My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS] Omicron Dinasty [WIP] Updated 15/05

Postby speedoflight » Thu May 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Next classes -> CARRIERS

Omicron Grinder ->

Omicron Onslaught ->

Last edited by speedoflight on Sun May 19, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
UndeadKnightmare

Postby UndeadKnightmare » Thu May 16, 2013 11:47 pm

GREAT WORK!. i would like to see the hull graphics to match FTL's art style a little bit more though. other than that, its a great ship!
UndeadKnightmare

Postby UndeadKnightmare » Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 pm

can u please post the stats of the new weapons, augments, ands drones please? that would be very useful when you have to keep track of all of these new items XD
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 17, 2013 1:46 am

UndeadKnightmare wrote:can u please post the stats of the new weapons, augments, ands drones please? that would be very useful when you have to keep track of all of these new items XD

Well, i can do that, anyways i always do re-balance stuff in weapons everytime i test the new weapons, every version i release its probably that will have little changes on all the weapons behaviour, but thats the only way to make real balanced weapons in the end, step by step.

About augments, as u should know, they are not new (there is no possibility to create new augments) , they are just modified vanilla ones, so its a bit useless to write the tiny changes i did on just 1 line of code..

Anyways, thx for the feedback, its really appreciated.

UndeadKnightmare, i dont have the skillz to make the exactly same style as the vanilla ships, besides i use sketchup, and the shadowing / profile painting is , of course, not the same as the vanilla ships, so there is nothing much i can do about it. I could try to retouch the images on photoshop, but im afraid i will waste a lot of time and i will not get the same style as the vanilla ships.

This mod started from an old project i had that i stoped to end the star trek mod, and i had the first ship done, so i continued the other ships with the same style as the first one. I was too lazy to trying something else :lol:
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun May 19, 2013 8:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedL5YQo1sE

Oh and for the record, its spelled Dynasty
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS] Omicron Dynasty [WIP] Updated 15/05

Postby speedoflight » Mon May 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Thx for the tip Bren, already fixed.. xD.

Nice let's play, i think ima going to change the artillery beam, making it more expensive, and reducing the lenght since 3 damage over 150+ lenght line is too much, specially if u have the artillery beam maximized. Anyways, u always discard the best weapons that u carry on xD, the monolith cannon will be a lot better option than the autocannon once u pass through sector 3-4. And the omni cannon will be great to fight the boss (of course combined with other weapon and shuting down the boss shields). anyways, u did it but as i said, there is not too much challenge on easy, u should try it on normal.

Next time, u should try to make the lets play videos on the normal level, since the easy one is just too easy for any mod out there (and the vanilla content as well).

Keep tuned, the carriers are coming, this mean, another defense drone, and 4 new attack fighters, plus some new weapons!. Keep tuned! (in the end i decided to remove the artillery beam from the carriers, since it was no sense anyways, and 3 weapons + artillery + 5 drone slots will be just too much and only attack ships are supossed to have the artillery beam and full weapon armory).
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS] Omicron Dynasty [WIP] Updated 21/05

Postby speedoflight » Tue May 21, 2013 12:47 am

Updated to version 0.5 enjoy guys!.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS/DRONES] Omicron Dynasty [WIP] Updated 21/

Postby speedoflight » Wed May 22, 2013 1:19 am

Next classes -> Science vessels

The Amon ->

ImageImage
IronClad1017

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS/DRONES] Omicron Dynasty [WIP] Updated 21/

Postby IronClad1017 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 am

That.... Looks.... AWESOME!!!!!!!! How will the new science vessel work? More drones? Ion weapons? Strictly disabling the enemy ship to asphyxiate the enemy crew?! (actually, that would be really cool :D )

Your mods a spectacular, and I cannot express my gratitude enough for making this already amazing game so much better!
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751... The most wonderful number in the universe.