[SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
irons77
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm

[SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Postby irons77 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Hello there
Got inspired by MOO2 a little and decided to make my own guardian :)
I used data from Vanilla and Captain's edition and spliced them together a little
My thanks to maker of this great mod and ships I taken artwork from

Story:
Originally the last guardian of Rock home planet
After a fierce battle, Rockmen defended their home, but the price was high
The Ancient Guardian has fallen to federation forces
Almost destroyed, it was repaired and is ready to wreak havoc once more
This time in federation colours

Crystal Guardian has Crystal vengeance augment, Crystal burst I and Boosterless boarding drone


Image

And download link:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c0ba688a

Hope you'll like and enjoy :)
Last edited by irons77 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Rock & Crystal Guardian

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Didn't try them but they look great.

The Rock Guardian doesn't look rock at all, and it isn't the paintjob. I think you should make a series of mods with that similar style as to the 'rock guardian' Maybe make up your own faction that's FTL lore friendly. just tossing some ideas.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
agigabyte
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 am

Re: [SHIP] Rock & Crystal Guardian

Postby agigabyte » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Didn't try them but they look great.

The Rock Guardian doesn't look rock at all, and it isn't the paintjob. I think you should make a series of mods with that similar style as to the 'rock guardian' Maybe make up your own faction that's FTL lore friendly. just tossing some ideas.


They look mantis-ish.
irons77
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: [SHIP] Rock & Crystal Guardian

Postby irons77 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeah you are right
That certainly is not a genuine rock look
Im going to think about some different story for that one :)
Thanks for suggestion
Removing the rock one for now
Be back soon :)
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Rock & Crystal Guardian

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 am

agigabyte wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Didn't try them but they look great.

The Rock Guardian doesn't look rock at all, and it isn't the paintjob. I think you should make a series of mods with that similar style as to the 'rock guardian' Maybe make up your own faction that's FTL lore friendly. just tossing some ideas.


They look mantis-ish.


I studied all ships extensively, and it looks no where near mantis.

It doesn't fall under any ship hull designs or is similar, and it doesn't have the signature mantis designs and such.
It also doesn't even have the popular engine model they use and it's way to complicated to be built by Mantis, if it's by engi slaves then I doubt that to, they will not build anything so good (didn't try it yet but it looks pretty bad ass) for them.

The ship design looks to fall more under Engi/ Federation (Zoltan + Engi + Human) or Humans (another made up faction) If human they need signature strips.


The Engi make there ships to extreme efficiency, they favour drones etc. BUT they do not discriminate other designs, they also made a ship build for stealth (Stealth cruiser) and it looks nothing like there common "Donut" design. It is possible they made this ship with a similar thing, extreme efficiency for ____ purpose.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Know
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: [SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Postby Know » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:03 am

Edit: a warning to potential downloaders that at the download page, you should uncheck the box that says "use our download manager and get recommended downloads", or else you will be accosted with adware.
Last edited by Know on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kieve
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Low Orbit
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Postby Kieve » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:05 am

Know wrote:*snip*


It does not come "packaged" with an installer. Below the download button, there is a checkbox (which is on, by default) that says "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads."
It's a very poor choice of file host, I grant you, but if you don't pay attention to what you're downloading and installing, it's your own doing and not the mod author's.
Know
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: [SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Postby Know » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:51 am

Kieve wrote:It does not come "packaged" with an installer. Below the download button, there is a checkbox (which is on, by default) that says "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads."
It's a very poor choice of file host, I grant you, but if you don't pay attention to what you're downloading and installing, it's your own doing and not the mod author's.


I guess I shouldn't have rushed through things. Thanks for the clarification, I'll amend my statement.
English Narwhal
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Location: High Orbit

Re: [SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 am

This ship is... cool, to say the least.
Image
Pruntyisawesome
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: [SHIP] Crystal Guardian

Postby Pruntyisawesome » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 pm

God, this is BADASS design! Did you draw it yourself? It looks like it was one of the originals! Can you give me some advices of making anything looking a bit like this?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests