[SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
aaaaaa50

Re: [SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:04 pm

5thHorseman wrote:I wonder if that's because you can't buy oxygen so the store knows you don't have all systems, but won't sell you that last one. I doubt there's anything I can do about that except make it able to be bought. I wonder if I could make it cost 0 scrap and let you buy it without installing it, and if it would then count as being owned.

Hmmmm.

The ship's gonna need a rework when AE comes out, so maybe I'll fiddle a bit.

I've bought systems for ships that don't have the system show up. Sometimes it's worth it to make stores stop having the system upgrade window. Changing the cost to zero for systems that a ship doesn't have would be a nice solution. (I'd do it myself for relevant mods if I could be bothered to remember the idea.)Though with AE making some changes to how systems work, this may not be an issue for all we know.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 pm

I was bored, so I went through the .append files and updated them with SMM's advanced XML tags. All of the events are edited now, rather than overwritten. I don't really know what purpose that would serve, since this mod uses ghosts, which are incompatible with the most common event-changing mod, CE, due to AI avatars. If someone does choose to use this ship with CE, despite the ghost/AI avatar incompatibility, then this would at least help them maintain CE choices at empty beacons.

Following the previous discussion of having stores sell useless oxygen and door systems for 0 scrap, I've also got that covered. I haven't tested it, but I was under the impression that doesn't actually stop future stores from trying to sell the system again. I don't know where I got that idea, so someone should verify if this actually works. aaaaaa50, from the previous post, seems to think it works.

These are replacement files, not patch-over files. Anybody who feels like using them has to open up the original Rigger.ftl file and swap these files in.

edit: After my test, I'm adding files to re-remove the systems, so it is like the original mod.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:31 pm

It does work. In normal FTL, when you purchase all systems then stores no longer sell systems. (Great when you're looking for equipment that's not a ship system.) When a modder excludes systems form a ship FTL doesn't quite recognize this and will keep giving you the option to purchase the missing ship systems even though they won't show up if you put down the scrap for them. I know ship modders often make excluded systems have a rarity of zero but while that keeps the systems excluded from showing up at stores the system purchase part of a store will keep showing up even if it is empty. However, when a modder hasn't made that change, you can purchase all systems (even if they don't show up on your ship) and after doing so FTL will stop having shops replacing half their inventory with a system section.

I, uh, kinda don't have time to edit that because reasons, and I think I rambled somehow in my attempt to type out it so fast, so if it's confusing I'll make a better explanation later.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:50 pm

I think you said the same thing twice, aaaaaa50 but you got your point across :)

And thanks rad-82, I'll look over those changes when AE comes out, or perhaps sooner though I never seem to have time :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:59 pm

aaaaaa50 wrote:It does work.

I just ran a test. It does not work. Stores kept selling me the systems. Even after I bought the real systems that I could use, stores kept selling me the systems I couldn't use. Buying a system which has no room does not prevent a future store from trying to sell it.

edit: Using this rigger mod, I edited the empty beacons to also give me resources, the map, and stores for the test.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:01 am

RAD-82 wrote:
aaaaaa50 wrote:It does work.

I just ran a test. It does not work. Stores kept selling me the systems. Even after I bought the real systems that I could use, stores kept selling me the systems I couldn't use. Buying a system which has no room does not prevent a future store from trying to sell it.

edit: Using this rigger mod, I edited the empty beacons to also give me resources, the map, and stores for the test.

Ok, uh, let me try that again: When the blueprint for a system is set to zero and you've bought all systems you can stores will still replace half of their available stuff with the space for buying systems even though that space will be empty. The only way to get shops to not have the system section is to buy all systems, even the ones that a mod ship might not have. It's my opinion that instead of setting the blueprint to zero for systems that a modship excludes, the price for those systems should just be set to zero. Note that I know all this because most of the time modders don't set a system's blueprint to zero and I've found it to be more worthwhile in the long run to buy even sstems that odn't show up so that stores will sell me more stuff in the future.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:41 am

aaaaaa50 wrote:Ok, uh, let me try that again: ...

Try what again? It seems you misunderstood my test. The rarity of the oxygen and doors was left at the vanilla value of 1. I set the price of the doors and oxygen to zero, as you are suggesting to do, and bought multiple copies of them. They continue to show up. I provided evidence that...
aaaaaa50 wrote:I've found it to be more worthwhile in the long run to buy even sstems that odn't show up so that stores will sell me more stuff in the future.
...is incorrect.

RAD-82 wrote:Buying a system which has no room does not prevent a future store from trying to sell it.

edit: Just watched that new AE footage, and stores have a second page. This doesn't really appear to be a valid issue for AE. :)
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:51 pm

RAD-82 wrote:Buying a system which has no room does not prevent a future store from trying to sell it.

That has absolutely never happened to me. Either it's a bug with setting the cost to zero or it's something that wasn't around in whatever previous version of FTL I was using.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Got to try this out earlier today. My was this a fun little ship to run around in! Early-game was actually kind of hard, but it got a lot of fun once the wheels wound into motion. Even got the end of the run captured for the interest of some.
Sypher667

Postby Sypher667 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Any chance we'll see this updated to allow the new systems? Or possible Lanius crew members...