[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Postby speedoflight » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 am

Note: This mod is for experienced players or people who really wants a little challenge (definitely for people who really likes to have fun on FTL), not just pick a ship and kill everything without worrying of getting hurt (tons of mods out there). Since FTL is a tactical game, u need to think how to kill your enemy, how to manage your power and so on. Dont expect thousands of power bars, or thousand drones, or 4 burts lasers xD, or anything that is automatically op in FTL. U will need to get through and experiment pain to achieve your mission!. :lol: (this is wat i intended, but this doesnt mean i will be able to achieve it.......).

I strongly recommend to play this mod in the normal level (i must say that is obvious, but just in case)

- The mod automatically ads a fleet delay pursuit factor, so u dont need to worry about the annoying fleet behind you. U can do it without a fleet delay mod, but the game is already dumb with the fleet in your tail, so i will say nowadays its a "must" to play and forgot about the pursuit.

- The Omicron Dynasty was born in the deepest quadrant of the Galaxy, the origins of this Society is almost unknown, but some rumors along the entire galaxy tell that they were a really advanced civilization eons ago, but the giant sun of their system started to collapse, then some of them abandoned their system searching a new planet to colonize, others refused to leave their home trying to find a solution instead of abandon their home. I guess that didnt work in the end.

- The ones who left, had only a few resources and had a lot of troubles trying to avoid the most dangerous species of the galaxy. In the end, they needed to waste a great quantity of resources and tech knowledge to build ships that will have more probabilities of intimidate any possible agressors and find at least a good place to live. Because of the short of resources, the ships will not have full shields, the big size of the Omicron ships was really a problem, and they just used their knowledge to build reliable and cheap ships with small shields, trying to balance all the power needed to manage the entire ship.

- To compensate, they used their great technology knowledge to build useful weapons and really effective in most of the cases, along with cheap defenses but very reliable.

(just a small introduction for people that dont like mods without a little story... :D )

Btw, sorry for my cute english, i do wat i can :lol:

Features:
- New ships (all vanilla slots) (with custom hull,cloak,shield, interior graphics)
- New weapons (with custom graphics, sounds, effects)
- New defense and combat drones (with custom graphics, sounds, effects)
- Custom events
- Refited artillery beam
- Refited cristal lockdown effect (to have a different feel so they dont look like, erm, well, that, cristals..).
- New menu screen

(Note that "Omicron Dynasty" is something that i just invented, before anyone asks lol).
All the ships will have the same layout but of course with different weapon loadaouts, different designs, and different weakness and strenghts. For example, first slot, assault ships, second slot, dreadnoughts, third slot carriers, and so on.

The ship sprites are made by myself, before anyone asks .

Omicron shields only reaches some systems but not the shield system itself, so u will need to protect it all the time, having engi crew if u can or rock crew to make sure fire is not an issue.

Some ships will only have some systems protected by shields, weapons and engines will always be protected by shields, but in some cases, like the Scavenger almost all lthe remaining systems will be unprotected.

Doors and sensor systems are unavailable at the beginning in most ships, this is intended to make more balanced the difficulty of the mod.

All the ships have ion resistance and hull resistance augmentations (ion casing and rock armor). Other specific ships, have other augments, for example the carrier will have the drone recovery augmentation.

Artillery Beam, i changed the artillery beam, now instead of 1 damage per room, it deals 3 dmg per room but the length is smaller. I needed to do this to fit the width of the beam to the center cannon of the ship (u can always change it to the original values if u want). I changed the artillery beam sound as well, i hope u like it.

Note that all the ships that are able to use the artillery beam will have that cannon part sketched on the ship. If u dont see that, the ship cant use artillery beam (this may be obvious but, just in case, since there are out there a lot of mods with artillery beams that fires from hidden or weird zones of the ship.. i wanted to make it more "real").

Prices are raised to compensate the balance in-game.

Omicron neutral event ->

Some often, a neutral custom event will popup. The reason of this is, due to the specific configuration of the Omicron ships, the reactor needs to have maintenance sometimes. U can chose then wat u want to do. The purpose of this event is to gain / lose resources to help (or sometimes the opposite) the Omicron ships reach their destiny.

I also did this event because i was tired of running out of fuel everytime, and its not about the difficulty, but about making more dinamic the gameplay. I was using a fleet pursuit mod as well, so it made not sense at all.

When u repair the reactor, u will gain fuel, but u will suffer (not if u are luck) some hull damage in the process.

When u decide to just leave the reactor as it is, u will not damage the hull, but u will lose (not if u are lucky) fuel on the process.

The last option is to investigate around with a shuttle, the bad thing about this is, once u got back, the repairs will start automatically (and u will not be able to chose the first option if u dont want to damage the hull), so be careful.
Here u can search for some scrap, drones or missiles, and there is a little chance to encounter a pirate ship in the way, so , watch out!

Omicron Traveler Event ->

Sometimes u will encounter a traveler that will offer u an unknown module or tank (weapons or drones) for a slighty reduced price. The content of the module is unknown so u will be risking the scrap u will waste on it. The unknown module can contain any Omicron weapon and the unknown tank can contain any Omicron drone. U can re-negotiate the price twice, but there is a high probabilty in the third one that the traveler refuse and leave. If u can get to the second re-negotiation process, the price will be reduced almost half of the original (u can get a weapon that cost about 250 in stores for less than 100, for example). But keep in mind, its a random module, so u can get a weapon that in the end will cost u more than if u find in on stores, or the opposite.

Omicron Renegade Event ->

In this major event u will find a damaged station that was attacked for an unknown omicron ship. From here, u can help the station to make repairs, or u can try to find the attacker and destroy it. If u manage to find and destroy the Omicron Renegade (thats is how i called it..) u will have the chance to select an special gift, the omicron blue energy source, useful to interact with some custom events and it is an ion drone as well, the exterminator fighter a powerful fighter that pierces 3 shields, or one of 3 special weapons, with high destructive power (the singularity rifter, the sonic cannon and the plasma rail cannon). You will receive as well a moderate quantity of scrap.

Once u defeat the ship, u can go back and do some things, like help the station with repairs, repair hull damage, buy drones, etc. If u have equiped the blue energy source, for example u can make an extra decision to aid the station and possibly receive as well a nice gift. Remember its not enough to have the blue energy source in the inventory, u need to equip it.

The enemy configuration u will encounter here, will be sometimes easy, sometimes hard, i coudlnt find a correct balance to make the ships hard enough without being op or the opposite. But i hope with a little feedback i can improve it or almost go in the right direction. By now i only did 2 different enemies in this event (is not as easy at it seems, specially with omicron ships and the shield configuration + ship size) but i hope to make more variants in the future.

Omicron Defense Plattform Event ->

This event will occur always in a nebula environment.

U will encounter an Omicron Defense plattform partially activated that was hiding in a nebula. As some auto-scouts events, u can try to recover specific items (fuel,drones,missiles) or another option that will let you to investigate further other ways to access all the resources of the defense plattfform without activate it, for example if u have the blue energy source, u will have a really high chance to access the plattform without activating it.

Another risk of activating the defense plattform is creating an ion storm in the nebula, this chance is reduced drastically if u use the blue energy source, or if u have, for example advanced scanners augmentation. U can always run away from a fight in the ion storm, and then come back and the ion storm will be dissipated. I coudnt find a way to keep the ion storm in the beacon, so i guess thats how it ends.

The difference between try to directly find some resources or investigate further, is with the first option u will have more chances to gather those resources without the need to fight the defense plattform. If u fail and u full activate the plattform, u will need to directly fight the ship in a non-ion strom environment.

Omicron Ambusher Event ->

U will have an encounter with a special Omicron ship that basically consist in fighting that ship and destroying it or making them surrender before they jump away. If they jump, you will have the chance to follow em twice, before they definitely jumps away for good. Sometimes, instead of fighting the ship you will have the chance to trade with them to avoid the fight. If you achieve them to surrender, they can give you some stuff that you will need, like a defense drone, attack drone, weapons or stuff. The limit of the weapons / drones they will give you are about level 2 weapons, never level 3.

Omicron Blue Station Event -->

You will find a vortex that you can investigate. From that vortex will emerge an Omicron Blue Energy Station. From here , the objective of this event is to gather another Blue Energy Source, negotiating with the Station, Destroying the station and with some other options. You will have the opportunity as well to gather some resources. This enemy can be very hard if you let it to charge the refined artillery beams. The main weapon of this station are two Blue Energy launchers that will inflict ion damage on your ship at low recharge rates. In the end, the blue launchers are not the problem here, but the 2 refined artillery beams that can ve really lethal if you dont destroy the station weapon systems.

