated the boss, want to try freeplay?"
Maybe it should be "You've defeated the boss. Want to try again with the current ship?"

Then you get sent to another sector and have to prepare for another 45 jumps. Just like an old arcade game - you keep the ship and the battle... doesn't really ramp up in difficulty. :)
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Fri May 22, 2015 12:29 am

Thought I would report a bug... I tried to allow my crew to fix a passing engi ship after it said it was an empty beacon. Then my game crashed! :lol: