[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 27

Postby speedoflight » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Deleted (since the updates are on the first page).
Last edited by speedoflight on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 07

Postby speedoflight » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Updated to version 0.7, enjoy!!

Im working on the next event, that will be maybe an extension of the traveler one. Playing the game u can find the blue gems (didnt decide if they are going to be blue gems or other completely different thing) that will be useless drone slots. Later on the traveler event u will be able to exchange these blue gems for scrap, repairs, or even the damn unknown module he offers. I plan to make other events using the same blue gem, as blue options.

Now, i need to think how those blue gems will be, since sadly it will be a drone or a weapon, but they need to be useless in some way. Maybe i am going to just make the blue gem as a defensive drone, a drone that flies really really fast around the enemy ship but doesnt fire. Or something like that, like a countermeasure or something like that (its supossed if the drone moves really fast, it can block enemy shots.. or not, who knows).

Still need to think on it, just making a little advance :p

I also im working (but this will later) on an event on which u will be allowed to fight an omicron captured battleship, an enemie that will be unique (regular omicron ships wont have this design). But first i need to make the other event, and after that, to think on this one.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:20 am

Next , Boarding Vessels ->

The Lurker

Boarding ships will have bigger teleport room, as well as teleport system level 1 available for the beginning. They will have more crew members (about 5 or 6) and they will have also a medbay bigger than usual (2x2) , they will have weapons designed to help-support boarding parties and wounded crew members, like heal bombs, lock down projectiles (when u want to create a barrier around your boarding party so no one can disturb em lol) and something else. The also will have boarding drones as regular drones (1 defense drone + 2 boarding drones).
ImageImage
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 am

You should have a reference to Lrr from Futurama. Maybe a random event where it could be like this:
You come across a strange planet with signs of habitation. A big ship that is orbiting the planet hails you, saying, "I am Lrr! Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8! Prepare for battle!"
Then you battle him.
:geek:
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:58 am

Yuurg wrote:You should have a reference to Lrr from Futurama. Maybe a random event where it could be like this:
You come across a strange planet with signs of habitation. A big ship that is orbiting the planet hails you, saying, "I am Lrr! Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8! Prepare for battle!"
Then you battle him.
:geek:

LOL.

Well that is fun, but i have in mind something else. Wat i m going to do is an event where u find a really damaged station, when they see you, they start claiming that your race has attacked the station, so u will have the option to defend yourself. If u success to defend yourself, they will tell you that the unknown omicron ship (actually it is a pirate omicron ship xD) is hiding behind a nebula. Then, u will have the option to scout the ship, having a blue option for sensors level 3 or advanced scanners augmentation. If u have the augmentation or level 3 sensors, u spot the ship and u can fight it. If not, u will have a random chance to find the ship and fight it. The ship will be hard, but the reward will be great and im planning to make an special weapon that will only adquired if u destroy the ship. U will have 2 choices, the special weapon or the blue energy source (an ancient omicron power source used eons ago to power omicron ships, that surprisely the destroyed omicron pirates have it). The Blue Energy Source (i refered in the previous post as a blue gem, well it will be the blue energy source) can serve as a ion attack drone (yes, but be aware it costs 5 power bars) or used to gain some extra advantage when u repair the ship (in the omicron event) to repair damage, jump gaining extra fuel, etc. But since i dont know if that is even possible (to make a weapon that only appears in an specific event and not in stores, for example) i need to investigate first. But the Blue energy source will be there for sure, now the special weapon, if i can get it unique to that event, that will be great, if not.. i dunno wat to do.

After u fight the ship, u will return to the station to help it with repairs, and after that u will have the chance to repair damage, buy drones, missiles or fuel, etc
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

The other boarding ship design -> The Xenon

ImageImage
UndeadKnightmare

Postby UndeadKnightmare » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm

How are you making all of the artwork for all of these ships so fast? Did you have them planned out already?
UndeadKnightmare

Postby UndeadKnightmare » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Also, have you ever planned on making a total conversion mod with this? like entirely new music, text events, weapons, ships, crew sprites, etc?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Well, i spend over 2 hours total time since i start modelling it on sketchup and have the ship done, with textures, and the screenshot. Since i have a "little" experience on sketchup, it takes me only about 45 minutes or 1 hour to model the ship, test (in superluminal) that the design is ok (u know, putting rooms in place so i can see there is enough space) and start texturing. I could even render the ships with V-ray, but since the 2d export option of sketchup produces closer appearance to the vanilla style (talking about the "cartooned" theme with profiled borders and so on) and honestly, i dont want to waste 5 hours rendering a ship that actually doesnt need to render xDD. :lol: maybe when i work on the start screen i will use (to look more real) v ray, but thats it.

And no, i dont plan the design before i start on sketchup, lol. I just think on it in the way.. sometimes thats the reason i waste more time than i expected.

And no, i didnt think on a total conversion, since that is really too much work.

I mean, events are there, i plan to add about 1 or 2 more events (still testing the blue energy source add-on) but thats all since the events file is getting bigger and bigger and right now there are too many lines of code in the events.xml.append file. I can add 1 or 2 more, but thats it.. not if i become crazy trying to work on it. I mean, it will be reall cool to be allowed to have various event files, but since that is out of question, i cant make an event file with 2000 lines of code that will be a nightmare. Vanilla events are small, and u can even navigate in the events file without too much trouble, but this is not the case..

Music, yea its probably that in a future i will add custom music (and probably fight music) but for now that is a "possible" feature, im not entirely sure.

Crew-- totally out of question, since the work needed to make custom crew sprites is 1000% harder than any other work on a mod for ftl, and i will need 3 different crew sprites (1 will be a nightmare, 3.. will be just impossible for me xD). I once did the federation crew for my other mod of star trek, and i wasted about 4 days on that. And it was just little changes.. i mean, the day that we can even create new crew (u cant create new, just modify the graphics of the existent ones) i will think on it...
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Just to say i discovered a weird bug. Testing the carriers it turns out that if u restart the game (instead of quiting or going to the hangar) u will lose some drones of the loadout..actually all the combat drones lol :lol:

I really dont have any clue wat this could happen, im trying to figure it out, but i dont think i cant solve it (it looks like a typical FTL extraterrestrial bug). So, if u die, u need to go back to the hangar and select the same ship if u want to try it again with that ship.

I dunno if this happened with the last modifications i am doing (i am about to update with the boarding classes) but a feedback about this issue will be appreciatted , to discard the last changes im doing after the last update posted.
ImageImage