Omicron Marauder Event -->

You will find a dangerous ship carrying a mysterious non-before developed weapon, the Omni Laser. You will have an opportunity to adquire this weapon negotiating with the ship, or destroying it (or making them surrender, as well). The Marauder is a really hard ship, and the omni lasers are really dangerous and reliable weapons, if you dont have a good weapon arsenal and / or a good defense system, dont try to destroy this ship.. (as always you can run away and come later, of course).

Some images ->

* Defenses *

* Combat fighters (some of em may not be included yet, just see the last post announcing the updates) *

-----------------------------------------

Weapons so far (50) (Note that some of the features of every weapon could change for balance purposes, but its probably i will not have the "patience" to reflect the changes in here..) ->

--Omicron Subspace Mine Launcher--
Slow tactical warhead that inflicts damage to systems. This is a tactical weapon, that can be used to launch a burst of 4 or 5 mines to differents targets and then swith to another weapon while the mines reaches their target.

--Omicron Mini Blaster--
Energy weapon that fires 1 blast. Pierces 1 shield. 9 s. cooldown. A reliable weapon with decent cooldown. Makes breachs.

--Omicron Mini Blaster Mk II--
Energy weapon that fires 2 blasts. Pierces 1 shield. 13 s. cooldown. A reliable weapon with decent cooldown. Makes breachs.

--Omicron Mini Blaster Mk III--
Energy weapon that fires 3 blasts. Pierces 1 shield. 17 s. cooldown. A reliable weapon with decent cooldown. Makes breachs.

--Omicron Rocket-- *All omicron missiles/rockets are invisible to anti-missile defenses (but not laser-defenses).
A reliable rocket with breach chance (4) that inflicts 1 damage and 2 damage on systemless rooms. Cooldown 11s. Pierces all shields.

--Omicron Impact Beam (Mark I)--
Tiny beam that recharges fast and deals 2x damage on systemless rooms. Damage (1) Lenght - 12; cooldown 11s. Pierces 1 shield. Power (2)

--Omicron Impact Fire Beam (Mark I)--
Refited Impact Beam with fire properties. Damage (1 2x on systemless rooms) Lenght - 20; cooldown 16s. Pierces 1 shield. Power (3). Fire Chance (4).

--Omicron Impact Beam (Mark II)--
Tiny beam that recharges fast and deals 2x damage on systemless rooms. Damage (2) Lenght - 12; cooldown 20s. Pierces 1 shield. Power (3)

--Omicron K1 Rocket--
Warhead with incendiary properties that inflicts 1 damage and 2 damage on systems. Fire chance (3). Pierces all Cooldown 13 s. shields.

--Omicron Omni Cannon (Mark I)--
Even if this weapon cannot pass through any shield, it has ion properties and a direct impact on the hull can do really harm to any ship. Damage - 3; Ion Damage - 1; Shield Piercing (0); Cooldown 13 s.; Power (2); Speed (60);

-- Omicron Omni Cannon (Mark II)--
Even if this weapon cannot pass through any shield, it has ion properties and a direct impact on the hull can do really harm to any ship. Damage - 5; Ion Damage - 2; Shield Piercing (0); Cooldown 21 s.; Power (3); Speed (60);

--Omicron Bomb--
Blue Energy Bomb capable of deal damage on hull and systems, and always produces breachs. 3 Damage; 2 system damage; Produces breachs. 18 s. cooldown; Missiles (2)

--Omicron Autocannon--
Refined gun that fires a dangerous burst of high speed impact blasts. Damage (1); Shots (6); Breach Chance (1); Cooldown 23s.; Shield Piercing (0); Speed (68); Power (3)

--Omicron Monolith Cannon--
Blast that deals average damage, causes fire and breachs. Damage (3); Shield Piercing (3); Fire Chance (3); Breach Chance (3); Cooldown 19s.; Power (4); Speed (60)

--Omicron Plasmid--
Overheated plasma dual blast that inflicts damage on hull and crew. Damage (1); Shots (2); Speed (12); Shield Piercing (2); Pers Damage (3); Cooldown 16s.; Power (2)

--Omicron Lance--
Fast rechargue energy plasma blast capable of ignite fire and make breachs. Damage (1); Shots(1); Speed (30); Shield Piercing (0); Fire Chance (4); Breach Chance (4); Cooldown 6s.; Power (2)

--Omicron Aegon Rocket--
High powered warhead that inflicts 4 damage and 1 damage to systems. Creates a seal effect on targeted room. Damage (4); Missiles (2); System Damage(1); Shots(1); Pierces all shields; Breach Chance(2);Speed(14); Cooldown 24 s. Power(2)

--Omicron Lance Mark II--
Fast rechargue energy plasma blast capable of ignite fire and make breachs. Damage (2); Shots(1); Speed (30); Shield Piercing (0); Fire Chance (4); Breach Chance (4); Cooldown 9 s.; Power (3)

--Omicron Lance Burst--
Refited Lance launcher to allow a burst of 3 blasts.Damage (1); Shots(3); Speed (30); Shield Piercing (0); Fire Chance (3); Breach Chance (3); Cooldown 20s.; Power (3)

--Omicron Fire Laser--
Omicron Fire Laser Mark I. Incendiary laser with the only purpose of ignite fire. Damage (0); Shots (1); Speed (42); Shield Piercing (2); Fire Chance (3); Cooldown 3s.; Power (2)

--Omicron Fire Laser Mark II--
Omicron Fire Laser Mark I. Incendiary laser with the only purpose of ignite fire. Damage (0); Shots (1); Speed (46); Shield Piercing (2); Fire Chance (6); Cooldown 7s.; Power (2)

--Omicron K2 Rocket--
Warhead that inflicts ion damage and anti-pers damage. 1 damage and 2 pers damage. 1 ion damage. Pierces all shields. Cooldown 13 s. 1 missile required.

--Omicron Fire Breath--
Giant fire plasma that deals lethal crew damage, hull damage and ignites fires. Damage (3); Shots(1); Speed (12); Pierces all shields; PersDamage (10); Fire Chance (10); Cooldown 32s.; Power (4)

--Omicron Dual Rocket--
Omicron Rocket refited and redesigned to shot 2 rockets. Fires 2 rockets. 1 damage. 2x damage on systemless rooms. Pierces all shields. Cooldown 15 s. 2 missile required.

--Omicron Overcharged Ion Plasma--
Overpowered ion launcher. Fires 1 blast. 1 hull damage. 5 ion damage. Cooldown 20 s. Power (3). Speed (14)

--Omicron Perforator--
Energy bolt that deals low damage, but pierces all shields and produces breachs. Fires 1 bolt. 1 damage. Breach Chance (10). Cooldown 14 s. Pierces ALL shields. Power (2). Speed (26)

--Omicron Perforator Mark II--
Energy bolt that deals low damage, but pierces all shields and produces breachs. Fires 1 bolt. 2 damage. Breach Chance (10). Cooldown 17 s. Pierces ALL shields. Power required (3). Speed (42).

--Omicron Energy Mine--
Slow tactical warhead used for tactical purposes. Damage (1). System damage (1). Cooldown 3s. Power (3). Speed (3).

--Omicron Seal Bomb--
Refined bomb with a low recharge rate that serves as a room lockdown. Cooldown 8s. Power (2).Requires 1 missile.

--Omicron Heal Bomb--
Self-teleporting healing bomb that instantly heals all friendly crew in the room. Cooldown 10 s. Power (2). Requires 1 missile.

--Omicron Ion Decimator--
Fast recharge ion launcher that deals low damage to hull and pierces 1 shield. Cooldown 7s. Ion Damage (1). Shield Piercing (1). Power (3). Damage (1).

-- (Special) Omicron Plasma Rail Cannon --
High powered weapon that fires a burst of 10 high speed plasma bullets. 30 s cooldown. 1 Damage - 1 Pers damage. Fire Chance (3). Power required 4. Bullet Speed (40).

-- (Special) Omicron Sonic Cannon --
High powered weapon that fires a blast of sonic energy. 29 s cooldown. 7 hull damage. 6 system damage. 3 ion damage. Pierces all shields. Bullet Speed (28). Power required 4

-- (Special) Omicron Singularity Rifter --
High powered weapon that creates a subspace distortion dealing massive damage. 38 s cooldown. 12 hull damage. 8 system damage. 20 crew damage. Fire chance (10). Breach chance (10). Power required (4). Missiles required (8).

-- Omicron Impact Burst Laser --
Fast laser burst that inflicts double damage to systemless rooms. Fires 2 lasers. 1 damage. 2x damage on systemless rooms. 12 s cooldown. Breach chance (5). Bullet Speed (90). Power required (2).

-- Omicron Impact Burst Laser Mark II --
Fast laser burst that inflicts double damage to systemless rooms. Fires 3 lasers. 1 damage. 2x damage on systemless rooms. 17 s cooldown. Breach chance (7). Bullet Speed (90). Power required (3).

-- Omicron Impact Burst Laser Mark III --
Fast laser burst that inflicts double damage to systemless rooms. Fires 4 lasers. 1 damage. 2x damage on systemless rooms. 20 s cooldown. Breach chance (7). Bullet Speed (90). Power required (4).

-- Omicron Cutter Beam --
Beam that produces breachs. 1 damage per room. Pierces 1 shield. Breach chance (8). Cooldown 24 s. Power required (3). Beam Length (100).

-- Omicron Impact Ion Beam --
Small beam that has ion properties and produces breachs. 1 ion damage per room. Pierces 1 shield. Breach chance (3). Cooldown 16 s. Power required (3). Beam Length (65).

-- Omicron Spatial Charges --
Subspace charges that deals regular damage, ion damage and crew damage. Fires 3 charges. 1 damage, 1 ion damage. Crew damage (2). Cooldown 20 s. Power required (3). Bullet Speed (100).

-- Omicron Nano Drone --
Small probe assembled with nano-technology. This simple weapon affects the enemy systems dealing 1 system damage. Cooldown 8 s. Requires 1 missile. System damage (1). Breach chance (2). Pôwer required (2). Bullet speed (16).

-- Omicron Isolitic Cannon --
Condensed blast of antimatter that irradiates the targeted room. Damage (1) 2x damage on systemless rooms. System damage (2). Crew damage (4). Ion damage (1). Pierces 3 shields. Breach Chance (8). Power required (3). Cooldown 23 s. Bullet speed (16).

-- Omicron Refined Artillery Beam --
High powered beam that pierces 3 shields and deals 2 damage per room. Damage (2). Pierces 3 shields. Fire chance (2). Breach chance (2). Cooldown 32 s. Power required (4). Beam length (125).

-- Omicron Proton Launcher --
High tech weaponry that uses lower power consumption at a huge recharge rate cost. Damage (3). Pierces 3 shields. Cooldown 27 s. Power required (1). Bullet Speed (16).

-- Omicron Proton Launcher Mark II --
Hhigh tech weaponry that uses lower power consumption at a huge recharge rate cost. Damage (6). Pierces 3 shields. Cooldown 39 s. Power required (2). Bullet Speed (28).

-- Omicron Exterminator Beam --
Long beam that deals 1 damage per room and emits a dangerous radiation lethal to the crew. Damage (1). Crew damage (5). Pierces 2 shields. Cooldown 25 s. Power required (3). Beam length (135).

-- Omicron Implosion Mine --
This slow tactical warhead inflicts extreme damage to hull. Damage (5). Requires 3 missiles. Pierces ALL shields. Fire chance (7). Breach Chance (7). Cooldown 11 s. Power required (3). Speed (2).

-- Omicron Ignus Beam --
Condensed tiny beam that deals high damage in the focused rooms and ignites fires. Damage (4). Pierces 2 shields. Fire chance (10). Cooldown 26 s. Power required (4). Beam length (8).

-- Omicron Rocket Burst --
Weapon that fires a burst of 4 rockets. Fires 4 rockets, 1 damage 2x damage on systemless rooms. Requires 3 missiles. Pierces ALL shields. Cooldown 25 s. Power required (3). Missile speed (12).

-- (Special) Omicron Omni Laser --
Fast laser that inflicts 1 ion damage and 2 hull damage. Pierces 1 shield. Cooldown 10s. Power required (1).

