[Ship] Constrictor

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Liquidcool24

[Ship] Constrictor

Postby Liquidcool24 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Weapons are overated, here are some drones! :D

This ship replaces the Engi B. Starts with two Engi. This ship cannot install weapons so Do not buy weapons control! It makes up for that by having 4 drone slots and comes with 6 drone control power. Ship layout is also a bit horrible, being one long corridor (Always keep someone next to your O2, cause they LOVE to attack that.)

Downloads:V1.0https://mega.co.nz/#!LU93kabA!DxWpHjOiidXT6nLa0nekG2mBVK5m9nuC29L9YOcGYFg (original)
V1.1https://mega.co.nz/#!2E8XBYrS!HPk3bxac7XAiEL8ws6henxhPwbENTAAxIHEdwO5ZlUc
(improved visual)
Last edited by Liquidcool24 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: [Ship] Constrictor

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:27 am

Nice looking ship! Does it come with a Drone Recovery Arm? I've found 2 offensive drones early in the game can tear through most any ship VERY quickly if you time 'em right.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Liquidcool24

Postby Liquidcool24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 am

5thHorseman wrote:Nice looking ship! Does it come with a Drone Recovery Arm? I've found 2 offensive drones early in the game can tear through most any ship VERY quickly if you time 'em right.

Nice looking? Thought it looked quite terrible compared to every other ship in the game.
And yeah, it does come with a drone recovery arm, hence why it only starts with a couple drones.
Last edited by Liquidcool24 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 am

Liquidcool24 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:Nice looking ship! Does it come with a Drone Recovery Arm? I've found 2 offensive drones early in the game can tear through most any ship VERY quickly if you time 'em right.

Nice looking? Thought it looked quite terrible compared to every other ship in the game.
And yeah, it does come with a scrap recovery arm, hence why it only starts with a couple drones.

If you feel up for it, you should try to make the ship more Engi-ish.

Also, DRONE recovery arm.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 am

Liquidcool24 wrote:Nice looking? Thought it looked quite terrible compared to every other ship in the game.

Well first off, I'm speaking from a player's perspective. It looks good to me if it looks unique, interesting, and fun to play. Check, check, and check on those!

Secondly, you do yourself a disservice. It looks clean and consistent with the game's style, although strangely shaped.

Which just makes it more intriguing.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Liquidcool24

Postby Liquidcool24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:52 pm

agigabyte wrote:Also, DRONE recovery arm.

My bad.

5thHorseman wrote:
Well first off, I'm speaking from a player's perspective. It looks good to me if it looks unique, interesting, and fun to play. Check, check, and check on those!

Secondly, you do yourself a disservice. It looks clean and consistent with the game's style, although strangely shaped.

Which just makes it more intriguing.

Well, my problem with it is that its too clean. The game's usual ships look like they are made of many parts, but mine looks it was cut from a giant brick of iron. Maybe I'm being too hard hard on myself, but it's probably because of how long it took to produce it.

Btw, has anyone played it yet? Any feed back?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Liquidcool24 wrote:Well, my problem with it is that its too clean. The game's usual ships look like they are made of many parts, but mine looks it was cut from a giant brick of iron. Maybe I'm being too hard hard on myself, but it's probably because of how long it took to produce it.

The problem you're seeing is in the hull outline. While you've added surface details to break up the texture of it, the outer edges are mostly just one continuous line. More protrusions, indents, and "clearly separated" parts would help to break that up and give it a proper Engi look. It's not bad as is, mind you. :)
Overlaps and shadows will help break up the "continuous" feel of it as well.
EDIT:
Also, are the green lines meant to be paint, or some kind of TRON-esque glow striping? If the latter, I'd suggest making them thinner and adding a pale glow around the edges, to make it look more like a light source.
Liquidcool24

Postby Liquidcool24 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 am

Kieve wrote:The problem you're seeing is in the hull outline. While you've added surface details to break up the texture of it, the outer edges are mostly just one continuous line. More protrusions, indents, and "clearly separated" parts would help to break that up and give it a proper Engi look. It's not bad as is, mind you. :)
Overlaps and shadows will help break up the "continuous" feel of it as well.
EDIT:
Also, are the green lines meant to be paint, or some kind of TRON-esque glow striping? If the latter, I'd suggest making them thinner and adding a pale glow around the edges, to make it look more like a light source.

Thanks for the advice, I posted a new version with the improved visual (which you can now see in the top's picture).
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:59 am

Nice.