FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299b/EL 1.299b

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Yo sleepy, long time no see. Still holding the fort, eh?

I recently got the munchies for some FTL, so I guessed I should stop by and say hi on my way to reinstalling the mods.

I see some big changes since last time I played, as well as surely many unseen and small but numerically significant fixes.

For instance, combat augments now use up power from the generator. Out of curiosity, is the enemy power capped as well? And does the Internal Generator now let you use combat augments without reducing generator output instead of letting you use two at once?

Now there's a name I haven't seen in a long time. Welcome back to the fray. The coffee machine is over by that wall.

But on answering the examples there, I do believe enemy Reactor power is affected when they use CA's (but in some cases most notably Zoltans, they have severe power buffers that basically let them use them for free, this isn't new though as Zoltan ships in vanilla also had significant power buffers), and the Internal Generator works as you've said. There were some inconsistencies with how some CA's operated when used as the second augment last time I checked, though.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Yeah, I kinda got dragged from a CE-esque mod for one game to another; currently I'm in the internal testing team of Pitch Black Dungeon for Darkest Dungeon.

Hey slowy, glad to see you too. I saw you finally made Insurrection into what you wanted, and hey, it looks hella cool - congrats! I also really like its modularity.

However, while I will try it on occasion, I think I'll revert to standard CE as my main installation, as what you now call sMPK for Captain's Remix seems to take away some of the things I love the most:
Removal of enemies with Combat Augments, 'Combat Fluff' mid-battle events, the Hyperspace mechanic and the Player Surrender system.

I really liked your (or our, in a way) vision of the long mining beams and other stuff, but I also really, really like the mid-battle fluffe events (both the purely fluff and the actually impacting ones).

You wouldn't happen to have around the .ftl of the last version of sMPK-CE you released that included those, would you?
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:You wouldn't happen to have around the .ftl of the last version of sMPK-CE you released that included those, would you?

Sadly not, I don't know if I have any editions of the old patch that would still be compatible with current CE.
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:58 am

Mr. Mister wrote:Yeah, I kinda got dragged from a CE-esque mod for one game to another; currently I'm in the internal testing team of Pitch Black Dungeon for Darkest Dungeon.

My salutes to you, sir, since I have my eyes on Darkest Dungeon mods as well, but I haven't found a Slipstream-like manager yet, so I paused and found FTL, then FTL CE.

----------

Anyways, how do weapon/drone descriptions work in FTL? Some of the descriptions are UI breaking: some can't even be read anymore. Is there a way to fix that? If possible, I can help going through them via XML (if that's how it works...)
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
Anistuffs

Postby Anistuffs » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:54 am

Hey there. I'm the older cousin of Comet Hunter, whose track Deepspace Sonar is part of the CE music pack. I just wanted to let you know that some time ago, he made another FTL-inspired track Cosmic Pulse and I added it via mod in my game. But I never bothered to publicly release the mod since Comet never told me and I never asked. But recently, some of my viewers asked for the mod to be made public so I went ahead and got his permission to release it.

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30368

Feel free to go ahead and grab the other two tracks from the mod and add it to CE since he gave permission to do that :)

Well, that's all I had to say. Bye now.
Anistuffs - The Indian Let's Player.
Here's my Youtube channel with over 1500 LP videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Anistuffs
Why not pop over and say hi :)
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:12 am

I hope Sleeper would include it to the Music Pack of CE as a package. Until then, let's wait for his decision. (Can't wait to hear them out.)
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:54 am

Anistuffs wrote:Hey there. I'm the older cousin of Comet Hunter, whose track Deepspace Sonar is part of the CE music pack. I just wanted to let you know that some time ago, he made another FTL-inspired track Cosmic Pulse and I added it via mod in my game. But I never bothered to publicly release the mod since Comet never told me and I never asked. But recently, some of my viewers asked for the mod to be made public so I went ahead and got his permission to release it.

Here's the thread: http://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=30368

Feel free to go ahead and grab the other two tracks from the mod and add it to CE since he gave permission to do that :)

Well, that's all I had to say. Bye now.

Yeah I might have lost track of that one, but I'll definitely integrate it in the next update.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.3101/EL 1.301

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 pm

CE Update 1.301
- Pulled recent spellchecking changes from github
- Fixed bad text list in a rare Zoltan surrender event
- Fixed cargo teleporter pirate store event handling Small Arms trade goods incorrectly
- Weapon lists now use advanced SMM tags (done by Chrono Vortex, thanks!) This improves compatibility with other weapon mods.

CE Resource Pack 1.301
- Corrected some spelling errors in fixed background graphics
- Credited new sound contributor on the title screen

CE Additional Music Addon 1.301
- Added a new track by Comet Hunter
- Shuffled some tracks around

CE Infinite Addon 1.301
- Fixed some bad grammar

CE Endless Loot 1.301 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.301 for CE Infinite
- Fixed some discrepancies in player ship loadouts
Atruejedi

Postby Atruejedi » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:10 pm

"Download CE Resource Pack 1.301 (MediaFire)" links to http://www.mediafire.com/file/7equdlbuk ... _1.301.ftl ... is that a mistake?
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Atruejedi wrote:"Download CE Resource Pack 1.301 (MediaFire)" links to http://www.mediafire.com/file/7equdlbuk ... _1.301.ftl ... is that a mistake?

Indeed...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.