Defense drones so far ->

--Omicron Defense Mark I--
Power (1), Shot Cooldown (3500), Drone Speed (10), Weapon Speed (38) ONLY MISSILES

--Omicron Defense Mark II--
Power (2), Shot Cooldown (2400), Drone Speed (8), Weapon Speed (44) MISSILES AND LASERS

--Omicron Defense Mark III--
Power (3), Shot Cooldown (1200), Drone Speed (6), Weapon Speed (48) MISSILES AND LASERS

--Omicron Defense Mark IV--
Power (4), Shot Cooldown (550), Drone Speed (4), Weapon Speed (50) MISSILES AND LASERS

--Omicron Ultimate Defense (AKA Mark V) --
Power (4), Shot Cooldown (175), Drone Speed (1), Weapon Speed (54) MISSILES AND LASERS

Combat Drones so far ->

--Omicron Shredder--
Fighter that attacks with a refited version of an impact fire beam.
Power (1); Speed(12); Weapon damage(1 / 2 on systemless rooms); Shield piercing(0); Fire chance(1); Beam lenght(8)

--Omicron Shredder Mark II--
Fighter that attacks with a refited version of an impact fire beam.
Power (3); Speed(16); Weapon damage(1 / 2 on systemless rooms); Shield piercing (1); Fire chance (2); Beam length(16)

--Omicron Buster--
Fighter that attacks with a refited version of a Blaster cannon.
Power(2); Speed(14); Weapon damage(1); Shield piercing(1); Breach chance(1); Weapon speed(30);

--Omicron Bomber--
Slow fighter that fires slow mines that deals system damage.
Power(3); Speed(9); Weapon damage(0); Weapon system damage(1); Shield piercing(2); weapon speed(1);

--Omicron Sniper--
Slow attack plattform that fires a powered proton blast that deals double damage on systemless rooms.
Power(4); Speed(4); Weapon damage(2 / 2x on systemless rooms); Shield piercing(2); Weapon speed(16)

--Omicron Voulge--
Fighter that attacks with a mixed hull-anti pers. weapon. Minimum Fire Chance.
Power(1); Speed(11); Weapon damage(1); PersDamage(2); Fire Chance(1); Shield Piercing(0); Weapon Speed(24)

--Omicron Voulge Mark II--
Fighter that attacks with a mixed hull-anti pers. weapon. Low Fire Chance.
Power(3); Speed(17); Weapon damage(1); PersDamage(3); Fire Chance(2); Shield Piercing(0); Weapon Speed(24)

--Omicron Demonoid--
Incendiary Fighter that deals hull damage and ignites fire in a sealed room.
Power(4); Speed(7); Weapon damage(1); PersDamage(0); Fire Chance(3); Shield Piercing(2); Weapon Speed(10)
Effects - Seals targeted room when hit (very useful when u ignite a fire in that room).

-- (Special) Omicron Blue Energy Source --
Automated blue energy source that provides great resources and serves as well as an ion decimator. Avoids any crossfire.
Power (4); Speed (11); Weapon damage(0). Weapon ion damage(1). Weapon speed (1).

-- (Special) Omicron Exterminator --
Advanced combat fighter that fires slighty faster than any other heavy fighter and pierces 3 shields.
Power(4); Speed (10); Weapon damage (2); Pierces 3 shields. Weapon speed (18). Breach chance (6).

-- Omicron Interceptor --
High speed fighter that continuosly attack the enemy ship.
Power (3); Speed (26); Weapon damage (1); Breach chance (2); Weapon speed (30).

To Do
--------
* GIBS
* Balance fixes (all the time...)
* More events ¿?

-----------------
Version history ->
----------------------

Version 1.05 (18/08/2013)
*Balance fixes on weapons, events and omicron ships.
*Added 2 events + 2 omicron enemy ships

Version 1.01 (05/08/2013)
*Balance fixes on weapons, events and omicron ships.
*Added 1 event + 1 omicron enemy ship

Version 1.0 (19/07/2013)
* Added menu screen
* Added battleships and planet killers
* Added 2 new events + 3 omicron enemies
* Added 2 new special drones, the exterminator and the blue energy source.
* Added 2 new drones, the interceptor and the shredder mark II.
* Added new weapons with custom graphics, sounds, etc
* Balance fixes on weapons and events (still a lot of work in here, but this will need feedback so, i guess im not paying too much attention to this..)
* Changed cloak graphics again, since i forgot (yes, i am idiot.. lol) the procedure i used to make the past cloak graphics, so i needed to design them since the beginning again.
* Some changes in the ships configuration for balance purposes.

