FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
enoxides

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.283/Inf 1.28/EL 1.282

Postby enoxides » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 am

DJMAGaming wrote:
stylesrj wrote:
DJMAGaming wrote:I hope someone will answer... I'm new to modding, and I've been trying to get this to work for 4 days now. I've read everything on the first page, and tried the solutions. I've re-ordered the mods on the SMM list, I've re-downloaded FTL and SMM several times. I can get it to launch with the weird CE image and it never progresses. I've done everything. And each time I start it with the mods, I do the "verify Integrity" thing and I'm always missing 2 files and have to re-download them again. Someone, help... I just wanna play CE :cry:

Did you delete the backups that SMM creates?
Because you'll want to make sure the backup files are of vanilla FTL so when you upload a mod, it goes back to your backup, then compiles CE into your game.
I remember not doing that at one point so every time I restarted the game, the Rebel Fleet would be delayed by 10000 jumps and I had features from A Strange New Galaxy.

Also, after you patched CE into the game, don't go to Steam and verify the game cache integrity. That removes the mods you just put in!

Just tried doing that, and it still doesnt load it up... Just goes to the loading screen with the weird CE icon, and then an error pops up saying it took to long to load :/ at this rate i'll never play CE :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey DJMAGaming this has nothing to do with this topic but I was hoping to get a fresh link for your custom Federation Medical Cruiser because all of yours are broken, same with the original. I hope you see this message in time.
Gidoza

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Gidoza » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 pm

Would I be able to hopefully appropriately suggest that as long as the Flagship Randomizer is included as an option in this package, that the 26-Flagships Add-On should be as well, as located here?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32545

The 26 Flagships are intended to be an upgrade on the Flagship Randomizer, all custom-designed for balance so you can get the random without flakiness. It was also designed with Captain's Edition in mind, though it can work with anything. I offer it as a pretty solid suggestion to go with this.

Cheers,
-Gidoza
azeazezar

Postby azeazezar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Found a small bug with the weapon modifiers: Supercharged fire beam does not in fact pierce shield, while the discription clearly states it should.
atlaspaw

Postby atlaspaw » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am

Hello, I'm having a problem with the endless loot texture pack addon. I can load everything properly following the order in the wiki and the forums, and everything is installed properly by SMM, but when i get to loading the game it takes a very long time on the loading screen (the new CE one) but crashes with a Mingw assertion failed error and the message:
Assertion failed
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp

Line: 1388

I tried reinstalling FTL, reinstalling SMM, removing ftl.dat from the backup folder in SMM and everything i could find on the internet including using the 4Gb patch, but nothing worked. I can run the game with CE only and CE and endless loot without textures but it crashes whenever i load the texture pack. Any idea how to fix this or a version of endless loot without the texture pack and normal textures?