FTL Remastered

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 am

splette wrote:Thanks for the update and for not abandoning this project!
Really looking forward to the next release.

(I think what would be great for a start is to release a version that is compatible with the Advanced Edition - even if it's not complete.)


@Phlakes. Remember I might be able to help you with a few of the UI things for AE when your ready. I am thinking of releasing my own UI mod that is "based"/inspired by yours, but not exactly yours. While you were gone I've done a lot of new stuff myself and changed several things. I hope you are ok with that?

When I upload that it will hopefully give you a "template" to redo all of the UI stuff in the Remastered style, make it AE compatible and expand on what you've already done. ;)
splette
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:37 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby splette » Mon May 26, 2014 7:53 pm

I would also like to offer my help. I'm no good with pixel graphics but I could help with the UI. Btw, which Font did you use in the remastered version?

@Rockman Did you already adapt the new sector map to phlakes-style? If not, I would have a go at it.

One other thing I would love to change in AE are the two "Man Station" buttons. They look kind of clunky in my opinion.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 8:01 pm

splette wrote:I would also like to offer my help. I'm no good with pixel graphics but I could help with the UI. Btw, which Font did you use in the remastered version?

@Rockman Did you already adapt the new sector map to phlakes-style? If not, I would have a go at it.

One other thing I would love to change in AE are the two "Man Station" buttons. They look kind of clunky in my opinion.


I have already done the sector map! :D It was a total pain in the ass, they way it is generated now is so weird and it uses the ipad folder! Whhhhyyyyy!!! I even made some high resolution versions of the backgrounds for the sector map. :mrgreen:

I have not touched any of the AE icons so go ahead and have a go at that. ;) I would like to see those get done.

That's why I offer my services for UI stuff wherever helpful. I would like Phlakes to focus on new stuff rather than adapting the mod for AE.
splette
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:37 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby splette » Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I have already done the sector map! :D It was a total pain in the ass, they way it is generated now is so weird and it uses the ipad folder! Whhhhyyyyy!!! I even made some high resolution versions of the backgrounds for the sector map. :mrgreen:

Great! Yes I saw it's in a different folder and way more complicated than before.


Russian Rockman wrote:I have not touched any of the AE icons so go ahead and have a go at that. ;) I would like to see those get done.

To be consistent I would have to know which font Phlakes used. (It's not any of the original FTL fonts as far as I saw) But I would be happy to take care of that once I know.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 27, 2014 9:14 am

splette wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:I have not touched any of the AE icons so go ahead and have a go at that. ;) I would like to see those get done.

To be consistent I would have to know which font Phlakes used. (It's not any of the original FTL fonts as far as I saw) But I would be happy to take care of that once I know.


I re-did the "ENTIRE" UI before AE came out too, but I created my own font for it. What I think Phlakes did is just soften the edges of some of the vanilla letters. I don't think he created a whole new font. That means Stat Screen, Customization Screen, even tutorial.

For my font I tried to keep it as close to vanilla as possible. For example, I didn't like Phlakes' Ns. And I tried to make all the letters more similar in size so that it would look more futuristic.

You can see the font I used on the last couple pages of this thread. I have 4 different sizes of the font to fit any purpose. If Phlakes likes it you can just use that font. :) What do you think about it?
seven
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:08 am

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby seven » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:23 am

What kind of help are you looking for?

Do you have an idea of when the next release will be? Looking forward to this, I love quality pixel art. <3
TheInnocentOne
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:43 am

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby TheInnocentOne » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello. I just stumbled across your mod, and I must say, it looks fantastic! :D Really great work! It seems to have a bit of a bug for me though. For some reason, there are extra copies of the interior layout of each ship just kind of sitting off to the right/down from where the actual interior is. It's really a shame, because the work you've done is beautiful. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem or if its just me. Also, I thought it might be due to a conflict between mods, so I turned all of the other mods off and the problem persisted, so I'm pretty sure it isnt due to a mod conflict.

Pics: http://imgur.com/6pPVuSa,H87H7nu,YhY0NOt#0
Phlakes
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby Phlakes » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 am

TheInnocentOne wrote:snip


That might be another Advanced Edition issue. I've gotten Russian Rockman's build and I'll be doing what I can to get an AE compatible version of the mod out soon.
ImageImage
mr8bitwaffles
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:47 am

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby mr8bitwaffles » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 pm

VERY nice, I especially like the weapons. Keep it up, no matter how long it takes I can't wait to play the full release :D
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:36 pm

mr8bitwaffles wrote:VERY nice, I especially like the weapons. Keep it up, no matter how long it takes I can't wait to play the full release :D



:roll: I don't really want to steal Phalke's thunder, but for anybody who just can't wait for a new version of FTL Remastered I made a Complete UI Overhaul in the Remastered style while also adding a lot of my own graphical improvements and those from several others.

Unlike the current Remastered version this mod is completely AE Compatible. I sent Phlakes everything I had worked on over a month ago it seems... But I'm not sure if he is even working on this still.

SOOOO.... If you want a Remastered-esque graphical mod check out my mod here:
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25839
It might be what you're looking for.

NOTE: This mod does not include Phlakes weapons, drones, or ship reskins. Only his UI and some various other graphical improvements. However, if he gave me the OK I would gladly make a compatibility patch to include those as well. ;)

All credit goes to Phlakes for being the first to attempt a graphical mod so grand.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests