FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ahmedoo

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.295/Inf 1.28/EL 1.294

Postby ahmedoo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
ahmedoo wrote:My proposition for equalizing chances for each race and each ship (you can change this as you want):
Most of this amounts to giving more free stuff to every ship. Not sure why this would be necessary.
Like I said that was only proposition. There two ways of balancing: give smth to those which are weak or nerf someone who is too strong (pirates, deal breakers). If you consider them balanced, it's up to you.

Sleeper Service wrote:
ahmedoo wrote:EDIT 1:
Just a while ago, I met a ship which disabled me one bar in my weapons bay. I couldn't mann them, that's what I already knew. But when he hit me and destroyed one bar shouldn't be destroyed the same bar which was disabled? Because I couldn't use my 3 of 4 bars left (Icould use only 2 of 4) and game showed me 3 usable bars.
Can't be fixed unfortunately, but makes sense lorewise anyways. Your targeting is being jammed, the effect doesn't go away if your weapons are damaged, it rather affects another weapon then.
That's what I fought to be honest. So my last question to this topic: isn't possible to mark somehow this destroyed bar in addition to the disabled one? (Probably hardcoded)

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Update 1.295
- Some convenience changes to weapon and crew order across several player ships (as suggested by ahmedoo)
Good to hear. Waiting for EL version :].
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.295/Inf 1.28/EL 1.294

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:25 pm

I was playing with Endless Loot and noticed that the Heavy prefix to the ion blast says it increases ion damage by 1, but instead it has regular damage increased by 1:

EDIT: if the store display isn't sufficient proof, here is a video showing that it doesn't do 2 ion damage like it should:
https://youtu.be/ELqT7Tvz924
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.295/Inf 1.28/EL 1.295

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Good catch.

CE Endless Loot 1.295 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.295 for CE Infinite
- "Heavy" prefix on ion weapons works as intended now
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:38 am

Grammar bugs:

There is a period (.) missing in the second choice at the start of the event where you can accept a mission if you still believe in the Federation:

In the "Consider some upgrades" at an empty beacon for a Zoltan ship, the Zoltan shield bypass creation option "you" should be changed to "your" ("Upgrade you ship with specialized shield tech..." --> "Upgrade your ship with...") :

JerC

Postby JerC » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello,

I got some glitches to report:

-Sunglazer Halberd Beam in EL loot doesn't benefit from the increased fire chance (probably as it doesn't do any in base), only the shield piercing.
-EL loot again, Defense Drone mk II with prefix didn't give blue option to help civilian in asteroid field
-I think it was brought up already but Subspace scanner cannot be used on 3rd phase Flagship
-If a enemy has a Heavy Charger (3 power weapon letting you save for 2 heavy shots) which finishes loading fully when it is cloaked, it will lock up and never fire in this state
-What's with the Rebel Cruiser ninja FTL'ing on the background at the Last Stand 1st beacon during your dialogue box? :shock:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:59 am

The short prefix to Unresponsive Defense Drone in Endless Loot reads "in" rather than "un":

mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Another grammar bug and something about the Crystal Vengeance augment:

In the following image, there is an apostrophe missing in "ripped broad holes into the structures", where "structures" should be changed to "structure's"; also, "it's jump field is still stable" should be changed to "its jump field..." (without the apostrophe) since it's talking about the relay's jump field:

A problem with the Crystal Vengeance augment's empty beacon blue option:

As you can see in the above images, using crystal vengeance at an empty beacon (used to determine crystal ship, since you can't get the augment from runs unless maybe in completion of the crystal quest) results in making crystal vengeance, which is fine, until you find out it doesn't stack, which then you break it down into scrap.

Now it looks like a simple conversion of 5 hull into 25 scrap net gain, but the second image seems to indicate that you are making the augment and it will work, but it doesn't and there is also the fact that it says you have no idea how it will work, even though you already have the augment.

Case in point, making Crystal Vengeance via Crystal Vengeance sounds like a good idea but it isn't. The only way this may make sense is if the event text says you are creating crystals which you will break down into scrap or something to that effect. Right now, it doesn't make any (sense).
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:10 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:[size=125][color=#BF40FF]A problem with the Crystal Vengeance augment's empty beacon blue option:

I just recently saw a video where someone built a retaliation ship using this event, so most likely you are using a mod that makes Crystal Vengeance unstackable. Can you post your mod order?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:33 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Can you post your mod order?

Code: Select all

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.295
FTL Captain's Edition v1.295
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
Additional Music Addon 1.292
EL Texture Pack 1.27
CE Endless Loot Addon for standard CE 1.295
Randtrel (CE) (player ships)

I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶;̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶d̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶
EDIT: I tried to do the same thing on infinite with endless loot and it worked and then I did the above without Randtrel and it also worked, but when I used the above it didn't work which means it is a problem with Randtrel

Adding on to that, it must mean that Randtrel redefines crystal vengeance even for CE

EDIT2: In the meantime, I've created a simple mod that makes the Crystal Vengeance augment stackable:

Click here for Mediafire Link
Zerazar

Postby Zerazar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:37 am

If I'm running EL for standard CE, do I alter the EL files or the CE files if I want to change the rarity of a lot of weapons? Will it even work? I'm not really savvy enough to figure out how EL works and how it'll impact second-hand modding.