FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Does waiting work independently from having piloting manned? I'm not sure... Right, so if this actually was a problem then defender ships should probably loose the ability to flee I guess. In that case nice catch. Still, people seem to get mislead a lot by the fact that you don't have piloting manned there. :D Do you still have that save? Can you try if manning piloting enables you to wait?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Does waiting work independently from having piloting manned? I'm not sure... Right, so if this actually was a problem then defender ships should probably loose the ability to flee I guess

I've been encountering out of fuel events for quite some time.
If you want to access the jump menu and then wait for activity, you have to have someone in the room. They don't have to stay there, just as long as someone is there to "press the FTL button"
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Estel wrote:
ScubaSteve3465 wrote:But what im saying is the augment SAYS its working but has NO effect. The enemy vessel only has 1 shield bubble and it says the effector worked but does nothing with the shield staying intact.

Because the enemy had 3 shield bars = 1 shield bubble + 1 buffer bar. It disabled 1 bar, so enemy lost buffer (retaining bubble). System bars != shield bubbles. 2 shield system bars = 1 shield bubble.
---

I'm +1 for giving swallow the requisition license back (in fact, it is exactly what I'm doing with my personal micro-mod for vanilla ship layouts), and I see nothing wrong with giving Bounty Hunter license to Nisos in CE's showcase (as I wills till use vanilla layouts, so I will retaing the very usefull 3-free augments slots ;) Bu, seriously talking, anyone wanting to have "perk" of no augments, can just sell it in first shop...)

OTOH, I still hope to see awesome wingmen idea implemented for fed cruiser s whole, one day ;)

/Estel

Now I think I understand. Your saying the enemy vessel had 3 shield points, the effector disrupted 1 but since the other 2 were still intact the ship was able to maintain 1 shield bubble? Gotcha... sorry about that. I didnt know enemy ships did that now, or ever did for that matter.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:58 pm

The "unreliable" prefix doesn't change mentioned radius (every shot gets to the center).

The burst laser mark III had wrong description when it says "shots per charge 1".
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:27 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Now I think I understand. Your saying... (...)

Yes, you got it right :) BTW, this is the same reason why many times - when you're not using effector - damaging shield system for 1 damage doesn't bring down a shhield bubble.

/Estel
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 am

Can you tell these enemy ships to stop trying to escape into hazard zones? I was fighting a Rock ship over a sun, then they decided "Hey that asteroid belt looks like a good place to hide!"

I decided to linger a bit after the next asteroid killed them to see what would happen. Solar flare happened without warning. So both hazards are there.

I've also encountered ships who are already over an asteroid belt and they decide to flee... into an asteroid field. So nothing actually happens.

Have to say though, the asteroid sitting over a sun background is rather pretty.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:46 am

dual hazzards can be so much fun...

in any case, I have this `error`:

I do not have any too altering mods, the usual stuff (no EL).
Shrooblord

Postby Shrooblord » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 pm

ahmedoo wrote:The "unreliable" prefix doesn't change mentioned radius (every shot gets to the center).
I noticed the same thing when it comes to laser weapons with Unreliable.
Furthermore, these lasers have incorrect targeting mechanics. The reticle is finnicky and requires you to point it at exactly the right location in a room before it wants to lock on. Also, there's no actual graphic displaying the crosshairs after training it on a room, just a glitched out few pixels where one of the targeting circle's edges would be.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Unreliable, which changes the radius tag, only works on BURST type weapons, since radius is only functional on BURST wepaons.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:16 am

Just a few quick suggestions about the Cmbat Simulator Augment. I never tried that augment before, but now I quite like it. :)

:idea: You should add a shield training simulation since it's strangely left out, all you would have to do is spawn a simulated ship with a laser weapon that fires just fast enough to constantly pelt your shields, but never actually penetrate more than one layer. ;)

:idea: For the combat simulator another less lethal scenario would also be to spawn a simulated AI ship that you can "board" and destroy it's systems. Destroying each system completely would damage the ship just enough so that it would surrender and end the simulation. Allowing you to pull your crew back and preventing the non-existent ship from jumping away with them.

Of course that would require a teleporter. But, the combat AI's can actually be quite lethal, as we all know... Engi's would be a better opponent, but that kind of breaks the lore of the simulation. :roll:

So one other alternative would be to spawn a simulated AI boarding ship with an "invasion" AI and normal teleporter of two that the AI's use instead all spawning on your ship at once. That way it is much easier to get an advantage over them since you will only be fighting two at a time. ;)

:idea: Lastly, the fire on the repair simulation is interesting, but if you just removed that you wouldn't need to have the warning that it could actually damage your ship. I don't think the fire is really necessary...