FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Void_Horizons
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby Void_Horizons » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 am

Hey,
I was wondering if the basic downloads for CE have been uploaded to any other file sharing site other than MediaFire? Sorry, just asking because I really want to play this mod again but Vodafone Broadband is horrendous and no matter the settings it still seems to prevent access to MediaFire, thanks
4n4
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby 4n4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Void_Horizons wrote:Hey,
I was wondering if the basic downloads for CE have been uploaded to any other file sharing site other than MediaFire? Sorry, just asking because I really want to play this mod again but Vodafone Broadband is horrendous and no matter the settings it still seems to prevent access to MediaFire, thanks

Mega would be a tolerable alternative, a .torrent containing all the mod files preferable.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:15 pm

This mega? Costs money (I'm poor lol) and has transfer limits. I'm using media-fire since that has neither fees nor transfer limits, but I'm open for suggestions that match those criteria. Torrent might happen once there is a new stable release.
4n4
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby 4n4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Torrent preferably, because it does it's own hashing on the files, making it almost impossible that the files are corrupt. Mediafire can and does corrupt the transfer sometimes.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Yep it isn't optimal, I just can't grantee that the torrents are seeded all the time.

@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.
4n4
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby 4n4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yep it isn't optimal, I just can't grantee that the torrents are seeded all the time.

@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.

I will personally seed the whole thing for as long as I have a connection. I love this mod and want to spread it.
User avatar
mr_easy_money
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'm using media-fire since that has neither fees nor transfer limits, but I'm open for suggestions that match those criteria. Torrent might happen once there is a new stable release.

You could use Dropbox. The free limit is 2 GB, which is probably enough. oh and also Dropbox never has any ads like Mediafire.
Sleeper Service wrote:@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.

could you first pull all of the changes from the spellchecking github repo? I think there have been a number of changes that haven't made it into "official" CE yet.

EDIT: I also found the following typos, look in this imgur gallery, https://imgur.com/a/ikNJw ...there are notes below each image about what should be changed. these are from current CE and I don't know if they've been fixed in the repo.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:You could use Dropbox. The free limit is 2 GB, which is probably enough. oh and also Dropbox never has any ads like Mediafire.
The mod went over that limit once and downloads where blocked, so I won't use that again.

mr_easy_money wrote:could you first pull all of the changes from the spellchecking github repo? I think there have been a number of changes that haven't made it into "official" CE yet.
Yep, already pulled.
FearTheBlaziken
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:25 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.


Sure, though I do request that I want to be credited as BurningCookies instead.

Though you do want to be careful when adding the "<mod:removeTag/>" code. As one of them is involved in fixing the Pirate Lord/Lady quest. (If you removed the duplicate ship, DO NOT implement the <mod:removeTag> in events_ships.xml.append.)

Edit: You may also want to change the artillery description to remove the redundant warning as well.
Last edited by FearTheBlaziken on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

I polish other mods because I am too lazy to make my own.
User avatar
mr_easy_money
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
mr_easy_money wrote:You could use Dropbox. The free limit is 2 GB, which is probably enough. oh and also Dropbox never has any ads like Mediafire.
The mod went over that limit once and downloads where blocked, so I won't use that again.

uh but by my count everything is well under 2 GB... rough estimate a total of 300 MB with every download link on the main post (including randtrel and randflagship) :roll:...also heh, there are some dropbox links up there

blocked downloads? well that is precisely the problem the certain someone has with Mediafire, citing "Vodafone Broadband is horrendous and no matter the settings it still seems to prevent access to MediaFire", unless you mean something else. you could put up mirror links at like the bottom of the post or something, no need to make dropbox as the main download hub.
--------------------------------
on a separate note, now that the devs have implemented a fix for buyable artillery crashing the game,

Code: Select all

-Artillery systems can now be set to start=”false” for both enemies and players. Players can purchase the missing artillery system in shops, and that will no longer create bad save files.
you can get rid of the crash warnings in the artillery descriptions and add start="false" attributes in <artillery> tags for player ships

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests