FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.201/Inf 1.201/EL 0.9 (beta)

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:23 am

Hm, it does work for me. Anyone else got this problem? I got this specific error before, because Slipstream right now is the bottleneck for this mod. It can not patch unlimited amounts of blueprints into the game. But we tuned the amount of gear down because of that and especially with an 64 bit system it should work. Someone got it to work so far?

Saizew wrote:Has anybody else also noticed, that the new AE augmentatiom "Distraction Buoys" interferes with the pursuit delay of CE Infinite when jumping into a new sector? Total amount of delayed rounds should be cumulative. Instead, the Rebells progress faster...

Yeah, seems that is the case. They will become unavailable with Infinite then.

TheThirdNexus wrote:Would there be any possibility of getting the new crew images on their own, without CE?

You can do that by outsourcing the crew blueprints and the stuff in the people folder the mod currently uses.
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 am

My question right now is whether or not you have gotten around to editing CE's events to use AE's new content (and making CE's content available in AE's events) as rewards, blue options (I'm sure mind control would have many), etc. Procedurally generated weapons seem pretty cool! I can just imagine now, a beam that leaves behind fire and breaches, and stuns the crew. Hehe. We'll see.

Also, are the ship unlock events still present in the endless space addon? Also the crystal sector warp device thing you only usually find in the rock homeworlds.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:36 am

A friend of mine is getting the same problem.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 am

The Distraction Buoy's augment seems pretty worthless with the amount of ways CE allows you to delay the fleet anyway...

Can't wait to try out Infinite Loot!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

An idea about the On-Board Clone Lab. It may be sort of obsolete because of the Clone Bay, but perhaps it could be reworked. Crew can have skills now when they are recruited so what if we could use an advanced form of clone bay to create "genetically engineered super crew (or mutants if you prefer...) you could create a copy of one of your own crew with skills engineered to your liking and get another crew in the process or maybe just replace them? If that's possible. This should cost scrap or take time or some other trade off. I think this sort of thing would be cool for a clone ship and fit into the sci-fi mosh pit of FTL. Also, perhaps since you said the clone bay created walking controversies... This could have a chance to make our crew mad and have them leave. My idea is that that the clone bay is meant not to be used to create copies of existing organisms. Or if you want to get really evil, you could kill your normal crew in the process of the cloning. :twisted: And then of course it would have to be reworked to create all varieties of crew.

What do you think? It would basically be a way to create your ideal crew and could be used to negate the skill loss of the regular clone bay. Think about a Brood ship with The "Mutant" Clone Bay, the Backup DNA stores (Which I think should be renamed to Cryogenic DNA Backup), and a high level clone bay and teleporter!!!

EDIT: The type of clone bay Augment I just mentioned could also have some interesting flavor text with it regarding "splicing" of DNA. Like you give your crew the strength and inherent fighting skill of some prestigious Mantis Warriors. The Engineering mastery of the Engi. The ingenuity of a humanoid Captain. The deep understanding of Shield technology of an ancient Zoltan. And other similar things...
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Arctanas

Postby Arctanas » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 am

Hey, I've tried putting the new patch of CE and all add ons into the slipstream manager and patching them to play, it but doesn't seem to work. Every time I launch the game is shows this error message, then crashes.

The order I patched them in is what was recommended, Planets and Backgrounds > Captains Edition > CE BPaB Compatability > CE Additional Music > CE Infinite Space. I also tried just patching this: (Reset to Vanilla) then adding just Captains Edition and same thing, it seems the CE itself doesn't work for me.

Any idea why this isn't working and just showing an error?

Just to clarify, these are the files I'm using:
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.201
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Aditional Music Addon 1.2
CE Infinite Addon 1.201

CE Endless Loot Addon 0.9 (beta) (Just downloaded it a few minutes ago, haven't added it yet)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :D
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 am

The above problem is due to the slipsteam's backup being out of date. When installing AE, you ned to delete Slipstream's backups, so it doesn't have old backups when using it.

Does anyone know why the game might randomly freeze after I've installed the mods? I'm doing everything as I should. The order is correct, but everytime I try to play with more than one mod installed, it freeze's up after a few seconds of play. How do I get around this?
Arctanas

Postby Arctanas » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 am

Thanks allan, so I deleted my backups but it made no difference. Am I meant to reinstall AE since I've deleted the backups?
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 am

Arctanas wrote:Thanks allan, so I deleted my backups but it made no difference. Am I meant to reinstall AE since I've deleted the backups?

Yes. Delete the backups, reinstall AE, and then that problem should be done.
Arctanas

Postby Arctanas » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:11 am

Perfect! Thank you so much. :)
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:15 am

Your welcome.