FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.269/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am

I've got this crazy idea involving Slugs and Mind Control...

If the ship has a Slug, there should be an option to disrupt the enemy's Mind Control System (of course you could use it if they don't have one but that'd be silly) but there's a high risk of failure and a low risk of the Slug being killed from the mental burnout (and it's so severe that not even the Clone Bay can revive them... or maybe it can).

Now I've got this odd idea of every race having a "unique ability" that can be done before combat (or during combat when those interludes come up) that have a "high risk, low reward" kind of approach. So a Slug can disrupt Mind Control, but might die... an Engi or a Ghost could do emergency hull repairs, but might die from burning out their nanites/processors... a Zoltan could upgrade the reactor (or become reactor energy) but will be consumed in the process... etc.

I dunno what the Rocks could do... maybe tear off their bodies to make missiles while a Crystal becomes a Crystal weapon? Just small things that may give you the edge in combat but could also end a run if you're not careful.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:35 pm

stylesrj wrote:I've got this crazy idea involving Slugs and Mind Control...

If the ship has a Slug, there should be an option to disrupt the enemy's Mind Control System (of course you could use it if they don't have one but that'd be silly) but there's a high risk of failure and a low risk of the Slug being killed from the mental burnout (and it's so severe that not even the Clone Bay can revive them... or maybe it can).

Now I've got this odd idea of every race having a "unique ability" that can be done before combat (or during combat when those interludes come up) that have a "high risk, low reward" kind of approach. So a Slug can disrupt Mind Control, but might die... an Engi or a Ghost could do emergency hull repairs, but might die from burning out their nanites/processors... a Zoltan could upgrade the reactor (or become reactor energy) but will be consumed in the process... etc.

I dunno what the Rocks could do... maybe tear off their bodies to make missiles while a Crystal becomes a Crystal weapon? Just small things that may give you the edge in combat but could also end a run if you're not careful.

As a person who studied Engi "biology". One does not simply burn out a nanite...

Engi's are not really the race that'll sacrifice itself either... in fact in vanilla / lore they are known for sacrificing others to be safer....

A prime example is the Engi leading you to a trap where a rebel comes up to get you. Or how that Engi guy who leads the engi brigade asks an out dated federation cruiser to go spearhead the attack to the flagship....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:As a person who studied Engi "biology". One does not simply burn out a nanite...

Engi's are not really the race that'll sacrifice itself either... in fact in vanilla / lore they are known for sacrificing others to be safer....

A prime example is the Engi leading you to a trap where a rebel comes up to get you. Or how that Engi guy who leads the engi brigade asks an out dated federation cruiser to go spearhead the attack to the flagship....

Or the fact that it's better your ship is destroyed to remove a virus rather than destroying themselves so it doesn't spread. In fact, there was no virus. It was an incredibly bored Engi messing with you and your Lanius ate them :lol:

And hey, the Federation and the Engi Brigade (and the Zoltan, Rocks, Mantis, Crystals, Lanius, Slugs...) couldn't spare a ship to attack the Flagship. They were too busy fending off the rest of the Rebel fleet so you don't have ASBs bothering you. (Although is that possible in Phase 3 and it's only a common thing to have several Federation cruisers providing (non-existent) support?)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:46 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:As a person who studied Engi "biology". One does not simply burn out a nanite...

Or the fact that it's better your ship is destroyed to remove a virus rather than destroying themselves so it doesn't spread. In fact, there was no virus. It was an incredibly bored Engi messing with you and your Lanius ate them :lol:

And hey, the Federation and the Engi Brigade (and the Zoltan, Rocks, Mantis, Crystals, Lanius, Slugs...) couldn't spare a ship to attack the Flagship. They were too busy fending off the rest of the Rebel fleet so you don't have ASBs bothering you. (Although is that possible in Phase 3 and it's only a common thing to have several Federation cruisers providing (non-existent) support?)

The Rebels and the Engi are at a peace pacts currently.

We all know the Engi have quite a lot of ships at hand and rumors has it that they actually wanted the Rebels to get there Stealth cruiser. They wanted to sneakily side with the rebels and support them so that when the Federation dies they will be not harmed. This is only a bit of a rumor though but we do have knowledge at a list of theories around the Engi on a youtube video that the Devs actually said some things they said are very accurate.

Also of course the Mantis can't supply ships to fight the rebel flagship... because they were to busy supplying the rebels with there ships as seen in an event where the mantis ships turned out to be rebel.

Rebels have no anti personal weapons or good boarding ships. Not even the Rebel flagship can take a rebel scout unharmed. So it is very unlikely that the Mantis lost the ship to the rebels via a boarding or anti personal attack.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:The Rebels and the Engi are at a peace pacts currently.

We all know the Engi have quite a lot of ships at hand and rumors has it that they actually wanted the Rebels to get there Stealth cruiser. They wanted to sneakily side with the rebels and support them so that when the Federation dies they will be not harmed. This is only a bit of a rumor though but we do have knowledge at a list of theories around the Engi on a youtube video that the Devs actually said some things they said are very accurate.

Also of course the Mantis can't supply ships to fight the rebel flagship... because they were to busy supplying the rebels with there ships as seen in an event where the mantis ships turned out to be rebel.

Rebels have no anti personal weapons or good boarding ships. Not even the Rebel flagship can take a rebel scout unharmed. So it is very unlikely that the Mantis lost the ship to the rebels via a boarding or anti personal attack.

