[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18

Postby speedoflight » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I didnt mean to add a new playable sector (making 9 playable sectors in total) , i was just trying to add a new sector to be available when you jump to another sector. That should not be so hard to do, but i didnt have luck so far. I tried looking at other mods, but still it looks like it doesnt work. I need to do more testing, maybe its just a question of luck, i have the omicron sector set to appear from sector 2, but so far, never encountered it and i passed a lot of times through sector 2 and 3.. sigh.

About the speed of the vanilla drones, the mark ii fires faster than almost any drone of the omicron arsenal, but not faster than all of em (you should try the interceptor, or the voulge mark 2, or the shredder mark 2... they are really faster than any vanilla drone, thats for sure xD). But sometimes it is a question of luck, i tried with the sheredder a lot of times and im so unlucky that all of the times that stupid fighter was targeting only shielded rooms almost (and the marauder have only 2 shielded rooms lol...).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Lol. Funny bug i found. It turned out that the isolitic cannon (mounted in the Kronus battleship) can damage shields system even if you dont hit the shield room :lol: :lol: :lol: i never saw this bug ever. Isolitic cannon -> Hull damage 1, System damage 2, Pers Damage 4, Hullbust = 1, Ion Damage = 1, Breach Chance high.

So i dunno if this combination of features in the weapon are causing that the shields of enemy ship receives 1 system damage xD. Im not completely sure about this, but i just saw how everytime i target the weapons system of the enemy ship, once the projectile hits the shields of the enemy ship, automatically the shields systems turns orange (just like when you hit any system). I only saw that in one enemy ship, after that i died.

If someone can confirm this, we have here another funny bug that i never saw ever xd.
ImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Verified. The Impact Cannon in my own Marauders mod uses this trick.

Any weapon that does both ion and system damage will do both kinds of damage to the Shield system for each shield bubble it hits. It's not a bug, just an unintended feature. ;)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:32 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Verified. The Impact Cannon in my own Marauders mod uses this trick.

Any weapon that does both ion and system damage will do both kinds of damage to the Shield system for each shield bubble it hits. It's not a bug, just an unintended feature. ;)

So we could say that the weapon deals 1 system damage to shields as well, even if you will never hit the shield room.. thats really funny xD. It is really a cheap trick, specially against mantis ships.. they are even easier now that i know that "trick"..
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 am

Hi fellas, i replaced the mod version with another one with little changes, now you can trade scrap in the traveler event, i improved some weapon animations, and i re-balanced again some enemies, and other things like the defense drones.

I included 2 custom sectors to test purposes, i need people to try and tell me if they crash or not, since im having real trouble to get custom sectors working just fine. You can find those new sectors in your way to the final sector or not, it is just a question of luck, but since custom sectors in FTL are really forgotten by the game, its probably that sometimes you will not encounter a custom sector at all.

The only difference between these new sectors (for now, as i said they are there for test purposes) is vanilla events will be really rare, since i plan to remove all vanilla events (with the exception of stores, and maybe item events) in these new custom sectors in the future.
ImageImage
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:49 pm

hi Speedoflight i tested the new sector's and didnt find any bug's but the omicron colonial sector's (i think they are called) dont have shops in them (dont know if this is intentional :P) any ways seams like a good uppdate also the fact that O defence MK1 can shoot laser's saved me a couple of time's :D and i also managed too beat the boss for the first time :D :) (took some screenshots but dont know how too upload them :oops: :oops: (im such a noob :lol:
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Well, almost i know that crashes are not a common issue, i hope so, and i can continue with new events for the new custom sectors. Im going to make about 5 or 6 new omicron enemies, so the next update will be not soon....

Well, yea the Omicron marauders are nerfed a bit, but only a bit. Sometimes they can be really hard, sometimes you can kill em if you have attack drones, specially. Anyways xD, i will not call the marauder a boss, it is just a harder enemy ship. I plan to include a "boss" in the new custom sectors, something like a station or somthing like that. It will not be a fighting event, but of course you will have the chance to fight it, and it will be the hardest omicron enemy i will make. But still no designs are made so... this will take a while.
ImageImage
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:39 pm

always looking forward too your content (in my opinion its some of the best out there in the modding comunity) and if you need any special testing just say the word :D
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Just posting the wip im on, i am working really slow, actually i barely have enough time to waste 30 minutes in modding for ftl, but well, i finished the design of the first enemy ship (just hull image and gibs), it will be a bomber style, carrying mines, ion beams and the omicron bomb (in later sectors). Yup, the weapon mounts are on the left side of the ship.. -.-

It will appear in no - fuel events, the omicron sector and the omicron home sector.

Now, the next enemy will be a fire-based weapons one, carrying fire lasers, the fire breath and other fire-based weapons.
ImageImage
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:52 pm

looks nice :)