[SHIP] The Moke & Firestarter (3.0, for AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
OneRedBlock

Re: [SHIP] The Moke & Firestarter (2.0)

Postby OneRedBlock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 am

TaxiService wrote: Snip!

Ah, thanks. I just cheated and unlocked the Fed cruiser with magic / save editing - the Moke and the Firestarter are great ships, really well made.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 am

congratulations Taxi, your first mod got the attention of a really really popular ftl player.
have a cookie. (that and yaaaaay, Vanguard of Valor made a new ftl video! :D )
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:44 pm

I know right? A link to it can now be found in the OP. : ) He's a way better player than I am, it's interesting to see how he deals with harsh situations, especially when he's using my ship, lol!

@OneRedBlock:
I'm really glad you like 'em! : ) I am considering adding the Firestarter to the Kestrel-replacing pack too. I am not sure if that'd be of any help at all, though. I should probably add links to SMM and the save editor in the OP. Anyway thanks for letting me know that the link didn't work! Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:49 pm

You could add it to the pack, but the problem with that is that you pretty much can't play as the traditional Federation Cruiser while the mod is installed, as the new graphics and behaviour of the Artillery Gun will make things.. peculiar, to say the least. I know it's only a minor thing, but it's still something I try to refrain from doing.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Exactly. You'd see the artillery gun i made stuck to the Fed Cruiser vertically (or horizontally in respect to the ship), which doesn't make any sense!

I *guess* i could modify the fed cruisers too so that at least the gun shows up correctly, but i'd rather not do that. Users could always edit their savegames to temporarily unlock the ships! : )
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Forgot to mention this in the previous post, but for the Firestarter, the third weapon slot currently overlaps the second. It's not a big deal, but I doubt that was how it was supposed to be. :P
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:28 am

Holy ballsack of Jove, no. That was not intended at all. Thanks for pointing that out!

I just released an update that fixes that issue and also some insignificant pixels being wrong on some gibs. Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

Anyway the idea was to have only two weapons on the B layout anyway. : \ I don't know where to put the third one, it looks so stupid over there.

EDIT: Edited OP saying that Cloaking doesn't appear while using the Fed-replacing version of the mod.
I am terribly sorry, I didn't know that this would happen.
Please use the Kestrel-replacing version if you plan on using cloak. I have to find some way to make everything work as intended. Image

EDIT2: Again, i pushed a fix for that.
Basically the Moke now replaces the Kestrel, and Firestarter replaces the Fed Cruiser. This is the only way to have cloaking appear to the moke while having Firestarter work correctly. Thanks for your patience.
DragonMaster2962

Re: [SHIP] The Moke & Firestarter (2.2)

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:46 am

i find it kinda odd the the Firestarter dosent have any fire starting weapons, maybe add some?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:14 am

it does, the modified artillery
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nAxOddL ... e=youtu.be

liked the Firestarter's Artillery Laser, but I would have made it so it could pierce all shields and have a 100 percent chance to start a fire (without any damage to the hull) but thats my opinion
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269