Umm this is about Captain's Edition, not about my Nighthawk Stealth Fighter :P
Because Rebels now have boarding ships and AP guns (I think)
Even the AI ships can sneak attack you with boarding crew in some cases.
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:42 pm

What does Advanced AI do beside be able to jump back to previous beacon i have been visit? I kept it for awhile in Endless mode but i don't find any blue event for it beside the vanilla one.
oesis

Postby oesis » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Something I've noticed is that anti crew lasers go through the zoltan shield. Is this intentional?

Also the beacon kit that lets you delay the rebels at every empty beacon is extremely OP. It's only 50 gold and it gives a lot of extra jumps per sector.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:36 pm

FreedomFighter wrote:What does Advanced AI do beside be able to jump back to previous beacon i have been visit? I kept it for awhile in Endless mode but i don't find any blue event for it beside the vanilla one.

It is basically an improved version of the Adv. FTL Navigation from vanilla. It gives a few blue options tih avoiding text based hazards (For example the event where you Can search through an asteroid field). It also allows you to conserve fuel when jumping to a new sector, which is pretty useful for delaying the fleet.

oesis wrote:Something I've noticed is that anti crew lasers go through the zoltan shield. Is this intentional?

Also the beacon kit that lets you delay the rebels at every empty beacon is extremely OP. It's only 50 gold and it gives a lot of extra jumps per sector.

If you read the tooltip in small text on anti-crew lasers it should say that they go theough Zoltan Shields. This is a "bug" that's been present ever since AE, but since there is no way to work around it it has become a feature. It really shouldnt be that big of a deal since Zoltan Shields are still very useful. Plasma throwers can also go through zoltan shields.

And yes, the beacon access kit is OP, I believe it got a nerf a while ago when I mentioned that. Now it has a slight failure chance. But I think the nerf Sleeper input might be bugged. I believe the augment has a failure chance in Hostile sectors, but it should have a higher failure chance in Civilian sectors and Nebula sectors and a low to none failure chance in hostile sectors. :?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:It is basically an improved version of the Adv. FTL Navigation from vanilla. It gives a few blue options tih avoiding text based hazards (For example the event where you Can search through an asteroid field). It also allows you to conserve fuel when jumping to a new sector, which is pretty useful for delaying the fleet.

Still won't use it :P

If you read the tooltip in small text on anti-crew lasers it should say that they go theough Zoltan Shields. This is a "bug" that's been present ever since AE, but since there is no way to work around it it has become a feature. It really shouldnt be that big of a deal since Zoltan Shields are still very useful. Plasma throwers can also go through zoltan shields.

It makes the Crystal B viable against Zoltan ships. Unless they've got a Medbay.
The slight breach chance also means boarding operations are a little easier for the Crystal B as well, unti lyou get a real gun.

I wasn't aware plasma guns go through the shield (unless you mean the shield is powered down because you don't need those 2 bars until 5 hits later and because of this, the plasma goes through).

And yes, the beacon access kit is OP, I believe it got a nerf a while ago when I mentioned that. Now it has a slight failure chance. But I think the nerf Sleeper input might be bugged. I believe the augment has a failure chance in Hostile sectors, but it should have a higher failure chance in Civilian sectors and Nebula sectors and a low to none failure chance in hostile sectors. :?

I'd agree with you there but some people say hostile sectors are the best places to get scrap as each fight means an opportunity while each beacon is not in a peaceful area.

------------------

I think any ship that sends a boarding team via event onto your ship should have a Bypass Module. It's rather funny to watch a team of Rebels beam aboard, being told they have a Bypass Module and then their actual boarding crew sits at the teleport because... they can't get through the shield.
I know the augments work because I've seen Mantises beam aboard my ships despite the Zoltan Shield, and it's really frustrating to have in Lanius sectors (or in those ever-present... we're gonna take the ship for ourselves events in the infinite space) that the boarders have respirators.

Or give an option to stop intruders beaming aboard with your Zoltan Shield with a good chance of failure. So it'd be like:

"We're taking your ship!"
25% chance - Zoltan Shield foils attempt!
Boarders foiled!
75% - "Hah! We have an augment for that!"
Boarders beam onboard.

Of course the Teleport Indictor is 100% effective and should be bought ASAP if you're using CE Infinite.
Speaking of those events... so the enemy ship is down and they decide to take your ship by force... why can't you loot their wreck? I think it's only sometimes they beam supplies onboard but perhaps after foiling their attempt, you can just attack their ship or the event says "You easily take out their wrecked ship and loot the remains"
I know in the solar flare event you can fight the stranded vessel (with an epic "Actually we do mind!" which made me cheer on the inside loudly)
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:01 am

Russian Rockman wrote:It is basically an improved version of the Adv. FTL Navigation from vanilla. It gives a few blue options tih avoiding text based hazards (For example the event where you Can search through an asteroid field). It also allows you to conserve fuel when jumping to a new sector, which is pretty useful for delaying the fleet.

Huh? I never notice the conserve fuel and delay rebel fleet is in effect while i am using it. Maybe i didn't notice it :S
It is cheap anyway. I might get it again to see it closely if i don't get any good augment yet. Btw, which file contain information about ship augmentation? I mean in the Caption Edition.zip. I found out about lot of event but i don't found about augmentation.