Need a FF(F) mod for scrap.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Waldo Reed

Need a FF(F) mod for scrap.

Postby Waldo Reed » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:41 pm

I remember hacking my player files for games. Using a hex editor and FF or FFFF would max out attributes, skills, and money. Whether it's done that way anymore or not, I'd like a mod to have unlimited scrap. I've tried the few beginner mods but they don't provide enough scrap. Thanks for your help!
kartoFlane

Re: Need a FF(F) mod for scrap.

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 am

Well, I think that trainers in general stink, so instead I'll point you to Vhati's Profile/Savegame Editor - it allows you to accomplish most, if not all, of the things you're asking for. That said, it works by modifying the savegame and profile files, which means you can't use it while FTL is running.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 am

If you wish to get infa scrap we will not help you, go and destroy the game somewhere else.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:25 am

@Starfire
*shrug* to each their own. I don't like it either, but there is no need for outright hostility.
And if it's the only thing you have to add to a topic, then you really shouldn't be posting it.
Waldo Reed

Postby Waldo Reed » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:55 am

Starfire wrote:If you wish to get infa scrap we will not help you, go and destroy the game somewhere else.
Who is this pompous clown! Not very bright when the site he considers himself to be a part of, even allows tools he objects too.
Waldo Reed

Postby Waldo Reed » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:56 am

kartoFlane wrote:I'll point you to Vhati's Profile/Savegame Editor - it allows you to accomplish most, if not all, of the things you're asking for. That said, it works by modifying the savegame and profile files, which means you can't use it while FTL is running.
Thank You Sir!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:26 am

Given that it would be a very simple mod to make i'm not sure that the idea needs to be shot down, and there's no need to not keep things friendly.

Probably the reason such a mod doesnt exist is because it is almost useless. The ship wont start with everything but anything you want can be yours as soon as you see it in a store. And of course you can upgrade the ship right away. There would be 0 challenge and it would not be interesting to play. It would be usefull for trying things out, but it would probably make the game seem even more difficult without this bonus.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
DatRandomPanda

Postby DatRandomPanda » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Starfire wrote:If you wish to get infa scrap we will not help you, go and destroy the game somewhere else.

Look it's not just him. Sometimes I just want infinite scrap, Ya know?
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 am

It's a single player, offline, with no online leaderboard, and with no online achievements. It really doesn't matter how others want to play their game. It's like saying that there is a problem with using a game genie/game shark/action replay on console games.

I have never played FTL without the CE mod and graphic replacement mods, and I have no interest in trying the vanilla game. I even used the profile editor to unlock all the ships for myself, because the extra difficulty that CE added has prevented me from unlocking many ships on my own.

It is no different than just using one of the many over-powered ship mods. I am sure there are vanilla purists who have a problem with that also.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 am

*sigh* Can you people please stop necroing over a year old thread...?