FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
null_dereference

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.206/Inf 1.206/EL 0.96

Postby null_dereference » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:58 pm

rannl wrote:Almost forget to report a bug which I encountered twice:
I think this happened with the federation bomber ship. It has a clonebay and pilot at the same room.
When damaged, only the pilot system is hit. This is an issue for boarding ships - no way to kill the crew!

That also happened to me - A pirate ship with clonebay and pilot in the same room. I could only destroy the piloting system with my boarding crew, and the other crew kept on coming :?
I eventually destroyed the clonebay system with laser weapon - but it was quite annoying.

Also, any word on my post in a couple of pages ago (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=2830#p74030) ?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:06 pm

null_dereference wrote:Also, any word on my post in a couple of pages ago

That already has been discussed, it can't be changed.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
ScubaSteve3465 wrote:I decided im going to try the EL addon you made for CE, but i wanted to use it without infinite. Under it though, it says it requires Infinite. So if i wanted to use CE and EL without Infinite would my load order look like this?

There is a separate version for main CE, right below the download for EL CE Infinite...

A simple yes or no of the load order would have sufficed, saying there's a separate download doesn't really help. But it seems like your getting annoyed so I'll figure it out myself, thanks anyway.
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 pm

WHY IS THIS EVENT A THING!? it the event that you crewmen turns out to be a rebel spy, you have no idea if the beacon you jump to will have this have this event and as far as i can tell it happens in all sectors and when you find this even you have a 50 50 chance of losing a random creman, please remove this event, i hate it with a passion, i love this mod but event utterly ruins the game for me when i find it, sure i can go on, but i hate it!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:A simple yes or no of the load order would have sufficed, saying there's a separate download doesn't really help. But it seems like your getting annoyed so I'll figure it out myself, thanks anyway.

Sorry, I did not realize that the description for the Endless Loot Addon for standard CE still said that it required CE Infinite. I changed that now. You did not really specify which of the addon variants you talk about so I got a little confused:

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:I decided im going to try the EL addon you made for CE, but i wanted to use it without infinite. Under it though, it says it requires Infinite. So if i wanted to use CE and EL without Infinite would my load order look like this?

So just to be totally clear:
CE Endless Loot for standard CE requires standard CE
CE Endless Loot for CE Infinite requires standard CE and CE Infinite
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 pm

DragonMaster2962 wrote:WHY IS THIS EVENT A THING!? it the event that you crewmen turns out to be a rebel spy, you have no idea if the beacon you jump to will have this have this event and as far as i can tell it happens in all sectors and when you find this even you have a 50 50 chance of losing a random creman, please remove this event, i hate it with a passion, i love this mod but event utterly ruins the game for me when i find it, sure i can go on, but i hate it!

That event is one of the best in the entire mod! I'm sorry that you came across this event so many times, but I have gone through many runs without seeing this event at all. Bad stuff happens in this game, it should not be taken out of the mod just because it has bad results.
Sparky98798

Postby Sparky98798 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
DragonMaster2962 wrote:WHY IS THIS EVENT A THING!? it the event that you crewmen turns out to be a rebel spy, you have no idea if the beacon you jump to will have this have this event and as far as i can tell it happens in all sectors and when you find this even you have a 50 50 chance of losing a random creman, please remove this event, i hate it with a passion, i love this mod but event utterly ruins the game for me when i find it, sure i can go on, but i hate it!

That event is one of the best in the entire mod! I'm sorry that you came across this event so many times, but I have gone through many runs without seeing this event at all. Bad stuff happens in this game, it should not be taken out of the mod just because it has bad results.

Haha, I've played this mod and FTL for a while now, and I've never even seen or heard of that event. Sounds interesting!
Romalee

Postby Romalee » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:30 am

I have ran into a bug. During the event where a slaver demands that you hand over your crew, I refused. Then, without any combat, they immediately surrendered, offering a slave in exchange for their survival. In another incident against an auto scout, the scout immediately went into self destruct mode, again with no damage inflicted. These events occurred on normal mode, with Captains Edition and CE Infinite installed, in the very first zone. I believe the ship health for the slaver was 5, but I'm not certain. I don't remember the auto-scouts health at all.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 am

Are you using Endless Loot as well? Cause that can probably can happen when fighting "damaged" or "wrecked" opponents. If so, I'm not sure if to consider this a bug, because the behavior makes sense when taking in account that the enemies are weakened. I'll look into it.
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:12 am

Sparky98798 wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:

Haha, I've played this mod and FTL for a while now, and I've never even seen or heard of that event. Sounds interesting!
fine, but at least lower the rarity or add a blue option to the event so i don't lose my sodding crew member...