Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.2/1.12b

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:08 am

It wouldn't be totally op but still kind of unpredictable. My approach to balancing here was to not exceed any max values of vanilla and set the weapon stats similar to existing and therefore deemed balanced weapons. Such a weapon would be quite out of the whole present vanilla provides.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNnlknS ... e=youtu.be
That was Fun, while I didn't use the guns as much, it was cool to see the different guns used by different enemies, please enjoy
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Bonnie Lass

Postby Bonnie Lass » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Why is your mod full of ".append~" files? http://i.imgur.com/ZdyjLZf.png

(Note the tilde (~)).

You've also got a .DS_Store file in img\effects\
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:59 pm

I think these stuff comes from having Linux files on Windows computers, for I cant see them on my Linux rig at all, not sure though.
Did the mod work for you correctly? I guess as long as that is the case this should be harmless, but might swell the file size a little. Tried to delete everything with tilde? Should still work. The event files shouldn’t be present in the main release though...
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bonnie Lass

Postby Bonnie Lass » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I think these stuff comes from having Linux files on Windows computers, for I cant see them on my Linux rig at all, not sure though.
Did the mod work for you correctly? I guess as long as that is the case this should be harmless, but might swell the file size a little. Tried to delete everything with tilde? Should still work. The event files shouldn’t be present in the main release though...

I was just letting you know, it works fine.

And uhm, the event files are in both releases. Looks like you messed up there. Both files are completely identical, in fact.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:05 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I think these stuff comes from having Linux files on Windows computers, for I cant see them on my Linux rig at all, not sure though.

These are files created on/by MacOS X. They are quite harmless. You don't see them under Linux because files that start with a dot are hidden unless you choose to specifically display them.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 am

Bonnie Lass wrote:And uhm, the event files are in both releases. Looks like you messed up there. Both files are completely identical, in fact.

Thanks, that should be fixed now.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:56 am

Looking through your newest update's events, events_zoltan.xml.append~ appears to be from the Weaponanza mod. Whoops? Also, some grammar/spelling errors: "It appears the field has been pickt through by many others before." Should be 'picked'. "You search through an area of the field apperently reserved for scraped drones..." Should be 'apparently and 'scrapped'. "...and you cant manage to pull the ship away fast enough." Should be 'can't'. "Even worse the Engi scrapwardens..." Totally should have a comma after 'worse'. "with you fully loaded" Should be 'your'.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks for your feedback, corrected in 1.06. The zoltan file is removed as well, but I left the other ~ files in, as they might have some function on other platforms.

Note that Balanced Arsenal has compatibility weapon lists for New Enemy Classes now. Balanced Arsenal has to be loaded after New Enemy Classes in GMM for this to work. The new lists should then override correctly and the new classes that use custom weapon-lists then get the new weapons as well.
Bonnie Lass

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.05/1.06b

Postby Bonnie Lass » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Your links to New Enemy Classes in the OP do not work.