[Mod] [WIP] Auto-Cruiser-RFS Basilisk and FFS Hydra

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ClockALock

Re: [Mod] [WIP] Auto-Cruiser-RFS Basilisk and FFS Hydra

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Kieve wrote:
ClockALock wrote:*sigh* Oh well. There go my grand plans. I'll just have to mess with things a bit.
On another note, this is seriously the nicest place on the internet I've ever been on, and I want your (and anyone else's) honest opinion. From what I've planned, is this a good idea that I should pursue? I'm going away for the weekend, and I'm wondering whether I should keep working on this or start smaller.

You've put actual thought and reasoning into the design. You've created something original, and near as I can tell you've at least given some thought to how to balance it, and create it properly in-game.
Hell yes you should continue.

Generally a "beginner's ship mod" ends up being an overpowered Kestrel with stupid amounts of power and ridiculous "I win" weapons. What you have here is already leaps and bounds ahead of the game, so please, keep going. I look forward to seeing what you develop when you really get up to speed.

Thanks, that means a lot. I will definitely continue this. Right now I'm working on the NXA-PC-17, but I had to mess with the design slightly.
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 pm

New update at the top of the page.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:04 pm

ClockALock wrote:New update at the top of the page.

I like when people update the first post, if their "I updated the first post" post has that info in it. It keeps those of us who are on the thread from having to go back and figure out what was added :)

Regarding the drones... You have more than 0 "Drone Slots," correct? You can't define more drones than you have slots. If it's not that I've never seen this before. I'd have to see the ftl file.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:45 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
ClockALock wrote:New update at the top of the page.

I like when people update the first post, if their "I updated the first post" post has that info in it. It keeps those of us who are on the thread from having to go back and figure out what was added :)

Regarding the drones... You have more than 0 "Drone Slots," correct? You can't define more drones than you have slots. If it's not that I've never seen this before. I'd have to see the ftl file.

The editor says "Drone Slots 2" then "Drone Count" and the box to change the drone count is grayed out.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:39 am

ClockALock wrote:The editor says "Drone Slots 2" then "Drone Count" and the box to change the drone count is grayed out.

Very odd. That shouldn't be happening...

Though maybe I disabled the count spinners in preparation to make the editor handle the count automatically, and then forgot to follow through with the idea... I'll check tomorrow.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:57 am

Sorry about the lack of work on this project, school has really taken a lot out of me. I'll try to do more in the future.
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Another update, thank you for visiting.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:12 pm

I have moved the thread to Working Mods. I'm not sure if that's the right or wrong thing to do at this stage. Let me know if you're happy with it, or if you'd rather create new threads yourself.

Generally, if a mod can be downloaded and played it should be there as it's going to find more exposure. You may edit your OP in the future to your liking, or start new threads. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:07 pm

UltraMantis wrote:I have moved the thread to Working Mods. I'm not sure if that's the right or wrong thing to do at this stage. Let me know if you're happy with it, or if you'd rather create new threads yourself.

Generally, if a mod can be downloaded and played it should be there as it's going to find more exposure. You may edit your OP in the future to your liking, or start new threads. :)

I'm fine with that, thank you. I left it here because I just get annoyed at people who post stuff in working mods when it's not a working mod, and I figured a half-colored image (which I still need to replace with the finished one) and no custom weapons yet didn't qualify. But if it does, then by all means you may move my topic.