[SHIP][AE] The Potential - UPDATED 2015/08/16

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] The Potential - NOT UPDATED FOR AE

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue May 20, 2014 8:11 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/?4323bw7uokppt69
(HOW DO I IMAGE ON THIS FORUM)[/quote]

First off all, do not make the image a download link, upload the image eg on photobucket or imgur.
Then put the url in [img ] [ /img] (no spaces between the [img ]'s)
tada
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Frawstcrabs

Postby Frawstcrabs » Tue May 20, 2014 8:51 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/?4323bw7uokppt69
(HOW DO I IMAGE ON THIS FORUM)

First off all, do not make the image a download link, upload the image eg on photobucket or imgur.
Then put the url in [img ] [ /img] (no spaces between the [img ]'s)
tada[/quote]

Right, thanks.

Just call me Frawst.
I like XML coding.
I can't art or music for shit.
Go me.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed May 21, 2014 12:58 am

Frawstcrabs wrote:But since I probably can't help anymore than the creator can, I'll just upload the damn thing.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/koe43nmmlb6ogrb

I'll give it a try... eventually. This is a super busy week and every week seems to be similar :)

Frawstcrabs wrote:For 5thHorsy: here's the image i was talking about:

https://www.mediafire.com/?4323bw7uokppt69
(HOW DO I IMAGE ON THIS FORUM)

From Mediafire? You don't, I don't think. Though I saw it, and thanks! Knowing the room numbers can only help. I assume the cockpit is room 19?

R4V3-0N wrote:Horseman, want me to slap on pirate markings and have a type B going? (after SL-2 is done)

I think it would be cool to have the type B the apposite, normal starting power but has every system in game.

I had no plans for a B-type of this ship. The "every system" idea is a cool one that would have worked really well before Advanced Edition but now, what 8 systems would you consider to be "all" of them? :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 am

5thHorseman wrote: I'll give it a try... eventually. This is a super busy week and every week seems to be similar :)

Just did a quick check with Vhati's editor and (drum roll please) everything seems to be functioning fine ;) Engaged in several battles with weapons and drones maxed and let me tell you it is AWESOME to have three combat drones and three weapons peppering the enemy all at the same time. I upgraded all systems (except hacking and mind control :( ) and everything appeared to work fine, didn't actually teleport or cloak (didn't have enough time with those easy :roll: sector 1 battles) but nevertheless it was fun to have power to everything all at the same time. And on top of that I still had extra power left over :lol:, reactor draining nebula storms here I come!

On a side note, I understand there is a problem with the visuals of the reactor bars :| but it didn't inhibit the gameplay or fun at all. Looking forward to this being completed. Maybe I'll try a run through later with CE 8-)
Last edited by kestreladmiral on Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 am

kestreladmiral wrote:...reactor draining nebula storms here I come!

...and that should be where you find the problem with the big reactor. The game should crash when you try to enter an ion storm. Unless the FTL devs are willing to fix this in a future patch, this mod will need to remove all the ion storm events so it never runs into them.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 21, 2014 4:49 am

5thHorseman wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Horseman, want me to slap on pirate markings and have a type B going? (after SL-2 is done)

I think it would be cool to have the type B the apposite, normal starting power but has every system in game.

I had no plans for a B-type of this ship. The "every system" idea is a cool one that would have worked really well before Advanced Edition but now, what 8 systems would you consider to be "all" of them? :)

You can make a ship start with more then 8 by assigning them with them on
(same way how you assigned it to have 80 power, with 25 being the cap)

How ever I am thinking about the artillery system and if it would be best to leave out drones or weapons or make them have a low amount of slots to prevent the drones going off the screen.

If you/me/ both work on the type B and/or C, what scheme do you want it?

Rebel, Pirate A, Pirate B, "Civilian/ Militia" (using CE language for that one).

If type A is unlimited (virtually) energy.
and the type B is all systems.

What would the type C be? a ship starting will all the 'cool' stuff? (eg vulcan, zoltan shield, burst laser II, glaive beam, max crew (1 of each species?), but kind of limited systems and power and stuff.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 21, 2014 4:56 am

RAD-82 wrote:
kestreladmiral wrote:...reactor draining nebula storms here I come!

...and that should be where you find the problem with the big reactor. The game should crash when you try to enter an ion storm. Unless the FTL devs are willing to fix this in a future patch, this mod will need to remove all the ion storm events so it never runs into them.

easy work around, give it as much reactor as possible before ion storm crashes, and then give it a back up battery above level 2. also that augment to reduce backup battery recharge time.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed May 21, 2014 7:41 am

kestreladmiral wrote:Engaged in several battles with weapons and drones maxedking and let me tell you it is AWESOME to have four combat drones and four weapons peppering the enemy all at the same time.

4? My original ship had 3 of each and it was a pretty important design decision and one of the keystones of the ship (2-man teleporter is another).

R4V3-0N wrote:You can make a ship start with more then 8 by assigning them with them on

Yeah but what about the UI? Doesn't having all those systems shove stuff off the right side of the screen, causing a cacophony (awesome alliteration there) where the systems and subsystems share the same space?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 21, 2014 8:29 am

5thHorseman wrote:
kestreladmiral wrote:Engaged in several battles with weapons and drones maxedking and let me tell you it is AWESOME to have four combat drones and four weapons peppering the enemy all at the same time.

4? My original ship had 3 of each and it was a pretty important design decision and one of the keystones of the ship (2-man teleporter is another).

R4V3-0N wrote:You can make a ship start with more then 8 by assigning them with them on

Yeah but what about the UI? Doesn't having all those systems shove stuff off the right side of the screen, causing a cacophony (awesome alliteration there) where the systems and subsystems share the same space?

As I said, I'm thinking of lowering the weapon and drone slots or missing one of them 2 out. and skipping systems like artillery could save space up.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Wed May 21, 2014 12:58 pm

5thHorseman wrote: 4? My original ship had 3 of each and it was a pretty important design decision and one of the keystones of the ship (2-man teleporter is another).

It was real late last night (my time anyway) when I posted that, so no I didn't actually have 4 of each :roll: but I still had the max number of each. That number being three :lol:

And the problem with the ion storm, in all the games I have played every time I enter a ion storm it just reduces the power you can use by half. So even with 30 power bars you should still have quite a few bars left to power everything you "need" powered or is this something that only happens to me.