FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chopper

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 am

I have a crash to report. Every time i use a combat augment the game crashes. i have manged to fix it by turning off scramble menu and the popular weapon mods. But i would like to use all of them. I know that i am not supposed to hardly use any other mods though.

Here is my mod order list.

MLAS Assorted Weapons Pack v1.4.1
Sleepz Wepz - No Events
nono's weapon pack 1.2
Arfy's Experimental Armanents
CE Resource Pack
FTL Captains Edition
Some ships from the master mod list.
Crewless ships crash fix
SCRAMBLE_MENU
SCRAMBLE_CE
SCRAMBLE_MOREMENU
lbyrne2

Postby lbyrne2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

This IS DLC. you cant change my mind.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm

Well it's content you download for sure.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:18 pm

So any plans for an 1.6.9 update? I heard that it breaks current CE build.

I also notice some new text issues (wrong brackets, colouring):
https://zapodaj.net/03b29fc0b7df3.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/54ded96b32b55.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/e59d1abb0cc00.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/1dfc9e5f3ea0b.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/31319375ef877.png.html

Is the mod dead already? I was following updates for a long time, but I can see that there are no more plans for any new content. There is still some room for expansion probably.
Destroyer

Postby Destroyer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 am

Like the mod. However it could use a bit more event outcomes and usage of certain augments.

For example, the Zoltan Shield augment should have a 75% chance of preventing boarding (and the 25% would involve the enemy using a Zoltan Shield Bypass) (Barring any physical attempts at boarding).

Also, there should be more events where it could lead to an instant Game Over, like if an enemy ship (Most likely Rebels, pirates unable to board your ship, Rock ramships) charges it's FTL, it would FTL ram through your ship and cause an instant Game Over (Last Jedi anyone?)
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 am

Some things are "hardcoded", but even though guys from CE made awesome new things like trading, hazards, space stations, my favourite prefix randomizer etc. I agree that sometimes number of events is too small. Recently I had situation in slug sector where I got the same event three times in a row (!) and because I was playing Kestrel C, weak as hell, I agreed that very potent surrender offer three times.

Once I thought about reworking socializing. For now it is really boring. 2 or 3 option per race with slugs that have no positive outcome is really annoying. But I heard I want make the game too easy. There were some socializing events like "kamikaze mantis" sacrificing himself in battle to redeem his sins or "crazy engineer" who will improve your sensors if you show you are "worth" of his job flying throug dense asteroid field. I also wanted to make other races useful in someones events like for example: engi wants to create drone, if you have zoltan - he can energize it, if rockman - he can help making some armor, AI - he can program it etc. Of course you can have no need for drones. Someone said I want to make every crewmemeber an engineer. But those events could end with blowing up the drone project, setting something on fire, or even killing the crew. Some sort of risk is written into the game. I can think of this and do some list, and maybe post some update soon.

I saw that there are some mods still in developement: "Project Coallition" totally different from CE, "Arsenal". Maybe some guys would be eager to "take" CE under their wings and develop further if current developer is busy with his new projects? It's sad that the best mod developed for years is now dead and didn't get any updated for 1.6.8 and 1.6.9.

Do you know people who play CE and would like to contact with Sleeper and develope further the project?
KingdomKrafters wrote:
bamalf wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
Stylesrj wrote:
?
Last edited by ahmedoo on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:55 pm

For anyone interested, I made list of every possible outcome in CE SOCIALIZING part. It can help in further works.

SPOILER ALERT!:
https://www.filedropper.com/showdownloa ... zingevents
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:57 am

ahmedoo wrote:Some things are "hardcoded", but even though guys from CE made awesome new things like trading, hazards, space stations, my favourite prefix randomizer etc. I agree that sometimes number of events is too small. Recently I had situation in slug sector where I got the same event three times in a row (!) and because I was playing Kestrel C, weak as hell, I agreed that very potent surrender offer three times.

Once I thought about reworking socializing. For now it is really boring. 2 or 3 option per race with slugs that have no positive outcome is really annoying. But I heard I want make the game too easy. There were some socializing events like "kamikaze mantis" sacrificing himself in battle to redeem his sins or "crazy engineer" who will improve your sensors if you show you are "worth" of his job flying throug dense asteroid field. I also wanted to make other races useful in someones events like for example: engi wants to create drone, if you have zoltan - he can energize it, if rockman - he can help making some armor, AI - he can program it etc. Of course you can have no need for drones. Someone said I want to make every crewmemeber an engineer. But those events could end with blowing up the drone project, setting something on fire, or even killing the crew. Some sort of risk is written into the game. I can think of this and do some list, and maybe post some update soon.

I saw that there are some mods still in developement: "Project Coallition" totally different from CE, "Arsenal". Maybe some guys would be eager to "take" CE under their wings and develop further if current developer is busy with his new projects? It's sad that the best mod developed for years is now dead and didn't get any updated for 1.6.8 and 1.6.9.

Do you know people who play CE and would like to contact with Sleeper and develope further the project?
KingdomKrafters wrote:
bamalf wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
Stylesrj wrote:
?

Hi there, Ahmedoo- It's stormbringer here- founder of Project Coalition with KingdomKrafters, hi, yes, thanks for the ping- It's an... interesting offer that you've put out, right now, however, I need to point out the following about each of the people who've been mentioned-

one, Kix and I, and by extension, the rest of us on the Project Coalition Dev Team, are preeeetty busy with our own works. we've actually had a conversation with a 'professional developer' who, suffice it to say... has had his name become a group in-joke/swear word, about merging project coalition with Arsenal and CE, and to both, we've said no, since we want ours to be separate from it- think about it this way, if you're making a new painting, would you want it to just be known as an addition to the Mona Lisa? If we merged with CE, or Arsenal, or both, we'd have a hefty legacy to buck to come out in our own way, and it's hard enough doing it independently. The same goes for Bamalf- he has his own mod to get to.
That said, I'm up for working in a strictly advisory capability- content that I do will most likely be used for Project Coalition or promotional material related to said mod.

Styles RJ is a busy youtuber and streamer, and, undoubtedly, he also has other commitments too.

Thanks for your suggestion by the way, and to the rest of the community, I IMPLORE you, please, don't let all the work that went into CE go to waste- somebody out there, please, gather a team, draft a roadmap, and get crackin' boyos.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks for the reply. I am only concerned by the fact that when we have three big overhaul mods, you need to choose one of them. They are not compatible with each other. I am devoted fan of CE, but when you finish PrCo I will try it for sure. Maybe if you add prefix randomizer? When do you plan to release some kind of full version. This year?

I started working on CE Socializing part. I did small overall tweaks for crew listing and human events. I expanded few existing ones. When I do this for each race then I will publish it and start doing additions. That is what I can do.

I miss better interface for CE, more overall events, some new hazards (?), new enemies. But I suppose CE will be in this state long after your release :(

Yeah, I talked to bamalf about merging or adding more stuff to Arsenal, but he has its own vision of the mod.

Good luck with your project.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:50 pm

I am not against merging. But I do not want to do it personally. But you can do anything with arsenal stuff.
Image Image Image