Zoltan carrier

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Madhax

Re: Zoltan carrier

Postby Madhax » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm messing about with the new version (haven't played the old version), and, while I like the design of a drone-centric zoltan ship, I'm not finding any challenge playing this ship. It's just too powerful, even with the removal of the Zoltan shield. I managed to get a Beam Drone mk 1 in sector 1, and now at the end of sector 2 with two shield layers I'm feeling endgame-ready.

You could lop off entire limbs of this ship and still have a powerful setup. Starting with something like no shield system (or 1/2 shield, like default Zoltan B) and only 1 engine layer would balance this out a lot. And what is the justification for starting with such powerful doors, sensors, o2, and medbay?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Madhax wrote:I'm messing about with the new version (haven't played the old version), and, while I like the design of a drone-centric zoltan ship, I'm not finding any challenge playing this ship. It's just too powerful, even with the removal of the Zoltan shield. I managed to get a Beam Drone mk 1 in sector 1, and now at the end of sector 2 with two shield layers I'm feeling endgame-ready.

You could lop off entire limbs of this ship and still have a powerful setup. Starting with something like no shield system (or 1/2 shield, like default Zoltan B) and only 1 engine layer would balance this out a lot. And what is the justification for starting with such powerful doors, sensors, o2, and medbay?

I will decrease power, and right now the balancing is the fact that fires are evil when they get through. :)
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Bump. So, my idea for a mod never worked out but on the upside I have made a ship that I could not beat a sector 1 pirate with.

(In the OP)