[MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [MOD][WIP] A Strange New Galaxy 23.12.14 (AE)

Postby Metzelmax » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:01 am

afdsadafdssda
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 am

Is this still a work in progress?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:11 pm

i'm missing one ship
ImageImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:25 pm

But besides that all is fair and good?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:34 am

I dont see a problem :P

All three federation ships are civilian space ships with barely any weaponry. So you are supposed to buy your own stuff which means you have to skip shield and engine upgrades to have scrap.

mmmh.... who ever I was replying too has deleted his message.

@raven: Not finished = WIP
ImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:39 am

I've finally decided to give this mod another spin. I'm amused by the gimmicks and realised I'm a terrible FTL player and I cannot see an easy run with most vessels I'm looking at. Then again I did try to fly the Celiak Guardian thinking it looked cool with 6 weapons slots (by the way, some people are auto-fire fanatics and the game will crash if weapons 5 and 6 are auto-fired unless they're beams.)

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but those beam weapons on the Guardian don't seem to fire. The ship is already... screwed up as it is with the use of a battery for everything. I'd understand if the beams couldn't penetrate shields but I was caught in an asteroid field and even then when I had their shields down from the rocks flying, those no-power beams didn't do anything.

Then my ship blew up because I only had enough scrap for one measly bar of reactor power and the enemy ship had one of my worst nightmare combinations for a second/third beacon in a sector - Leto missile and Burst Laser II. I'd hate to get caught in an ion storm. Probably crash the game or something.

Also, I'm guessing the Sunshine station is designed for running away from all combat until it can pick up a gun. Not even something weak like a repurposed solar mirror or something?

Lastly - the unmanned Anterian ships. I've always questioned why they have a life support system ever since pre-AE. In case they get a crew? You didn't give them a medbay or clone bay so why does life support stay? Is it so the ship doesn't have several empty system slots which could be taken up by everything else (So while it can't have a crew, it can cloak, mind control, use drones, hack systems and teleport mind-controlled crew onboard?)
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:30 pm

I never actually use auto fire, so I never noticed the crash thx! Generally the Celiak ship has the most crash potential out off all ships because I messed with everything that you can mess with.

In order to use the Beam weapons you need to have one of the bombs (or generally any weapon) powered. FTL does bug out if a no power weapon tries to fire. Weapon system needs to have atleast 1 power. I am thinking now that i may give the ship a zoltan just so the weapon system can never be unpowered.
I made the ship before AE back then power costed 15 on lvl0 so I guess it needs some more buffs now.

The sunshine is really just a get a lot of money and hope for a weapon ship. All 3 federation ships require you to increase their weapons as soon as possible and this one is the extremest.

The Anterian ships have oxygen for style. In Star Trek even species like borg and 8472 had oxygen on their ships so the Federation boarding teams could walk there without Suits.
So when I originally made the Anterian Androids up, they ofc had oxygen. Later I said that they would lose efficiency when used in a vacuum to explain the ox generators.
And lastly pre AE you had that annoying Low Oxygen Sound that ruined eveything if didnt have ox.
ImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Anyway, I did a video of a run with the Caligula.

http://youtu.be/fT7ftGzTjbA

By the end of the run I was all like "I have too much money! Ahhhh! :o "
The Scrap Recovery Arm is way too useful for a starting ship I think.

Metzelmax wrote:I never actually use auto fire, so I never noticed the crash thx! Generally the Celiak ship has the most crash potential out off all ships because I messed with everything that you can mess with.

I hardly use the autofire myself. But apparently it can be an issue.

In order to use the Beam weapons you need to have one of the bombs (or generally any weapon) powered. FTL does bug out if a no power weapon tries to fire. Weapon system needs to have atleast 1 power. I am thinking now that i may give the ship a zoltan just so the weapon system can never be unpowered.
I made the ship before AE back then power costed 15 on lvl0 so I guess it needs some more buffs now.

I see. But if you added a Zoltan, wouldn't it ruin the whole"no power ship" gimmick?
I say increase battery power to level 2 at least. That way it can have shields and have weapons and oxygen powered for at least 30 seconds.

The sunshine is really just a get a lot of money and hope for a weapon ship. All 3 federation ships require you to increase their weapons as soon as possible and this one is the extremest.

I guess I'm not a big fan of ships that must flee every battle until there's the off-chance they can reach a store where a cheap gun awaits. Because then they're not collecting scrap. At least give the poor ship long range scanners so it can avoid going down Battle Alley. Solar Cells (Battery charger) in my book is "free scrap."
Heck, rename it to "Battery Charger" and give it to the Guardian, because that ship really needs the battery management.

The Anterian ships have oxygen for style. In Star Trek even species like borg and 8472 had oxygen on their ships so the Federation boarding teams could walk there without Suits.
So when I originally made the Anterian Androids up, they ofc had oxygen. Later I said that they would lose efficiency when used in a vacuum to explain the ox generators.
And lastly pre AE you had that annoying Low Oxygen Sound that ruined eveything if didnt have ox.

But now that the annoying sound is gone, all you have left is the annoying floor overlay indicating there's no air. There are mods that can fix that though.
Then again, if you removed the oxygen generators you can have a ship with all the other systems. Overpowered much?
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Teaser for the 1.0 update.
Hype!
ImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 am

New hull or new ways to die?