[SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Thunderr

Re: [SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Postby Thunderr » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm

I love the idea. This would be great total conversion mod, have you ever thought about that?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Thunderr wrote:I love the idea. This would be great total conversion mod, have you ever thought about that?

Thank you! Other than modifying all "get crew" events and changing some texts, no I haven't. I lose interest quickly so something much bigger than what I've done is unlikely.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello, i played this mod on a stream recently. I did not do it justice and played horribly, but on the flipside i played really horribly. Great mod, glad i finally played it. :D
Black Opal vs UltraMantis 3-0 | http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/3152848
(the Bruitages Enhanced sound FX mod was also patched it)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
legocreeper2001

Postby legocreeper2001 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:57 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Well thought out idea and sweet design. Maybe part of this whole curse ghost stuff is that fed friendlies do not recognize your ghastly condition and are draw to their own suffocation death as well for letting you down in the first please. Modifying all crew giving events or even the entire reactions to your ship would be a huge job.

Do you have a Rebel colour version of the ship as well? Does it fit the enemy window?

Why not add this to FTL: Captains Edition 8-)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:35 am

not every ship should be in FTL: Captains Edition :lol:

And the engine isn't really lore friendly (so to say) on this ship either sadly.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm

ClockALock wrote:The end of a very successful run.
No, ClockALock didn't write that. ClockALock just posted the image. Why you lie, forum?

My first playthrough wasn't that successful, but I did win. :)
Breach missiles are mean; one-hit KO on ghosts. I lost my shield- and weapon-proficient ghosts near the end. :(

Only game changing mod I had installed was my enemy weapons mod with altered cooldowns. Hard to say if that benefited me or hurt me; perhaps why I called it Unpredictable. Also had another mod installed, as should be visible in my screenshot.

I had a difficult time at the start, and needed to dump my slicer beam for a burst laser early on. :(
I was down to three hull at one point.
I had three non-ghosts on my ship.
-The first was a human, but the medbay got hit and he couldn't fix it fast enough.
-The second was an Engi. He had a level 2 medbay, but it wasn't enough to save him from a boarding drone.
-The last was a Rock. He only left the medbay on phase one of the boss to teleport into the missile bay.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 am

You remind me when I played an Oxygenless automated Vortex on sMPK and got a Zoltan on an event. I already filled the ship with ghosts with the AI Avatar Generator augment, so I just kept the ZOltan in the medbay, for events. Best thing is that he didn't borrow any power from the ship to stay alive, so I allowed him to stay. He was good at singing.

CE's dedicated anti-crew lasers can be a ghost's nightmare though, and three of them can even OHK a zoltan.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 am

The first version of this mod had no medbay, but then I realized the nanobots (which is what the cursed stasis pod is) won't work without one.

The second version of this used the "no room" trick to make the medbay inaccessible, but I found that it could still take damage if it wasn't covered by another room, and I just can't stand how the low O2 stripes look when you do that kind of thing.

So your 3 non-ghosts can thank game mechanics and aesthetics for their chance to live at all! :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 pm

You could make it a no-room (encased) AND put it so far away that it doesn't appear on-screen. And since when you jump the rooms are not shown, you don't have to worry about that either.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:You could make it a no-room (encased) AND put it so far away that it doesn't appear on-screen. And since when you jump the rooms are not shown, you don't have to worry about that either.

If it's not covered by another room, though, then it's targetable. What's worse than an unreachable room causing you to not heal? An invisible unreachable room causing you to not heal.

If I cover it by another room that may work, but then someone could teleport into there. However, they'd just end up dying. Hmmm.

Or, I could cover it with another 0x0 room. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe the Black Opal will get a revamp when Advanced Edition comes out.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB