FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
haanuman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby haanuman » Wed May 23, 2018 11:23 am

Atruejedi wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Hi CE fans, if you want a change from all the tactical space drama here then I made a just the game for you.
Hyperspace Dogfights, featuring juicy jet combat roguelike action. And it just launched on steam. Maybe one or two of you get something out of it. :)
Peace.
<3 <3 <3

Congratulations on your release! And thank you for everything you've done for FTL! I wish you success with your release, but don't forget about us ;)

I've been playing FTL without mods for over 1,400 hours. It doesn't get stale to me. But if you enjoy the game and it DOES get stale after awhile, that's the single best mod to use to add tons of content.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed May 23, 2018 3:06 pm

just wanted to ask whether the mantis b/c recolours are on the shipyard or contained somewhere else- are the gibs and c recolour ships inside the mod in the shipyard?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Kommanderkeen

Postby Kommanderkeen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:06 am

Hey there, new to this wonderful mod, and I've got my first ship that has made it to the Flagship. I'm run into a problem :cry:

In the Last Stand, jumping to the Base while the Flagship is also arriving there (solid red line during jump menu) causes game to freeze - I have to force quit.

There are few more things going on so I wanted to give a full report here.
When I started this run, I had (in modload order) BPaB v1.3.1, Shiny! UI and graphics for vanilla v1.0, CE resource pack 1.308, FTL Captain's Edition 1.308, Extended Pursuit Indicator X24 v1.3. Using Slipstream v1.9.1
Had a few white boxes filling the screen instead of bomb animations but no big deal. About sector 6 (sorry I don't remember exact circumstances) in between battles I quit the game and came back later. When I arrived, all the doors were open and I had 0% O2, several random fires in the ship, and worst of all my artillery weapon, upgraded to 3 bars, had disappeared (using Engi B).
At this point I removed Shiny!, thinking it was probably the perpetrator and continued the run with no problems... until getting to the Flagship which causes a freeze every time. I've tried removing all other mods besides the resource pack and captain's edition, to no avail.
Any suggestions? It's so sad... I might actually be able to win with this ship!
Thanks

EDIT: Fixed thru actually reading through the first post in the thread and getting the Artillery Crash fix. Cheers.
jercov

Postby jercov » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:07 pm

i got a hull ripper naginata at EL but it only does 4 damage at systemless rooms.. does hull ripper title with natural x2 on systemless rooms not stack? :?:
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 am

jercov wrote:i got a hull ripper naginata at EL but it only does 4 damage at systemless rooms.. does hull ripper title with natural x2 on systemless rooms not stack? :?:

Normal Naginata does 2 damage per room, so it works as it's supposed to. Hull beam is the one that does double hull damage.
Cocofang

Postby Cocofang » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:22 am

I really enjoy all the content this mod collection offers.

But for my personal taste, the inflation of upgrade prices is too steep in CE Infinite. Would you kindly consider creating small price patches that are compatible with CE Infinite, please? I tried some other price mods on here but they either don't work or break the cost of CE exclusive higher upgrades.

I realize vanilla prices would be too easy for Infinite but optional patches that adjust the prices to varying degrees would be greatly appreciated. Maybe a bit less or exactly half the current prices would deserve the tag "easy"?

I don't know, just the option to tune that to ones personal liking would be really nice.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:14 pm

You can just make a simple text edit to the beginning scrap advantage mod and give yourself a bit of a headstart. The infinite mod is not meant for quick, vanillaish runs, it's a long run marathon mod where you get to pick your own progression speed via the sector advancement at exit beacons.
Cocofang

Postby Cocofang » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Actually, it's already taken care of.

I figured maybe I can do it myself but unfortunately I didn't find modding tutorials that helped me get started with concrete pointers. So I visited the Discord to ask around and very kindly Sleeper Service and Biohazard offered help so I was able to help myself.

Might as well share what they taught me:

• Change the ending of "CE Infinite Addon 1.301b" from ".ftl" to ".zip" and you can open/extract the files
  • Use Notepad (I downloaded Notepad++ as per Biohazards recommendation) to open "blueprints.xml.append" and "dlcBlueprints.xml.append"
  • Search for the "systemBlueprint" entries for all the different system names. For the bluebrints file they are: oxygen, teleporter, cloaking, pilot, medbay, shields, artillery, engines, weapons, drones, sensors, doors. For dlcBlueprints they are: clonebay, hacking, battery, mind
  • Beneath the respective entries (should look something like: <systemBlueprint name="oxygen">) there are the upgrade costs listed with plain numbers (under <upgradeCost>)
  • Change them to whatever you like
  • Save, put into the .zip again, change the ending from .zip to .ftl
  • Reload everything with the mod manager

So I am currently experimenting with what prices I am comfortable with so that I don't unlock them TOO fast but it isn't such a grind. In the end a very simple adjustment that improved my enjoyment a lot.

Thanks again to those two for taking time out of their day to help me.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 pm

How does the fleet delay stack? I mean situations like:
  1. I entered Quarantine sector and it has default 2-turn value of fleet delay. I pick 1st of 4 fuel options at the beginning of the sector and it gives me 2-turn fleet speed up. So does it give 0-turn (as a sum of +2 and +2) in the end and there's kinda normal start, or first part (fuel - 2-turn fleet speed up) resets and stays only later one (quarantine's 2-turn delay)?
  2. If I pick option 3rd of 4 does it make 3-turn delay (2+1) or just 2-turn? If in both cases the result is 2-turn delay there's no need to pay more fuel if the effect is the same and choosing fuel consumption list could be ommitted with standard info message without any option to choose.
  3. I kill rebel cruiser at the end of sector (2-turn delay), jump to next sector (1-turn delay?) and then pick up some fuel option?

Prompts are really confusing. It would be good to have some fleet delay counter on the map or any info about that.

There's missing Zoltan better deal in one of the surrendering pirates:
https://zapodaj.net/21f85b65b82cb.png.html
Condemnedalbatross

Postby Condemnedalbatross » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:20 pm

So I've been trying to find Rock Fireship and Slug Stealth Barge, but apparently
    1) The Fireship (both normal and deep space variant) is not on SHIPS_ROCK blueprintList
    2) The deep space variant of Stealth Barge have <maxSector>5</maxSector> and <minSector>3</minSector> while other deep space barges have <minSector>5</minSector>

Is that intentional?