Version 0.8 (17/06/2013)
*Added omicron lurker and omicron xenon
*Added new weapons (omicron ion decimator, omicron heal bomb, omicron seal bomb)
*Added the blue energy source drone (not implemented, since i need to do some events before u can see it in-game)
*Some fixes and balances to the omicrion events and weapons.
*Changed the cloak images, now the Omicron ships uses a derived nebula electro-static signature to mask their presence, instead of making the ship invisible.

Version 0.7 (07(06/2013)
*Added omicron triton and omicron nimbus
*Added new weapons (omicron dual rocket, omicron overcharged ion plasma, omicron perforator, omicron energy mine)
*Changed weapon graphic of firebreath (wasnt convinced with the old one)
*Changed ALL the defenses graphics (removed the base image of the sprites, and changed the charged one. Now the drones stay static when they are deactivated, instead of fly around floating in space. This makes more sense since defenses on Omicron ships are supossed to be attached to the tube that holds the shield).
*Changed the defense projectiles sounds.
*Balance fixes on weapons and some drones.
*Some other small fixes and weapon re-balance work.

Version 0.6 (27/05/2013)
*Added omicron amon and omicron zeint
*Added new weapons (omicron k2 rocket, omicron fire laser, omicron fire laser mark II, omicron fire breath)
*Added 3 combat fighters (voulge, voulge mark II, demonoid)
* Little balance fixes here and there
*Added 2 customs events

Version 0.5(21/05/2013)
*Added omicron grinder and omicron onslaught
*Added new weapons (omicron lance, omicron lance mark ii, omicron lance burst, omicron aegon rocket)
*Added defense drone mark IV
*Added 4 combat fighters (buster, shredder, bomber, sniper)
*Little balance fixes here and there

Version 0.4 (15/05/2013)
*Added Omicron Abjudicator and Omicron Mauler
*Added new weapons (Omicron Bomb, Omicron Plasmid, Omicron Impact Fire Beam, Omicron Impact beam mark II, Omicron Autocannon, Omicron Monlith Cannon)
* Small balance fixes

Version 0.3 (09/05/2013)
*Added Omicron Incursor and Omicron Sentinel
*Added 2 new weapons (omni cannon, k1 rocket)
*Small fixes on some ship sprites
*Small balance fixes

Version 0.2 (06/05/2013)
*Added the Omicron Scavenger
*Changed shield graphic
*Added 2 new weapons + 1 defense drone

Version 0.1 (02/05/2013)
*Added the Omicron Raider
*Added custom weapons (3) with custom graphics and sounds.
*Added custom defense drones (2) with custom graphics and sound.
----------

* Requires FTL V. 1033 +

* Requires GMM
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2464

- The mod replaces the vanilla slots.

Download ->
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntq6i15jk32ou ... 201.05.ftl

NOTE: The sector_data.xml file is replaced from the one of the mod, since sector_data.xml cant be modded in append mode (or i just coudnt get it to work, anyways). This was necessary to modify the omicron events that appear in the game. Be aware of this if u are using other mod that replaces as well the same file.

Also, some system blueprints and augmentations are changed a little bit (mostly prices and upgrade costs) so again, if u are using other mod that changes the same, be careful.
Last edited by speedoflight on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am, edited 78 times in total.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Teodor

Re: [SHIP/S] Omicron Dinasty? - Omicron Raider [WIP]

Postby Teodor » Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Looks nice!
Will surely try this out this weekend.
fireclaw2006

Postby fireclaw2006 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:07 pm

I like this ship. It gives me a challenge.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Well, i decided to make a full-slot mod. So i will divide every slot in a ship class, for now the first one will be the assault classes. The Omicron raider and the Omicron ... dunno yet :)

The basics of assault ships are, more engine power available, direct firepower (nothing of weird weapons like the subspace mine launcher, ion weapons and so on) and lower hull points.

All these changes will be reflected in the next update, along with a new ship and new weapons (i hope so).
I decided to keep the artillery beam as it is, since i dont think it will be good to change the boss beams with a laser type weapon.. :shock:

P.D.: I really encourage people to give some ideas about ship classes / configurations (i have a lot of ideas, but there are always things that i will miss). For example, i have ideas for assault, scout, carrier, dreadnought (can be changed to battleship or something else), destroyer, planet killer, mothership, and some others that i need to check.
ImageImage
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Thu May 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Looks very cool! I have to try it out! :)
jakmiller

Re: [SHIP/S] Omicron Dinasty [WIP]

Postby jakmiller » Fri May 03, 2013 9:06 am

Amazingly beautiful. I would love to try it.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Just finished the sketch of the second ship ->

This ship is going to be really hard, notice the shield system only reaches a little portion of the ship xD (only 3 rooms). And the shield shape will make the defenses to have hard times when shooting at far targets.. lol. Now , the next step, clean the sprite and work on the layout. Keep tuned!
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri May 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm

I gotta say, you have made like everything I did too, at the same time.

I even made a mine and thought: "no one did try that before." But here we go, now we have both mines. And only yesterday I added the shielded missile; which is just a Laser and can therefore only be shot down by def mk2.

Well, I guess there is only so much different stuff you can make within ftl. I tried a healing beam for instance; I have already the graphics and all... but guess what, Beams cant heal for some ungodly reason. You'd think if the biobeam can damage them, it should be possible to reverse it, but no.

Great minds think alike apparently.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Metzelmax wrote:I gotta say, you have made like everything I did too, at the same time.

I even made a mine and thought: "no one did try that before." But here we go, now we have both mines. And only yesterday I added the shielded missile; which is just a Laser and can therefore only be shot down by def mk2.

Well, I guess there is only so much different stuff you can make within ftl. I tried a healing beam for instance; I have already the graphics and all... but guess what, Beams cant heal for some ungodly reason. You'd think if the biobeam can damage them, it should be possible to reverse it, but no.

Great minds think alike apparently.

Yup, but u need to be aware there is not too much variety of weapons in FTL, i had these weapon ideas long time ago (even before i finished the star trek mod) and yes, i was aware that u already did similar weapons, but i cant do anything about it lol. The mine was an idea i had when i released the Jem Haddar in my other mod and the attack bomber drone. Im trying to make original weapons but as i said, there is nothing much we can think off, since weapons in FTL desnt have a lot of features to experiment with, just a couple of things u can change in em. I wish there was other features like accuracy, arc span, multi warhead missiles (that splits in the air), anti armor rockets (well, we will need another system like "armor" or something like that for this to work) etc FTL is a great game, but it lacks so much on modding possibilities..

And yes, i dont like to have in the community 2 mods that already have similar weapons, but in the end, when u have 50 weapons, there is nothing u can do about it. If they are not the same now, they will later... I think all the possibilites are already done about weapons, more or less, so now the only thing we can do is to polish those weapons and balance em the best we can lol. Yup, a beam that heals was a thinking i had time ago, but as other negative values in FTL, it doesnt work.

Well, now we have another incentive to imagine new weapons, thats good, :lol: , but im afraid i dont think we can "invent" new weapons, since all of em are already modded.

note - i think all the people modding for FTL uses laser as a type weapon for missiles since ages ago (i do). And they dont care about the missiles not being able to shut down with defense level 1 drones. Thats cuz u cant animate missile animations, and its stupid to make a "MISSILE" class weapon, since the only thing that changes is that drones level 1 targets missile type weapons. If u use the MISSILE class weapon, the sprite will not be animated. Everything else is the same as a laser type weapon. Its better to make a missile as a laser and make a good missile animation with a good propulsion sprite and so on. Besides,missiles hit point is very messed up (i personally dont like the way its represented).

Anyways, until u reach sector 4 or 5 in the game, u will not see almost any defense drone in the AI layouts lol. Im playing now with the new enemy classes mod, and thats another story.

Anyways, dont worry about the mine, since i will remove it from the loadout of the Raider. Assault classes dont have those kind of weapons, i will reserve the mine launcher for other classes, like the bombers, escort classes or something else..
Last edited by speedoflight on Sat May 11, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage