[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip) UPDATED 9/03

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 am

The Phaser Array never breaches. Fire sometimes, but no breach. I dont know, but are beams actually able to breach? Can't recall seeing that in vanilla ftl ever.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am

For testing purpose, it would be great if you would temporarily give one of the standard ships all the advanced weapons so, we can try them.
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:47 am

Metzelmax wrote:For testing purpose, it would be great if you would temporarily give one of the standard ships all the advanced weapons so, we can try them.

Hmm, as i recall on testing, the phaser yes make breaches, but now that u say that beams cant make breachs i need to check it out. If u right and beams cant breach, then i have no choice that let the phasers only with fire chance. :(

I really wish this game were more modeable, there are a lot of things that limits too much the modding possibilities of this game.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Well, u were right. I only tested 3 or 4 times, but it seems that beams doesnt breach.... (great, sigh.). So, the phaser will stay as it is now, but with really high chance of fire instead of breach. I will update the link in the first post in a few hours, including the Negh'var and the other klingon weapon, the polaron torpedo.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip) UPDATED 11/03

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Updated to version 0.5 and expecting feedback and tips.. ;)

The layout of the Negh'var is a bit out of the screen in the hangar, but i cant do anything about it (not without making the ship smaller, something that i dont want to lol) ... sorry for that.

I still need someone to tell me wat means the "dogde" field for the drones.. so i can make more different shuttles.. how can be the drones destroyed?? by lasers?

One thing, some ships cant use teleport, cloak or something else. In those cases, in the ship list, if u hover the mouse over the mini image u can see a tip telling u wat systems the ship cant use. For example, the species 8472 cant use cloak (as well as the enterprise, for now) and it doesnt matter if u buy it, it wont appear on the ship systems. But other systems that are missing at the beginning, like teleport in some cases or cloak, can be used if u buy em in-game. This is done to keep a bit closer the star trek universe, so, some species like species 8472, will have more difficult to use some systems, like shields than others.

I changed the slot for the klingons to the stealth one, since i think the mantis will fit much better the species 8472.. :shock:

Next ... the species 8472
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm

This is weird, i just checked that some beams like the halberd beam of the game have breach chance.

But i didnt notice the phasers making breach. Well, i already changed it ... but it will be good to know if beams can or cant make breachs.
ImageImage
Cardassian Spy

Postby Cardassian Spy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I've been following this thread for a while now.

In my opinion, you could make:
- Dominon Ships (attack ships, no sensors, maybe no medbay, but agile and with a lot od Jem'Hadar on board and a transporter)
- Cardassian Ships (well rounded, with the focus on offensive capabilities)

I was also thinking, that it would be really great to make a total conversion mod - Star Trek themed events and storyline. But I'm wondering if that wouldn't raise some intellectual property issues - there've been some Star Trek mods and I guess they kinda disappeared?

What do you guys think? If someone started that kind of a project, I would gladly contribute by giving ideas and doing some work as well (though I'm not a modder yet)

Cheers
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:43 am

What other ship do you want to take for the Species 8472? In the series there only is this one ship.

I dont count the ships from Armada II, since that's from the guys that thought the fusion cube was a good idea.
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Metzelmax wrote:What other ship do you want to take for the Species 8472? In the series there only is this one ship.

I dont count the ships from Armada II, since that's from the guys that thought the fusion cube was a good idea.

I never liked Armada II , yes i loved Armada I, but not the second one lol.

Anyways, species8472 designs are not too difficult to splice, i need to see if i can mount other ship design. I only have other design that is the same bioship but in firing mode. It really looks like another ship totally different, so maybe i put it as one. I really like how in-game looks like species 8472, and i really like the final result of the bio weapon :p, u will see it in the next update.

Cardassian Spy, yea the Jem Haddar and the Cardassian are other options, we will see :p

About the story line , as i commented on the first post, thats something i would like to see, but its really hard to achieve and it will be very hard to implement with all the time u will need to do it. I could do it, but not until i have finisihed ALL the things of the mod.
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 am

...so how bout a Borg Cube for one ship, maybe make it the Federation Cruiser for the beam weapon, and include the medi-bots as, "Repair Software"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269