[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS/DRONES] Omicron Dynasty [WIP] Updated 21/

Postby speedoflight » Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am

Thanks IronClad, your support words are really welcome :)

About the science classes, i intend to give em, for start maximum sensor power, weapons not based on hull damage, for example fire weapons (only ignites fires), ion weapons, anti personnel weapons and so on. I mean, it will be a little harder to kill an enemy with science ships, but thats the idea. Also i will include a combat drone based on anti personnel damage and fire ignition (but again, not hull damage). And other things i still need to think off, so if u have any more ideas for science vessels (they will have as well lower hp) i could include em in the next update. ;)
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
IronClad1017

Postby IronClad1017 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm no modder, but I think I have an idea. Would an attack drone that fires ion weaponry work? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've looked at quite a few of the mods on this forum and not one of them has an ion-firing attack drone. It would definitely fit with your "does not do damage" theme for science vessels! :D
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751... The most wonderful number in the universe.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 pm

I dont know if ion weapons are allowed to drones, but even if they are, thats not a good idea since, a ion drone will be to need really really slow to not be overpowered (imagine every shot shuting down enemy shields.... ). The only way a ion drone will work is to make the firing rate really really low, and the drone will be really useless. Maybe if u didnt see any ion drone its because ion weapons just doesnt work on drones, and im afraid this will be the case, since a lot of things like this are hardcoded into the game (sadly).

Anyways, i think an anti-personel damage weapon will fix as well, and it can be very funny (looking at the enemy crew walking in the medbay all the time... ). In fact, i already have the loadout for the next ship, 2 fast-recharge fire ignition weapons with 2 shield piercing that only ignites fires. The good thing about this weapon will be the firing rate, making fires easier. The other weapon (science vessels will have 3 weapon slots) will be a mixed anti-pers damage weapon and ion-damage weapon. Since u will not be able to use both fire igniters (called fire darts) in the beginning u will have to play switching between the ion weapon and the other weapons (but, well thats the idea of almost every ship).
ImageImage
IronClad1017

Postby IronClad1017 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 pm

That makes sense, unfortunately. However, your ideas seem really good, as I always love a great fire ship! I can't wait for the ship to be released!
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751... The most wonderful number in the universe.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 am

Well, i encountered a little problem. I cant do a all-non hull damage ship, since auto scouts will not be able to be killed without regular weapons. So, i have 2 options, i make a weapon that deals at least 1 hull damage (for example a ion weapon that deals 1 hull damage +2 ion damage + 3 pers damage or something like that) or , option 2 , make a drone that uses fire / anti pers damage + 1 hull damage (or something like that), the problem is that drone will require more power and it will be a little op to have a drone bay with power 3 at the start (and will make no sense, since even the carriers only have 1 drone power bar at the beginning). So, i need other opinion to decide ;) or other ideas, but i cant find anything else if i want a 90% science ship ... -.-

Other problem are the zoltan shields, since weapons without regular damage cant lower the zoltan shield so u will be useless against zoltan..

Other option is, since it will be 2 ships, the first one to be focused on fire, and have 3 fire weapons one of em, with 1 hull damage included. The second layout, the ion ship with other layout.. i dunno.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 am

Second Science Vessel wip -> The Zenit

I really like how this one ended, its not mostly a really science design, but i liked it, so this will be a more advanced science ship :shock:

About weapons and drones, im working on ->

Fire Lasers (Mark I and Mark II), lasers with really fast recharge rate that only ignites fires (low chance of fire, compensated with the 5s cooldown). The difference between mark I and II is the cooldown between shots and the chance of fire.

Omicron K2Rocket -> Similar to the K1 rocket, but instead of system damage and fire chance, K2 deals 1 ion damage and 2 pers damage, and of course 1 hull damage (this will be the only weapon that u will be able to use when u need to kill an auto scout).

Omicron Fire Breath -> A enormous fire blast that deals 10 pers damage and always ignites fire. The cooldown will be hugh (about 30 s +) but 1 single impact on the enemy ship will kill any crew member inside and will ignite fire.

(Drones) Omicron Voulge -> Deals hull damage, pers damage and ignites fire (low chance). Only required 1 power bar, but its a bit slow and has not shield piercing capabilities.

(Drones) Omicron Voulge Mark II -> Faster than Mark I, and more chance of ignite fire.

(Drones) Omicron Demonoid (this is a test name..) -> (this is a test drone, since i need to see if some things i want to implement could work) Fighter that fires a dangerous fire blast that seals the targeted room (still not tested but im afraid i dont think that will work) and ignites fire inside. Deals 1 hull damage as well. Required 3 power.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat May 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Added info about the inminent next update (new weapons, new combat fighters and loadouts).

Need to say, after almost the final tests about the science ships, that they are really challenging and funny. But they are probablly the harder layouts until now. I coudnt even pass the second sector in about 4-5 test runs. But dont worries, cuz its possible, just a bit harder (and thats the idea). I need to try two more times or so, to see if i can reach sector 3, but thats it, if i cant do it i will just update it and let u guys to have the challenge :D
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS/DRONES] Omicron Dynasty [WIP] Updated 27/

Postby speedoflight » Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi guys, updated to version 0.6!

I added a custom event that will popup very often (or not, just tell me wat u think) on neutral beacons, i m not sure if i tested it at 100%, but just give it a try and let me know if u see any bug there. Events are really a headache sometimes.. :shock:

The Zenit is really hard, only real skillez players will reach sector 2 and maybe sector 3 (after that there are more probabilities of survive), unless u change weapons or buy something else. Of course as i mentioned in the first post, prices are high, so u maybe will consider just using all your skillz to hold on until u can afford better things ;)
ImageImage
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:58 am

I like how in depth this mod is getting. Keep updating!
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Ora_unit_SR388 wrote:I like how in depth this mod is getting. Keep updating!

Well, even if it is so sad that only a couple of guys seem to be interested in this mod, i will finish it , of course, but probably this will be definitely my last mod, maybe until i see things around and interest change. Of course, event things are out of question, since they are really tedious and i dont see any point on em, not if people cant say not even a word about the mod. I love to make mods for FTL, but this will be my last mod posted here. :lol: sorry guys, anyways i dont think anybody will miss my mods :shock: i will try to make a couple more events or so, but nothing more on that aspect.

I was planning doing a Babylon 5 mod after this, but seeing the "great" success i had with the Startrek universe mod, i dont think i will do it.

Anyways, the next classes, probably transports, with the ultimate defense drone installed, and other things that i need to think seriously since it will be a really hard to manage ship.
Last edited by speedoflight on Fri May 31, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage