FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.096b

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 pm

You could just postpone industrial sectors' appearance until, say, sector 3 then. If you haven't upgraded engines past lv1 by that point, then you're stupid.

Or maybe... can you combine "halve", "limit" and "loss" tags?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:27 pm

System manipulation tags override each other, that's why you can't further disrupt with your augs that is already disrupted by a hazard and might actually disrupt it less.

Id rather have industrial sectors available early as well, cause they are civilian and a lot of the new stuff is already pushed back.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:36 pm

I insist you should make them Nebula type though, that will decrease the fleet delay for jumping into the pollution beacons ("the rebel fleet is prepared for that"), therefore not forcing so much a low-health player into jumping through themn and risking the acid clouds if he wants to make the sector worth it.

Plus, as I said, their nebula is their distinctive characteristic. It's a bit mean to them to put them with the sector types defined by their non-hostile ship event race.
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Just a quick isea so noboy has to search for codewords like "you put on your infravisor" anymore? Why dont you just add a small code (CE1098) to all events so we just have to remember/safe that - give it to you and you can quickly find the problem and fix it :)
Only if your current method consumes too much time though.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:53 pm

I can think two reasons:

1-It's tiring.

2-If the bug is only apparent after closing the event window, you're gonna have a hard time remembering the code.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Metzelmax wrote:The game will always fill up the nebula sections of the map with neb events, even if you didnt add them to the sector. It will also add nebula events above the maximum number of sectors in a sector which then in return crashes the game. Which is just great.

With "nebula section" you mean the part of the map that is covered by nebula? Interesting. I thought that is just created around any beacon from the nebula list. Which it probably is. Did I get this right: Beacons that happen to be created near this clouds are converted to nebula as well? Do you know with which list these beacons are filled? "NEBULA"? "NEBULA_NEUTRAL?" Cause that could be used to prevent the sector from randomly creating normal nebula in industrial sectors. Although neutral events spawned this way might still cause fleet delay... but that could be compensated.

Mr. Mister wrote:I insist you should make them Nebula type though, that will decrease the fleet delay for jumping into the pollution beacons ("the rebel fleet is prepared for that"), therefore not forcing so much a low-health player into jumping through them and risking the acid clouds if he wants to make the sector worth it.

Plus, as I said, their nebula is their distinctive characteristic. It's a bit mean to them to put them with the sector types defined by their non-hostile ship event race.

Yes yes, they where planned to be nebula type anyway. Still experimenting hot to really control nebula type beacons here... I guess Metzelmax got that stuff figured out during the making of his mods. If sector type has nothing to do with random nebula beacon creation then Industrial will become Nebula type again. Already reduced the Nebula mass again and will check how that turns out.

Also in the making: UI impact prompts for beams and some more weapons.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 pm

I'd love to see some new kinds of weapons like Plasma weapons, or electric beams/lasers, a freeze or microwave ray, etc... :P

A question about the chaff launcher (?) the one that is supposed to confuse defense drones. If it fires really fast wont it have a high chance of shooting down combat drones as well?

Also, another reason not to put in the reverse ion bomb, no matter how awesome it would be, is that you could use it on the teleporter and cloak also to rush the cool down which doesn't make sense. Well... Unless you called it an overcharge bomb or energy surge bomb instead.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 pm

As I said, I'm not sure the reverse ion works reliably on ionised systems: I think that if you shoot it at them and the cooldown-clock is made to change its revolution, the remaining revolutions counter won't go down, meaning it will have actuaolly increased its cooldown time.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:As I said, I'm not sure the reverse ion works reliably on ionised systems: I think that if you shoot it at them and the cooldown-clock is made to change its revolution, the remaining revolutions counter won't go down, meaning it will have actuaolly increased its cooldown time.

Hah, well that's even worse then.
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:29 pm

What if you made it so that using the reverse ion bomb to be risky, meaning that if you don't time it right, you increase the cool-down time, and maybe you can find a way to limit how beefy a zoltan shield can be? Besides, the risk can be a part of the balancing against the OP reverse ion bomb
Last edited by sign1000 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.