[MOD] Crystal Apparition

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
madhatter

[MOD] Crystal Apparition

Postby madhatter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:32 am

The Apparition is an ancient crystal ship that replaces the Bravais

While the apparition can deal with drones, it cannot destroy them.
right-click and save-as to download

Here are the two alternate versions:

One that starts with an ion blast mark 2, a drone recovery arm and the crystal vengeange augment, thanks to Bren Tenkage

and another one with a 1-man teleporter and cheaper crystal drones (so they sell for less scrap), thanks to Pandatron76

I might still have to play a bit with the balance, so please post any and all constructive criticism.

Have fun!
Last edited by madhatter on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD] Crystal Apparition

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:40 am

that ship looks... so beautiful, I will try it ASAP.

Are you gonna make a type B? I can do the recolour if you want.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
oilfire30

Postby oilfire30 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 am

people should make more crystal-ship mods like this, ima try it out now.
Nicholas Cage... because why not
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm

That is one sweet whip hull. I can't even tell if you made it from scratch or spliced it, because it fits the original style perfectly. I guess it's actually made from scratch?
madhatter

Postby madhatter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for the replies :)

R4V3-0N: I have no plans for making a type B. Feel free to recolour it and the type B yourself if you want.
oilfire30: Thanks, have fun playing the ship.
Sleeper Service: I'm not nearly good enough of an artist to have made this thing from scratch, I just copied and pasted bits from the crystal ships until I ended up with this.

On a slightly different note, the apparition seems a bit OP at the moment, so I will play around with the starting load-out a bit at the moment I'm leaning towards buffing the crystal drone a bit, giving you 15 instead of 5 drone parts and removing the Drone Recovery Arm and the teleporter from the starting loadout. I'd love to hear/read your thoughts about it.
ImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Okay I will go make a type B.

How about making the weapons room start and level 1?
I have noticed the ship seemed OP, and 2 ion blasts alone can take down any shields, let alone ion+ ion heavy.

Edit: Please stick around on the forums and make more mods, this is promising for a first mod (on your current account technically... not sure if you did some in the past because this looks good)

And also can you change the default name to something 'crystally', not demanding it, but it will keep it with the theme they have in game of names.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I have created the type B. I changed the class to "Crystal Interceptor" because it looks like what I would picture one to be (in terms of looks, the firepower part and speed isn't there, but oh well).

Improved / added more gibs.

The type b's name is themed of crystals, same as the crystal cruisers from in game are themed on.

Made a new weapon (I got the idea for it before the drone by the way, I thought your drown shot shards before I did a test play with it)

And lastly it is themed to the crystal cruiser type B room layout and also has similar equipment to start, minus the door system and cloaking which can be purchased at store.

Should I upload it here or on a new thread?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
madhatter

Postby madhatter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:48 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I have created the type B. Should I upload it here or on a new thread?

It is a seperate mod made by another person, I think it deserves its own thread ;)

The Apparition is my second ship, the rock sunstrike was my first attempt at modding.
ImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:11 pm

I love you.

Btw you know that balanced version of your ship Sun strike?.... um, yea, you made a fire boarding ship, without the boarding. Just so you know.

Anyway you sure do post not so often for only 2 mods, then again I post to much. I only released 2 ships and 1 WIP and look at me, I'm at bloody 200 posts in what? 2 weeks?

anywho, okay I'll post it on another thread.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 am

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19507&p=60127#p60127

here's the link to the type B, just incase if anyone was expecting it to be here.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.