[SHIP] Fion Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slye20

Re: [SHIP] Fion Cruiser

Postby slye20 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 pm

I think you need to make an image for the floor, even just one pixel hidden under a room would do it, from what I know.
If an image is missing (eg, the floor, in this case) that image will pop up as a big black box. With the floor being in between the hull and the rooms, it gets a bit in the way.
Again, I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think that should at least fix it.
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:36 pm

slye20 wrote:I think you need to make an image for the floor, even just one pixel hidden under a room would do it, from what I know.
If an image is missing (eg, the floor, in this case) that image will pop up as a big black box. With the floor being in between the hull and the rooms, it gets a bit in the way.

Ok, added new version with invisible floor
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:32 pm

slye20 wrote:I think you need to make an image for the floor, even just one pixel hidden under a room would do it, from what I know.

Yes. This is correct.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 am

Lol, everything will be easier if u make a floor graphic from the beginning.. ;)
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Claymore64

Postby Claymore64 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 am

I re downloaded your ship and it hasn't seemed to worked. I still get a black box around the ship but when i jump to another beacon it shows the whole ship not just a black box jumping into space :cry:
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Someone help me, I made a floor for it and it looks good in superluminal, but when I go ingame it doens't show up at all.
ElectronicBacon

Postby ElectronicBacon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Imagine if the ship design was in reverse... (The back half of the Kestrel and the front half of the Bulwark)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Yuurg wrote:Someone help me, I made a floor for it and it looks good in superluminal, but when I go ingame it doens't show up at all.

You need to check the floor name of the file is structured the same way as the other ship files -> myship_base,myship_shields,myship_floor and of course that the floor image is on the same folder than the other files..

Since on superluminal u load the floor image directly from your hard drive, its possible that once in-game, the game cant find the floor image because it hasnt the same name structure as the other files.

Anyways, you should create a separated thread so this one is not messed up.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am

Yuurg wrote:Someone help me, I made a floor for it and it looks good in superluminal, but when I go ingame it doens't show up at all.

I don't know what's wrong with your floor image, but as a temporary fix to record a Let's Play of it, I just copied your hull image over our floor image. I can't see the floor you had, but the black box is gone so the ship doesn't look like a big black square.

I'd suggest, until you fix the image, you do the same in your .ftl file so others can enjoy this ship. I found it to be a lot of fun!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 pm

I forgot to come back and say it, but I played the ship and had a blast, after the aforementioned floor fix. Check it out here. It's got the end of my Kestrel run in the video, but it's only the first minute or so.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."