FTL Remastered

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sark

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby Sark » Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 pm

This mod is excellent, the game looks so much better it's ridiculous. I wish Subset Games would have hired you to make the graphics.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon May 12, 2014 5:12 am

Sark wrote:This mod is excellent, the game looks so much better it's ridiculous. I wish Subset Games would have hired you to make the graphics.

They didn't want detail in there mod. Did you ever learned the history of the kestrel?...

Image http://i.imgur.com/czwFhnL.jpg

The kestrel and rooms on the left is the original kestrel
one on the right was the new kestrel.

It was still considered to detailed (those warning stripes) and so that was removed. etc
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Wow i never knew that. I like the detailed kestrel :cry: *sigh* I guess will have to wait for the next version of Remastered to release, that combined with CE will make a god-like experience for FTL :twisted:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 9:01 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Wow i never knew that. I like the detailed kestrel :cry: *sigh* I guess will have to wait for the next version of Remastered to release, that combined with CE will make a god-like experience for FTL :twisted:

Other people have been doing some stuff based on Remastered in Phlakes's stead. So hopefully when he comes back he can start where he left off rather than having to re-do stuff for AE. ;)

For example, here is an awesome re-do of some AE weapons from the "Previews from the impatient thread".
PrinceStolos wrote: Here, have an unfinished sheet of weapons converted into Remastered style:

And here is my own work on the UI. With help from slowriderxcorps I was able to update the UI even past what Remastered did. I've gotten everything %100 working with AE, though I've added a few personal changes too. Some of the stuff like the Beacon Map though was really hard sense it's been completely redone in AE and now uses the ipad folder for god knows what reason...
Russian Rockman wrote:Image[/url]
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Wow that really looks good. Any chance you guys are planning on redoing the base ships to re-add the details that were removed? Having that old kestrel back would be pretty cool, I know it cant look just like it because it is a different style from all the other ships. I still think there are TONS of details that could be added to make the base ships look a little more unique. Take the custom "Breezecleaver" Ship that has a cut-a-way hull that allows you to see inside the ship and see some of the components. Thats just an example but maybe with a few more small things added it would look a bit better.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 14, 2014 4:36 am

What do you mean by 'Old kestrel'

there 3 ones, I showed you 2 "old kestrels" in the above image. There is already a mod that does 1 thing and I am planning to do my first Super luminal 2 ship as the oldest (highly detailed) one.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Phlakes

Postby Phlakes » Tue May 20, 2014 5:28 am

Let me just say first that it's amazing that people have taken this into their own hands, I expected like 10 downloads and a "cool" when I started this mod so I was honestly really surprised to see people actually excited about it. So sorry for going off the grid for months, college and work and my own projects (shameless plug) took up literally all of my time.

Now that it's summer and I've had time to recover (i.e. only work 80% of the time) it's probably about time to get this back on track. I've gotten a few offers for help, so I'm looking into forming a team that can make things happen on a regular basis, and might be enough to get it finished in a reasonable amount of time. There's not really much else to say at the moment, I'll keep you all posted on where it goes from here, and thanks for the support.
ImageImage
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:46 am

Thanks for the update. Hopefully will see new version sometime soon. This and CE are my two favorite mods.
1i1strnj

Postby 1i1strnj » Sat May 24, 2014 2:50 pm

When I looked at some of the textures you have made,I admit I squealed a bit.It was absolutely DELICIOUS! :D
I cannot wait until its finished or close to finished!
splette

Postby splette » Sun May 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks for the update and for not abandoning this project!
Really looking forward to the next release.

(I think what would be great for a start is to release a version that is compatible with the Advanced Edition - even if it's not complete.)