FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
jep

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.073

Postby jep » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:36 pm

aaaaaa50 wrote:It says it adds extra reactor power, not engine power. Reactor is what powers all of your systems.

Ah, true. I still stand by my "sounds boring so far", though. :D
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:24 pm

This is just a minor detail, and it might differ from how the rest of ion weapons work, but... could you modify the Ion Burst series' charging animations so that the shot charges (those bars) fill up one by one? It would look cooler.
Kestrel

Postby Kestrel » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Very good mod. Small criticism: the flavor dialogue with my crew members contains grammatical and spelling errors, which kind of breaks immersion for pedants like me.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:21 am

Small thoughts on your new sector ideas:

Pirate Homeworlds: Don't think of them as Homeworlds. Instead, picture them as Pirate Hubs/Heardquarters. Could be from a mafa organization too, or even Cthulhtists (all pirate ships have a Cthulu emblem after all). Why not do an event where you fight an horde of pirates alongside a rebel ship and become friends?

AI-controlled sectors: Not sure about this one. If you want an AI-centered sector, it should be Industrial Sectors, where the only living being interactions should be centered around blue option-based events and pirates.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:21 am

More spelling changes & usage suggestions.

Re: "It turns out the former slave was a Federation ensign ..." "2) You deserve some rest ensign. We will drop you off at the next possibility." Add comma between "rest" and "ensign." Change "possibility" to "opportunity."

Re: "The mapping computer directs it's drone servant on efficient path ..." Possessive "its", not "it's." Change "path" to plural "paths."

Re: "The station you detect upon arriving at this beacon was apparently targeted by an advanced cyberattack. The crew is dead and the now autonomous operating weapon systems target you." Change "autonomous" to "autonomously."
Kestrel

Postby Kestrel » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I *think* early on I encountered a "to" where a "too" was needed, but I can't recall the exact string.

Thanks for all your hard work. This is a great mod.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:28 pm

I have a suggestion about piracy and slavery.

Most of the times, when you take to piracy your crew doesnt agree and you dont get to fight anyone. Other times, they commit suicide or desert. Only when you have Slug Gel, Mantis Pheromones or Rock Plating, they respond positively at all times. I'd like this added for all race-specific augments. For example:

(Zoltan Crew) You command a vessel of Zoltans who oathed to serve your cause until you've comleted your mission. Their morality isn't affected by any actions you take.

(Crystal Crew) You command a vessel of xenophobic Crystals who see most of the other races as hostile. They're almost thrilled to help you in piracy.

(Engi Crew) Your Engi Crewmembers have pre-programmed moralities, and aren't hesitant nor excited to destroy innocents, as long as it's an order by their captain.

PS: It appears there are no Mantis/Slug/Rock-Crew perks to prevent your crew taking actions agains't you because of slavery. I'd like these added aswell, as Rock culture most likely involves slavery, Slugs are known for their manipulation which may be used for slavery, and Mantis often slave atleast one engi for every mantis ship's crew.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm not sure if every alien race should be able to commit piracy and slavery without consequence. If anything the Zoltan should condemn your actions even more often. The Engi one does make sense. I'm pretty sure the crystal wouldn't like slavery and piracy because didn't they leave the Rock because of their violent ways? I thought the Mantis could take slaves without consequence, but if they can't they really should be able to.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:28 pm

ikeelyou300 wrote: I thought the Mantis could take slaves without consequence, but if they can't they really should be able to.

Yep, that's how it already works.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:52 pm

"The stations generator core detonates..." - should be "station's."

"You gather what you can from the wave of scrap that is send flying fast in all directions." - should be "sent."

I saw this twice, but am not sure if it was the same event or not.