FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:56 pm

I think it's just the flashbangs in general when they detonate with that high pitched whine.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:15 pm

CE Resource Pack 1.302
- Further reduced volume of flashbang explosions
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi, after almost a year. Like always I have for you few small things to correct:
1.I can't break truce after attacking civilian unit. I played as Slug A so for me it was important. There was no choice available to do that.
2.I'm not sure because I was clicking quite fast, but in event which I present below I didn't get any reward. I will try to repeat that, but if you want you can check if everything is OK:

Code: Select all

<text>Your Engi crewmember refuses. In a halting use of adjectives and nouns, followed by some animated holographic aids, the Engi explains the ships are... using each other to, loosely translated, "achieve a union." For some reason, this consolidation of ship matter sounds embarrassing and personal.</text>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>Continue...</text>
      <event>
         <text>You elect to leave the two Engi ships... to their "business." After questioning your Engi crewmember, however, you do manage to salvage what scrap parts you can from the perimeter, even though you feel slightly dirty for doing so.</text>
         <autoReward level="MEDIUM">stuff</autoReward>
      </event>
   </choice>

3.Blue choices in shops have wrong brackets. I found few more but only one captured:
https://zapodaj.net/2ed68adc10353.png.html
4.Standard choice order cleanup:
https://zapodaj.net/b43e9b35b4687.png.html

I noticed that there aren't any new "big" updates for some time. Did you thought about modifing socializing a bit using my suggestions? I know that they were maybe a bit OP but that could be easily changed. That would be a nice addition to your mod and a bit of freshness. :)

Do you plan to add some new ships or at least new room layout for exising ones?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 pm

I currently can't find the time to do anything else with CE than maintenance updates and even with those I've been slacking off a little. I'm considering exploring modding for Into the Breach once that is out, but right now I spend most of my time working on Hyperspace Dogfights.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I currently can't find the time to do anything else with CE than maintenance updates and even with those I've been slacking off a little. I'm considering exploring modding for Into the Breach once that is out, but right now I spend most of my time working on Hyperspace Dogfights.

Ahh, ok. I hope you will find some time and ideas someday. I'm also waiting for Into the Breach and still hope that devs will change their mind and release some update for FTL :P
EtQuiRetulliDei

Postby EtQuiRetulliDei » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Good day!

Firstly, I would like to give appreciation to a wonderful work! I just recently stumbled upon MODDING this amazing game and I was led to this well-made work. Unfortunately, I have been having trouble running the game itself. I, indeed, followed all the instructions mentioned beforehand.

The following are the mods I used and in order using the SMM :
- CE Resource Pack
- CE Captain's Edition
- CE : I Addon
- EL Texture Pack
- CE Endless Loot Addon for CE : I

I kept crashing on startup ( the loading screen ) if I check the boxes for this five mods. Sprites for different weapons popping out on the initial loading screen and crashes with the typical error I kept getting - "Runtime error" something. But, if I only use the first three mods mentioned above, I will not get any error.

I have tried a few troubleshooting, re-installing the FTL, SMM, everything. GIving FTL high priority for my RAM. Ran FTL and MOD_ADMIN as Admin. No luck. Would you be so kind to address this dilemma of a wary admirer of your work? I would really appreciate it!

Thank you very much! Godspeed!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm

You can try whether Resource Pack + Main CE works on its own and then troubleshoot from there, adding only CE Infinite afterwards. (In case you have the gog version make sure that you are running FTL Advanced Edition installed.) In case you trying to mod FTL on a very old machine that might also cause problems.
EtQuiRetulliDei

Postby EtQuiRetulliDei » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:You can try whether Resource Pack + Main CE works on its own and then troubleshoot from there, adding only CE Infinite afterwards. (In case you have the gog version make sure that you are running FTL Advanced Edition installed.) In case you trying to mod FTL on a very old machine that might also cause problems.

Good day!

As I have mentioned from my post, I have, indeed, tried troubleshooting that way. It all falls apart after putting EL Texture and EL Addon. It all works from CE Resource + Main + CEI. I am currently playing on my Macbook Air 2011 since I do not have any knowledge on assembling my own PC. Just boot camped a Windows 7 right here.

Godspeed!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am

Yeah, in that case your mashine can't handle the amount of assets that EL adds. The game wasn't really intended to load that much stuff in memory. If you already enabled more ram usage for FTL then there isn't much you can do, you'll have to play without EL or try on a better machine.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:08 am

so perhaps a suggestion for an add on

an add on that makes it so you don't have to do the begining event with fuel. Because plenty of runs have gone bad because of a lack of fuel. Just a thought.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269