FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chronosplit

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby Chronosplit » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:14 am

About the BPaB compatibility patch. Would it happen to work with other background/planet mods? I was wondering specifically about Hi-Res Backgrounds and Planets.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 am

Chronosplit wrote:About the BPaB compatibility patch. Would it happen to work with other background/planet mods? I was wondering specifically about Hi-Res Backgrounds and Planets.

almost. one line in it refers to an image that only exists in BPaB...

...so I compiled a patch that fixes this (I don't know why I didn't release this already :roll:). being 1.6 MB in size rather than 1 KB, the patch also includes two PDS warning images with rounder techmoons, to fit the style they have in HRBaP (the planets are part of the background, not separate images). I had to personally smooth out one of them because it has a techmoon not found in HRBaP (couldn't replace it, otherwise the warnings look off. I just had to do a bit of layering to get the other one going since it does have a replacement).

Click here for Mediafire Download Link

let me know if it doesn't work :)
Chronosplit

Postby Chronosplit » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks a whole lot, I'm testing it now!

EDIT: I've got nothing to report, looks like things are working like a charm here. Going through Industrial sectors and Nebulas are easier for OSX machines this way too, because you have no need of the nebula fix with this set.
saxyomega90125

Postby saxyomega90125 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:51 am

I have a question, but a quick bug report first: the Slug Pleasure-Cruiser is missing the 'r' at the end of the class name, and the ship model is shifted up and to the left of where it's supposed to be (curiously the floor layout and shield model are correct).

Question:
Is there a mod that removes the changes to the Flagship and resets it to vanilla?
I just got to the end of my first run in CE, and I've absolutely loved it... until the last 15 minutes. I can forgive it for all of the many other, non-gameplay problems I've found, but I don't know if I can mentally handle yet another game doing this, when the fix is so simple as removing one part of a mod.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:19 am

saxyomega90125 wrote:the Slug Pleasure-Cruiser is missing the 'r' at the end of the class name

I think that's on purpose. it's less a cruiser and more a cruise liner.

saxyomega90125 wrote:Is there a mod that removes the changes to the Flagship and resets it to vanilla?

yes, I believe inside the sM Polish Kit viewtopic.php?t=17187 there is a module that reverts the flagship to its Vanilla form. I'm not entirely certain if this is compatible with CE but sounds like it is, especially since it can be used with CR (essentially same events as CE).

saxyomega90125 wrote:I just got to the end of my first run in CE, and I've absolutely loved it... until the last 15 minutes. I can forgive it for all of the many other, non-gameplay problems I've found, but I don't know if I can mentally handle yet another game doing this, when the fix is so simple as removing one part of a mod.

the CE flagship is brutal, but its challenge over vanilla is what brings me back every single time. The central artilleries are connected to the rest of the ship like on hard, removing the cheese that is leaving the laser dude alive. Its Beam and Laser Artilleries are upgraded, the Beam essentially turning into a Flail from a Halberd, and the Laser doing twice as much damage. I'm not sure if you got to phase 3, but something there makes it even harder than phase 3 already is.

all these changes make for quite the challenge, but for some quite possibly too much so, with the regular flagship already being enough challenge.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:49 am

How about this flagship? :D
Image Image Image
xCloneECKO

Postby xCloneECKO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:43 pm

Someone PLEASE help me fix what I'm doing wrong. I have SMM, latest version of Java runtime and whenever I download the files for captain's edition, instead of getting a .ftl file to extract into the mods folder I get a bunch of other files like audio, data, fonts, etc. and I don't know what to do with these. How do I actually activate the mod with SMM, or am I doing something entirely wrong?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:54 am

xCloneECKO wrote:instead of getting a .ftl file to extract into the mods folder I get a bunch of other files like audio, data, fonts, etc. and I don't know what to do with these.

the download file is a .ftl file, which you just place into the mods folder of SMM. it sounds like your browser or whatever is extracting the download file (.ftl files are compressed zip folders in disguise).

if you can see file extensions, select all those folders and send them to a compressed zipped folder, and rename this newly zipped folder to have a .ftl extension instead of .zip. place this into the mods folder of SMM. Alternatively, you can do the step below if you want, but it isn't necessary (can be helpful though!).

if you can't see file extensions, select all those folders and send them to a compressed zipped folder. place this newly zipped folder into the mods folder of SMM. when you boot up SMM, go to File -> Preferences, and checkmark "allow_zip". if you wanna be able to see file extensions that's a separate matter you can find how to do online.

xCloneECKO wrote:How do I actually activate the mod with SMM, or am I doing something entirely wrong?

have a look at an official tutorial of how to use SMM here, https://subsetgames.com/ftl_mods.html . they use Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics as their example.

----

as an ending note, make sure you have both the CE Resource Pack and the FTL: Captain's Edition mods. running the data without the resources will make everything look weird, and CE won't run without the data.
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 pm

FearTheBlaziken wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:
Gidoza wrote:Question - When saying "Deal!" to the Pirate mission about going and killing an enemy leader - when killing that enemy leader, the reward event never triggers - I only ever get a really wimpy reward that makes the whole thing not worth the while. Is there something missing in the quest data?
I'll look into that.

I actually found the problem behind this, there are two versions of "C_SHIP_PIRATE_CRUISER_QUEST_LORD" in "events_ships.xml.append", the one on Line 5559 should be the one that adds the event after destroying/crew-culling the Purple Tentacles Flagship, however the version on Line 5679 overwrites this ship tag, and doesn't have the aftermath quest events added on it, all you need to do is remove the duplicate.

Ah, cool - thanks!
Offlithium

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.23/Inf 1.23/EL 1.23

Postby Offlithium » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:43 am

FortunaDraken wrote:It's a CE event that you can come across in Rebel sectors or anywhere the Rebels have taken over a becon, I believe. It's an alternate way to unlock the Federation Cruiser, I've run into it a few times and got the quest pop-up notif. It's a fun version of the default event.

I know this post is really old, but I did that event and it didn't give me the fed cruiser... the fed cruiser which I was *trying* to unlock...